The Chemistry section of JEE Main is one of the most scoring sections. JEE aspirants must get well-versed in all the Organic, Inorganic, and Physical Chemistry topics to ace all the questions on the JEE Main Session 1 Exam Paper. JEE Main is set with challenging questions, the competition is fierce, and students have very little margin for error. Students must prepare rigorously and revise thoroughly to outperform the competition and secure the best scores.
A successful JEE Main 2022 exam revision can be an interesting phase of an aspirant’s life. It allows students to assess their strengths and work on weaknesses. Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main Session 1 Exam is 35% of the total questions in the Chemistry section. Here are JEE Main 2022 preparation tips and revision ideas for Inorganic Chemistry that will help you open your mind to several possibilities rather than adopting a rote learning approach.
|Table of Contents|
|1.Decide Your Revision Pattern|
|2. Revise Concepts and Formulae from Notes|
|3. Limit the Number of Reference Books|
|4. Ace Problem Solving Techniques|
|5. Practise Previous Year’s Papers|
|6. Take JEE Main Mock Tests|
|7. Clarify Doubts|
Before you begin your revision of Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main 2022, it is important to go through the JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus and mark topics that require more attention. Before revisions, students must check out the JEE Main 2022 exam dates and JEE Main 2022 exam pattern.
Decide Your Revision Pattern
Students must realise that a common revision pattern for covering the wide syllabus won’t fit all. It is essential to decide how and where you would begin your revision. It is equally important to create a structure for revising Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main Session 1 Exam 2022.
Every student has certain strong and weak areas. Identifying and marking the weaknesses in the JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus helps one decide how much time he/she has to give to those specific topics.
The topics of Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main session 1 exam are as follows:
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and process of isolation of metals
- s – block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- p – block elements (elements of Group 13, Group 14, Group 15, Group 16, Group 17, Group 18)
- d – and f – block elements (Transition Elements, Inner Transition Elements, Actinoids, Lanthanoids)
- Coordination compounds
- Environmental Chemistry (Environmental pollution, atmospheric pollution, tropospheric pollutants, particulate pollutants, stratospheric pollution, water pollution, and soil pollution)
Generally, students find s, p, d, and f- block elements challenging to memorise. If you feel the same, too, you can begin your revision with these topics.
Furthermore, the key to formulating a good revision pattern for Inorganic Chemistry is to place one topic that you find your weakness with the one you feel strongly about in a day’s plan. Most students commit a common error that they focus entirely on their weaknesses and stress themselves out. It is important to strike a balance.
Moreover, when fewer days are left for exams, students tend to neglect their health during revisions and devote long hours to studying. You must keep time breaks to ensure that you come back fresher with a better concentration.
Revise Concepts and Formulae from Notes
Students often try to skim through their advanced books for revision. However, this practice isn’t wise. During your preparation time, you must have formulated notes or summary sheets. It’s time to utilise them. Inorganic Chemistry notes will help you glance through important concepts and formulae quickly. Additionally, the Inorganic Chemistry notes have precise and simplified information, so students can speed up the revision process and use the remaining time for developing important exam-taking skills.
Moreover, Inorganic Chemistry has several concepts that you will have to memorise. So, save your time and employ it in thoroughly revising your notes. They will help you study productively for JEE Main 2022 exams.
Limit Your Number of Reference Books
Often students find revisions difficult because they have a huge stock of books they had used for preparation. However, students must realise that they can refer to several books while preparing for JEE examinations, but not for revisions.
If you sit down to revise all the books you have, it won’t be a revision process; rather, you will be stuck in the preparation stage.
So, when you have to go through a book for revising a topic, keep a limited number of books at hand. Reading a lot of textbooks can waste your time. Most of the books contain similar information, it is for you to decide which books were easy to understand when you were preparing, and you can use the same 2-3 good books to revise before the exam.
Ace Problem Solving Techniques
Improving problem-solving speed for all students aspiring for higher ranks in the JEE 2022 exam is a must. Students must make a systematic routine to polish their problem-solving skills. The following techniques have helped students advance in problem-solving:
- Practice developing speed and accuracy simultaneously
- Time yourself even when revising
- When practising with JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers, develop a habit to scan the paper first and plan your answering strategy
- Make it a habit to attempt easier problems first, even when revising. Slowly move on to moderately difficult questions and, finally, the difficult ones.
- Try to solve as many problems as possible
- Glance through the notes or summary sheets and put them aside, then solve questions from the book
Practise Previous Year’s Papers
Once you are comfortable with several Inorganic Chemistry topics, move on to solving the JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers. Practising the questions will help you understand the variety, and the perspective of questions asked in the JEE exam.
Moreover, it helps students get familiar with how the questions are framed and twisted. Students must not expect straight questions as JEE questions are always tricky in exams. So, it is best to get acquainted with their language and style.
Take JEE Main Mock Tests
It is best to take a few JEE Main Mock Tests 2022 once you have revised a major portion of the Inorganic Chemistry Syllabus for JEE Main 2022. Taking mock tests has several benefits, some of which are listed below.
- It helps students understand their problems.
- Allows students to acknowledge the important parts of the syllabus
- Boosts the confidence of the JEE aspirants
- Helps to chalk out similar questions
- Enables them to plan their examination strategy
- One of the biggest concerns faced by JEE aspirants is time management. Mock tests teach proper time management.
- Creates familiarity with the JEE paper pattern
- Enables self-evaluation and thus better preparation
- Mock tests allow students to develop agility and a better problem-solving speed
- Resolves anxiety and helps tackle exam pressure
Lastly, when revising the concepts, solving questions, or taking mock tests, you will certainly come across problems and concepts that require clarity, or you still do not understand them completely. It is essential to keep a notebook by your side and note your issues in it. When you note down your doubts at a particular place, you won’t miss out on them. Thus, you can easily get them clarified from your teacher.
Students follow the revision strategy as mentioned above, thoroughly revise the crucial concepts in the JEE Main 2022 important chapters and practice as many numerical questions as possible are sure to emerge with an outshining JEE Main 2022 Result. Intending to bag the top positions while contending for the best Indian engineering institutes, you need to ameliorate your preparation and revise meticulously. Hard work pays, and JEE results bear testimony to that. So, brace up, revise, and inculcate confidence.
1. Is Inorganic Chemistry for the JEE Main Session 1 exam difficult?
Students who have appeared for JEE Main exams find the Inorganic Chemistry section relatively easier. Even the syllabus for Inorganic Chemistry isn’t that vast. Moreover, the topics covered in the syllabus are the ones most students have been studying from class 10 onwards. The course is simpler to comprehend and thus easier for scoring better in the JEE Main exam. However, students must ensure that they choose the right study material for preparation and revision. Class 12 NCERT Chemistry and H.C. Verma provides quality information on important Inorganic Chemistry topics in an easy to understand manner and helps students emerge with good results.
2. What are the advantages of referring to Chemistry textbook solutions while revising Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main Session 1 Exam 2022?
The NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry is expertly crafted and serves as revision notes for JEE aspirants. They are very useful and are readily available in PDF form for students to download. The PDF version allows students to get printouts of these solutions and use them as notes during their revision time. In addition to revision, Chemistry textbook solutions help students quickly review the syllabus in detail and mark their areas of weakness. Students can swiftly go through textbook solutions for educational assistance, check out all the applicable laws, and get the fundamental concepts at their fingertips.
3. Which chapter in Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main Session 1 Exam 2022 is the most difficult? Students usually find p-block elements one of the most challenging chapters in Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main exams. A major reason most students find them difficult is the extra effort required for memorising several facts associated with elements of Group 13, Group 14, Group 15, Group 16, Group 17, and Group 18. However, the chapter is easy if you switch your approach to understanding the concepts rather than cramming them. p-block is amongst the most important Inorganic Chemistry chapters, and questions from sub-topics such as trends in chemical and physical properties of elements and compounds are often a part of the JEE Main questions.
4. Are coordination compounds important for JEE Mains Session 1 Exam 2022?
Coordination compound is an important topic for JEE aspirants preparing for the JEE Mains examination. This chapter is amongst the chapters that hold maximum weightage. Moreover, this topic of Inorganic Chemistry is comparatively easier and is a good source of boosting a student’s rank. Therefore, students must get well-versed with coordination compound concepts in the JEE Main syllabus and facilitate their exam preparation. Students can access NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry to understand the coordination compounds’ questions. JEE aspirants must note that several questions in the JEE Main exam come from NCERT books. Therefore, it is vital to know the right answers from subject experts.
5. Do mock tests assist in JEE Main preparation?
Students who take mock tests before JEE Main exam experience the following advantages:
- It familiarises them with the question pattern, mark distribution, and importance of various chapters.
- They get an idea of the difficulty level.
- Help them evaluate their preparation and readiness for the JEE Main 2022 exam.
- Most importantly, taking a mock test helps students enhance their speed and accuracy.
- Often you might know a concept, but you fail to apply it due to examination pressure. Mock tests ensure that the students get comfortable with the exam and reduce anxiety.
6. Is NCERT Inorganic Chemistry sufficient for JEE Mains Session 1 exam?
NCERT books are a complete package for any JEE aspirant. They are enough for the JEE Mains Inorganic Chemistry. Moreover, approximately 80% of questions from Inorganic Chemistry in the JEE Mains exam are from NCERT either directly or indirectly. Therefore, students must ensure that they practice all the questions, check their answers from the textbook solutions, and get through every line of the Inorganic Chemistry chapters.