Success does not come from what you do occasionally, but what you do consistently.
Are you planning to take the NEET 2023 and get the greatest possible score? Then you’ve arrived at the correct place. It is commendable that the students are aiming for a score of 300 or above; nevertheless, keep in mind that it is not a stroll in the park, nor is it an impossible feat. All you need is a strong will.
Before entering the arena, make sure you have a thorough NEET preparation strategy and an understanding of the actual NEET marks weightage. Biology has a high weightage in the grade. As a result, biology preparation in NEET is the decisive element for a high NEET score and rank. Here we will go through the most important strategies for producing flawless biology notes for NEET examinations. So, what are you holding out for? Let’s get right into it.
NEET 2023 Preparation Strategy: Personal Notes
An appropriate preparation technique is essential for passing the NEET with excellent grades. According to professionals and previous years toppers, making personal notes when studying for a competitive test is a smart idea.
Because you won’t have enough time to revise from hefty textbooks during the last few days/hours before the test, the personalised notes you write while preparing serve as the finest last-minute revision strategy. That’s when the personal notes become helpful.
While many students adhere to taking notes, many others regard taking personal notes as a time-consuming and boring activity. Applicants must understand the importance of taking notes. Personal notes are important since the act includes yourself in the learning process, and writing down what you learn will help you remember it better and faster.
NEET 2023: Biology
Biology preparation in NEET consists of 90 questions totaling to 360 marks. Biology is the primary topic in which applicants with a solid grasp of biology may excel. As a result, preparing biological topics will be a win-win situation for the learners. So, for students who want to make biology notes, here is a straightforward strategy to help you produce flawless biology notes so you can review them quickly:
Tips/Tricks to Prepare Effective NEET Biology Notes
Analyse the NEET Biology Syllabus Key Points
It is not the number but the quality that is important. It is the most important piece of advice to remember when taking notes.
Always keep a note that it is not how much you write but what you write that matters, or, to put it another way, you must write your notes while keeping in mind the essential topics of the curriculum that may be tested in the exam.
- Don’t keep writing about what you’re learning; instead, make brief notes that make sense.
- Organise the syllabus into sections to make it simpler to cover the material.
- Go over your book’s main page and group the related concepts, then write them together for easier understanding.
- Make as much use of headings and subheadings, and diagrams as feasible.
NEET 2023 Biology Important Chapter wise Weightage
|WEIGHTAGE OUT OF 100 (in %)
|Diversity in Living World
|Cell Structure and Function
|Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
|Genetics and Evolution
|Biotechnology and Its Applications
|Biology and Human Welfare
|Ecology and environment
Remember to add examples in your notes
Although if you wrote less but mentioned a relevant example, you can still earn full points, which is why you must not overlook this vital stage while taking notes.
- Examples are often useful in helping you remember what you’ve learnt.
- When writing your answers in the test, just the examples will help you get additional marks since they will make your response appear appealing because anytime you offer examples, you supply proof that makes your replies sound appealing.
- Exemplifications are often helpful in grasping difficult topics and giving you a sense of what the topic is attempting to express.
- Use your way with words to make the notes as basic as possible
- It is quite significant. Don’t just write the literary jargon of whatever topic or term you’ve acquired.
- Always utilise your speech. It will assist your mind in processing the topic and allow you to remember it for a longer time.
- It is similar to writing notes when a lecturer is giving a lecture; you should not transcribe every word stated by the lecturer as it is. Instead, translate it into your terms so you can recall what they explained when you revise afterwards.
- Writing in a complex language or someone else’s flow might lead to confusion later.
- Make a strategy for writing answers that you will stick to
- When you begin studying for any examination, you have a strategy; similarly, there is a method for writing answers in the exam.
- You may lose marks even if you have written 5 pages of answers to the question but did not write its basic definition. To avoid circumstances where you may lose marks for failing to write the fundamental things required, you could include in your notes as a suggestion that you should not miss during the exam.
- When you practise an exam or a sample paper, you must jot down the weak parts that need to be addressed the following time.
- Always write NCERT important lines in notes.
- The NEET 2023 syllabus is drawn from NCERT textbooks for classes 11 and 12. So, to pass with excellent grades, it is necessary to consider each line of NCERT textbooks.
- Add all of the NCERT’s random points and lines to your notes.
- The examiner is an expert at perplexing you with that one line of NCERT solutions you just exceeded by stating “least important.”
- Visualise tough topics
- Biology is a visual topic with a lot of diagrams. It’s like a freebie for your learning experience.
- When you are learning a concept, attempt to visualise it in your head; this will prevent you from forgetting the concept in the long term.
- It will assist you to absorb the concepts more rapidly than other topics for which you neglected to imagine a picture!
- Visuals tend to stick in our brains for a longer time.
- This advice can greatly simplify your learning process and provide you with a clearer image of the topic.
- Revise over and again to sharpen your memory
- Once you’ve finished taking notes, you should go over them repeatedly to make sure you haven’t missed anything vital, which will also assist the topic in sticking in your mind.
- Taking notes is a time-consuming procedure that needs a lot of effort and time, but after you’re done, you’ll feel relieved.
- After you’ve finished writing them, the only thing left to do is go over them repeatedly.
- Keep revising them and try to make them as brief as possible. The more you go over them, the more you’ll be able to pick out the important details and make a note of them.
- You will finish up with a stronger foundation this way. You will also be able to refine your preparedness.
As discussed above, notes are important for the NEET 2023 biology preparation! But what things do we need to keep in mind when preparing notes?
Features of Effective Preparation Notes
- Simple and easy to understand
- Well-organised and sequentially ordered
- In summary (point-wise)
- Important aspects are covered, and a set of formulas and shortcuts.
- Highlighted passages
In a word, focus on making your NEET revision notes as sharp and clear as possible so that you can go through the entire biology course of two years in the one week before the test!
Let’s take a glance at what was studied above!
A Quick Guidelines: General Notes Preparation
- To highlight the features, use different coloured markers. You may utilise each colour to distinguish between crucial principles.
- Make your shortcuts to help you remember things more readily.
- Instead of writing in a notebook, make your notes on A4 paper and file them.
- Make the notes in a speech that you are familiar with.
- Never attempt to copy text directly from a textbook.
- Make a list of key points from the lectures you attended.
- Along with thorough preparation, keeping excellent physical and mental health is essential for NEET success.
Frequently Asked Questions Effective Biology Short Notes Preparation.
Question 1: How do you prepare NEET 2023 Biology notes?
In Biology, record just the topics you find difficult to remember in your notes. For example, if you forget about various algae's stored food, record that one item in your complete biological classification notes. Add all of the NCERT's multiple points and lines to your notes.
Question 2: Should I take notes for the NEET 2023 Biology?
Personal notes must be taken when preparing for the NEET. It is suitable for practically any applicant. They have the potential to increase your NEET 2023 ranking. Personal notes are also an excellent tool for last-minute revision.
Question 3: How can you prepare short notes for the NEET 2023 Biology?
Don't start taking notes just after beginning a chapter! It is where the majority of hopefuls fail.
Go through each NEET 2023 important topic in that chapter at least 4 to 5 times to tell what is vital and what isn't.
Question 4: Is it important to take notes in Biology?
Having strong note-taking abilities is one of the keys to success in biology. It is not sufficient to attend class and listen to the lecturer. To score well on tests, you should create precise, thorough notes.