Technology has the far-fetched ability to modify education, inside and outside the classroom. Education technology lets students participate, control their academic performance, access information, and interact with pedagogues.
Technology makes it effortless for teachers and academics to communicate and harmonise with parents and sophomores effectively. Research shows that students feel more inspired and encouraged when using technology in the study hall. Teachers can make good use of educational technology to improve their various skills. Although traditional ways, i.e., paper and pencil learning methods, are still required in the classroom, technology provides many tools that make Learning More Effective for students.
This article aims to show how developing technology benefits everyone and makes the learning process simple.
Table of Contents
- It Lets You Learn More and Be One Step Ahead
- Connect Parents and Children
- Helps Teachers With Some Opportunities and Handy Tools
- Provides Multi-teacher Facilities
- You Get More Opportunities for Research-based Learning
- Money Saving
Some ways technology has improved learning are given below. Have a look.
It Lets You Learn More and Be One Step Ahead
Every student has a different way of grasping the topics. Therefore, you can say that students learn in different ways. While teaching in traditional ways, the study materials the teacher presents let all students engage with it similarly. This study type leaves little room for students to learn things with freedom. Also, they need to learn the same things during the same duration.
But the involvement of technology has changed these situations. Technology provides some flexible learning cases for students.
- You can use various tutorial channels on YouTube or other online educational sites to learn difficult topics easily and in a better way.
- Technology has allowed students to compete with peers online and get instant feedback about their practices.
- You can find more challenging problems or activities to increase your knowledge and understanding of the material.
- You can practice things using different activities repetitively.
In other words, technology offers students a variety of ways that a typical lecture room cannot. It motivates students to learn with the help of various educational tools.
Connect Parents and Children
In the era when technology has not taken place in the educational field, parents were usually unaware of the students’ classroom progress and records. As a result, they played a little role in their kids’ educational life. They only got to know about their results or what’s going on in their life during parent-teacher meetings.
But technology changed these old circumstances. With the help of technology,
- Parents are much more involved in their children’s learning process.
- They are regularly updated and informed by academies about their progress.
- They can help their kids by motivating them to learn more and teaching them ways to get success.
- They can get instantaneous updates on their children’s attendance, grades, and classroom conduct details.
- They can email or message the coordinators or teachers to inquire about their kids’ progress with the help of the school’s Learning Management System (LMS).
Technology has greatly improved communication linking schools and parents. It can also help parents struggling with their children’s homework.
Helps Teachers With Some Opportunities and Handy Tools
Technology assists teachers by offering them many learning tools that solve plenty of problems. They can communicate with parents easily, develop professionally, and enhance classroom learning with the help of technology. It provides several resources for teachers that can be used as supplement instructions.
As parents get a lot of benefits from the development of technology in education, teachers also benefit enormously from it.
- They can email the whole class at one time or can send reminder messages to their parents simultaneously.
- Also, if needed, the teachers can reach specific parents too.
- For new ideas or questions, teachers can also send emails to their colleagues or join online forums.
- Teachers can also pursue their professional development with the help of technology.
After the COVID-19 pandemic situations, many universities provide facilities like online lectures, online classes, or even entire online degree programs. Teachers can use many websites when needed help and can also support each other via different online portals. There are thousands of articles that can help them learn about the changes and discoveries in the field of education.
Provides Multi-teacher Facilities
With the aid of technology, it becomes easier to manage classrooms. Whether the teacher is in the classroom or not, all the students in the entire class can receive their feedback instantaneously at once. In such cases, computers play a vital role. They work as supporting teachers in modern classrooms.
Computers can give students numerous instructions based on each sophomore’s learning needs. In the case of large classrooms, technology plays an important part as it helps teachers differentiate all students in the study hall.
There are a lot of websites, programs, and lesson videos that offer students immediate help wherever they ask for it. Teachers can also instruct the individual student and allow them to work in pairs. However, the advancement of students depends on their own pace and what online tools they are using.
- Many sites proved excellent for practising vocabulary and getting immediate feedback.
- Some are especially good for long-term retention and learning from mistakes. These apps help them in mixing with their peers.
- Some websites also allow teachers to create quizzes, games, and activities that students can solve online. Students get on-the-spot feedback, and the teacher receives a list that identifies each student’s results and statistics.
- With the assistance of technology, students can also lecture classmates. They can collaborate and ask questions in real-time, anywhere, through online discussion forums or other settings.
Technology allows students to help and work together to understand the material better. In this way, students can many times serve as assistant teachers. And learning via instructions is highly effective for grasping a topic and solving problems.
You Get More Opportunities for Research-based Learning
Today, technology engrosses students with many research and survey-based learnings. For such learnings, students can work individually as well as in groups. During the pandemic, programs like Google Classroom become a handy tool for teachers and students.
With the help of Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, students can edit work together simultaneously and create presentations for project-based learning. It helps develop critical thinking skills, memorising ways, and saving paper. With the help of technology,
- Students have permission to access unlimited resources for projects.
- They can learn about any subject at an unlimited rate at any time.
- They can use their projects and data to propose remedies to real-life problems rather than creating traditional repeating truths.
- They have more liberty to conclude their assignments. Students can select options like making a website, blog, video, etc.
Although devices that need to use technology all cost quite high, they are worth the investment if you consider their benefits. The durability of these devices offers so many tools that you will feel more than pay for them.
- You can save paper by using such gadgets and electronic documents.
- You can replace papers by email and can send them to the parents.
- Teachers can upload assignments using technology instead of copies to print out bundles of materials.
Previously, parents spent their money on supplementary materials and searching for a good tutor. But, the introduction of educational technology provides many free online options, e-book facilities, and time and money-saving tutorial programs for the students. These are very convenient sources and do not need much maintenance or a place to store. Nowadays, many free online virtual reality programs can save time and money and help students with virtual field trips.
Technology is a device that can improve education in many ways. It benefitted teachers, parents, and children. They can receive free online resources, many opportunities for advanced learning, and personalized learning materials.
Besides teachers, parents, and students, schools, institutes, and academies have also adopted technology in their educational programs. It is like a valuable investment that profits them in the hereafter of their students. As a result, technology has proved itself a powerful asset in learning.
1. What are the aids technology provides in education?
There are many benefits of technology in education. Some of them are
- It makes students more engaged with their studies and during lessons in the classroom.
- Students can also communicate with each other during their lessons.
- It helps students and teachers in retaining information related to any specific topic.
- It motivates and energises students in the classroom.
- It teaches students various Learning Styles and lets them gain benefits from these styles.
- You can get personalised learning opportunities with the help of technology.
- Teachers can also reach a new level of productivity and efficiency with the help of educational technology.
2. How does technology improve student achievement?
Technology improves student’s achievement as
- It motivates students to achieve higher levels. It helps reduce the dropout rates and motivates them to continue their education.
- It prepares students for later achievements in the institute and teaches them useful and updated skills.
- It makes the students proficient in using their abilities by Learning Techniques to express themselves better and understand topics quickly.
- It helps students in mastering the skills of writing, reading, and math skills. These skills provide a foundation for their future learning.
3. How do educational platforms help students with their homework?
Many platforms, like Aakash Coaching Institute or BYJU’s, can provide stepwise tutorials on many homeroom subjects. Here, you can get help in various ways like hints, explanations, concept verifications, etc., to clarify the topics. You can also check many sample problems for practising the same concept.
Many Online Learning platforms are full of study materials and help learners develop their language skills. Such online portals provide much potential and many benefits for the students. Online platforms provide all those tools to help students track their progress.
4. How do websites help children in learning in the form of fun activities?
Many websites provide personalised learning opportunities for students through games. For instance, students can advance at their speed through a lesson plan in the form of a treasure hunt setup. They can learn the topics, earn rewards, and unlock their characters’ points upon completing the level-wise treasure hunt. Such activities keep children elevated and influenced toward learning.
With the help of some gaming websites, children can learn critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Children learn the cause and effects of the matter and explore the world. Such educational websites work as fun and learning tools for the kids.
5. How does technology help in enhancing learning?
There are many ways by which technology helps in enhancing the learning process. Some of them are
- Technology helps in fostering communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, and collaboration-type workplace skills in the students.
- Technology makes it much simpler for teachers to identify the learning requirements of the students.
- With its help, students can learn many skills like project-making, communicating with others, group learning, cooperative nature, etc.
- Teachers can prepare strategies, motivate and make students engage by using technology.
6. What part does technology play in the learning process?
The interaction between students and teachers increases with AR (Augmented Reality) and VR (Virtual Reality) involvement. And these technologies convert difficult concepts into gamification, making the learning process fun for the students.
They look forward to having time with their devices to scout and learn things via games, videos, websites, and apps. Students can play, pause, or re-watch the complex topics using educational platforms until they are not clear about the topics. This way, they can learn various materials and have fun simultaneously. It lets them stay engaged, improve collaboration and communication skills, and learn things anytime and anywhere.