Do you want to crack the CUET 2022 examination and take B.Sc or M.Sc in Physics for your higher studies? If yes, it is essential to stay informed about the CUET 2022 Physics syllabus and study accordingly. Administered by the National Testing Agency, the CUET syllabus 2022 has a strategic arrangement of practical and theoretical topics.
Students must prepare all the key topics to crack the CUET 2022 examination with outstanding marks and become a part of renowned central universities. In this article, you will learn about the CUET UG and PG 2022 Physics syllabus and its examination pattern. Make a study plan as per the syllabus and the examination pattern to crack CUET 2022 with excellent results.
Also SEE: CUET 2022 Guidelines
CUET UG 2022 Physics Syllabus
The CUET UG 2022 Physics syllabus depends on the Class 12 curriculum. Students must revise the concepts explained in Class 12 to get optimum marks in the CUET UG 2022 Physics examination. The following list consists of a detailed CUET Physics syllabus.
- Unit 1: Electrostatics
- Unit 2: Current Electricity
- Unit 3: Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Unit 4: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Unit 5: Electromagnetic Waves
- Unit 6: Optics
- Unit 7: Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Unit 8: Atoms and Nuclei
- Unit 9: Electronic Devices
- Unit 10: Communication System
Also see: CUET 2022 Exam
Unit 1: Electrostatics
This section comprises the concept of electrostatics, electric charges and Coulomb’s law. The electric field components, electric flux, insulators, conductors, capacitors and electric potential are discussed.
Unit 2: Current Electricity
This chapter covers the primary concepts of electric current and electric charge, Ohm’s law, electrical power and energy, electric conductivity and resistivity, the applications of Kirchhoff’s law, cell’s internal resistance, carbon resistors, and resistance’s temperature dependence.
Unit 3: Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
This segment includes the magnetic field concept, the function of magnets, Ampere’s law, magnetic force, the magnetic dipole, magnetic field intensity, and the earth’s magnetic field. The concept of Biot – Savart law and factors affecting the electromagnets are elaborated.
Unit 4: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
This section includes Faraday’s law, Electromagnetic induction, Lenz’s law, LC oscillations, wattless current, AC circuits’ power and AC transformer and generator, alternating currents and voltage.
Unit 5: Electromagnetic Waves
The characteristics and nature of electromagnetic waves, the different electromagnetic spectrum and their facts are described.
Watch: Last Minute Tips & Tricks for CUET 2022 | CUET Exam Taking Strategy | Aakash BYJU’S
Unit 6: Optics
In this chapter, the reflection and refraction of light, mirror formula, optical fibres, lens maker’s procedure, an overview of the wave optics, polaroids, polarised lights and the concept of astronomical telescopes are elaborated.
Unit 7: Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
This chapter explains the Davisson-Germer experiment, Einstein’s photoelectric equation, Hertz and Lenard’s observation and de Broglie’s relation.
Unit 8: Atoms and Nuclei
The mass-energy relation, Rutherford’s model of the atom, radioactivity, atomic mass, nuclear fusion, and the composition of the nucleus is covered in this chapter.
Unit 9: Electronic Devices
The concept of logic gates, Zener diode, insulators, conductors, solar cells, and the characteristics of junction transistors and oscillators is covered in this section.
Unit 10: Communication System
This chapter explains the elements of the communication system, the need for modulation, electromagnetic wave propagation, the production of amplitude-modulated waves, and the signal bandwidth.
CUET PG 2022 Physics Syllabus
The CUET PG 2022 Physics syllabus is based on the undergraduate curriculum. Students should revise the topics of the graduation-level Physics syllabus to crack the CUET 2022 examination for post-graduation. The following are the topics covered in the CUET PG 2022 Physics syllabus.
CUET PG 2022 Physics Syllabus
|Oscillations, Waves, and Optics|
|Mechanics and General Properties of Matter|
|Kinetic Theory, Thermodynamics|
|Electricity and Magnetism|
|Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics|
CUET 2022 Physics Exam Pattern
Students should know the CUET 2022 Physics exam pattern before starting the preparation. The question pattern helps a student frame their timetable and study accordingly. It allows students to understand the essential and least essential topics based on the marks allotted for each chapter. For instance: if five questions appear from the sixth chapter and one question from the seventh chapter, the sixth chapter becomes important from the examination perspective. Students can focus on the crucial chapters over the least important ones if there is a time constraint. While it is essential to cover all the CUET NTA 2022 Physics chapters, studying the ones with more marks weightage first is an ideal study strategy.
The CUET 2022 Physics curriculum for the undergraduate course has three sections – the first section comprises 13 to 20 languages, the second section has 20 domain-specific topics, and the third has a general test section. Students should aim to get good scores in all three areas to crack the CUET examination. The following is a detailed explanation of the CUET UG 2022 Physics exam pattern.
CUET UG Physics Exam Pattern (Section 1)
Students can appear for the CUET 2022 Physics examination in any of the 13 languages: Kannada, Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Malayalam, Assamese, Bengali, Punjabi, English and Odia. The highlights of the Section 1A examination are as follows:
- Students have to attempt 40 questions out of 50.
- The authority will provide 45 minutes to complete the first section.
- Basic questions will be asked from the reading comprehension segment. The comprehension can be narrative, factual or literary. Students have to read the passage, attempt 40 questions, and get correct answers to pass this section.
- The authorities will provide five to eight 400-500 word passages. Students need to speed up their reading skills to answer all the questions.
- Section 1B is for candidates wishing to appear for the examination in other languages, such as Italian, Konkani, Kashmiri, French, Spanish, Bodo, German, Nepali, Dogri, Italian, Manipuri, Santhali, Arabic, Sindhi, Tibetan, Russian, Japanese, Chinese or Sanskrit.
- Section 1A and 1B will comprise vocabulary, comprehension, and grammar questions.
CUET UG Physics 2022 Exam Pattern (Section 2)
The following are the highlights of the CUET Physics 2022 exam pattern (Section 2):
- Candidates have to answer 40 out of 50 questions.
- The exam duration will be 45 minutes.
- Objective-type questions will appear in this section.
- There will be no negative marking for Section 2.
- Input tests might be used for objective questions. Students might have to answer some questions via typing on the keyboard. This section will not have options, and students have to answer the questions based on their preparation.
CUET UG 2022 Physics Exam Pattern (Section 3)
Section 3, or the general test section, is mandatory for admission into the top central universities. Questions will be asked from the following areas:
- Current affairs
- General knowledge
- Numerical ability
- General mental ability
- Quantitative reasoning
- Logical and analytical reasoning
- Mensuration, Geometry, Statistics
Students must study the NCERT solutions as multiple-choice questions will appear from the NCERT, and there will be negative marking for the wrong answers in this section. The authority will provide one mark for every correct answer, subtract 0.25 points for the incorrect answer, and give zero for unanswered questions.
CUET PG 2022 Physics Exam Pattern
The highlights of the CUET PG 2022 Physics exam pattern are as follows:
- The first section will comprise 25 questions on verbal ability or language comprehension.
- The second question will have 75 questions based on the undergraduate Physics syllabus.
- All the questions in both sections will carry four marks each.
- One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Zero marks will be provided for the unanswered questions.
1. What are the best ways to prepare for the CUET 2022 Physics examination?
The best ways to prepare for the CUET 2022 Physics examination are:
1. Get familiar with the examination format. Understand the marking scheme, marks distribution, number of questions and the exam structure.
2. Know the Physics syllabus and make a study plan to prepare the topics.
3. Follow the study plan, and after completing each topic, solve the previous year’s question papers.
4. Check your performance and work on the mistakes to improve it.
5. Sit for mock tests and evaluate your scores.
2. I want to appear for the CUET 2022 Physics examination. Is the CUET 2022 Physics examination challenging to crack?
No, the CUET 2022 Physics examination is not a complex examination to crack. You need to have a good grasp of the concepts and general and native knowledge to crack the CUET 2022 Physics examination with good marks. Solve the questions in the NCERT and regular textbooks to get well-versed with the topics and understand your CUET preparation. The linguistic and quantitative abilities will develop as you keep solving the questions.
3. How can I get good marks in the CUET 2022 Physics examination general test section?
Getting good marks in the CUET 2022 Physics examination general test section is not difficult if the right strategy is followed. Implement the following tips to meet the CUET cutoff and get brilliant scores in the Physics examination.
1. Read current affairs from newspapers every day.
2. Take multiple mock tests to analyse your CUET preparation.
3. Solve the objective questions in the NCERT for adequate preparation.
4. Take online quizzes to evaluate your general awareness.
5. Make notes of the current affairs to revise before the examination.
4. Is it possible to complete the CUET 2022 Physics syllabus in two months?
Yes, it is possible to complete the CUET 2022 Physics syllabus in two months. Students must divide the CUET 2022 syllabus based on the remaining time and make a timetable accordingly. Follow the schedule every day to keep up with the preparation. Study the NCERT books as most questions appear from these in the CUET 2022 Physics examination. Students should solve the previous year’s question paper to clarify the Physics important concepts and stay prepared for common questions likely to come in the examination.
5. How many times can I sit for the CUET Physics examination?
According to the commission’s decision, you can appear once for the CUET Physics examination. You must work hard and aim to crack the test on the first attempt. But if you fail to meet the CUET eligibility criteria or don’t pass the test, you have to wait for the CUET registration process next year. The committee might offer more chances to appear for the CUET examination in the upcoming years.
6. Will multiple-choice questions be asked in the CUET 2022 Physics examination?
Yes, the CUET 2022 Physics question paper will have multiple-choice questions. You have to select the correct answer from the option given. For every correct answer, the candidate will get one mark, and for wrong answers, 0.25 will be subtracted from the total score. No marks will be awarded for the unanswered questions. To crack the CUET 2022 Physics examination, students must aim to answer the questions they are confident about and leave the uncertain questions to avoid mark deductions.
To summarise, the CUET 2022 exam pattern has three sections for the under graduation and two sections for the post-graduation course. Students should pass and secure good marks in all the sections to get admission into their desired institution. The CUET 2022 Physics syllabus has ten units comprising topics from the 12th syllabus. Since the issues are similar to the 12th curriculum, students can start preparing for the CUET 2022 Physics examination from plus two’s and master the key concepts in advance. Early CUET preparation will give students sufficient time to revise the study material.