“Neither time nor tide waits for anyone.”
CBSE class 10 term 2 exams for the academic year 2021-22 will start at the end of this month! Are all of the students in class 10 excited or nervous? They must be both. In the meantime, each class 10 student is preoccupied with practicing and studying their coursework. However, most students are struggling with how to make the most of each moment of this time.
One of the most important skills for class 10 students is time management. Many students struggle to find enough time to complete their revisions or studying. As a result, they may feel burdened, confused, and stressed. They can, however, study effectively for their CBSE class 10 term 2 examinations if they manage their time properly. This article will discuss how learning effective time management skills can help CBSE class 10 students succeed in their future academic careers. Use NCERT Solutions For Class 10 for effective preparation.
The ability to use time efficiently is referred to as time management. Whether a student, entrepreneur, office worker, serviceman, or anyone else, it is important to effectively use one’s own time. The first step to success is effective time management.
|Table of Contents|
|What is Time Management?|
|CBSE Class 10 Term 2: Time Management Tips|
|Frequently Asked Questions on Time Management Tips for CBSE Term 2 Class 10 students|
What is Time Management?
Students’ time management abilities are becoming increasingly vital in today’s fast-paced world. But the question is, what exactly is time management? The answer to this question can be discussed as follows: “It is the process of managing one’s time by making the most of one’s daily activities. It is the capacity to make the best use of each hour. Time management allows students to do their work on time, but it also takes out time.”
When students understand how to manage their time properly, they will be able to work smarter. It will assist students in effectively planning and organizing their time for assignments, revision, group studies, and extracurricular activities.
Proper time management skills can help mold young minds into a sense of accountability and disciplined behaviour.
CBSE Class 10 Term 2: Time Management Tips
With CBSE examinations knocking on the doors, students must adopt effective time management techniques to complete their curriculum and finish their practising with some time spare for revision. Time management is essential for CBSE class 10 exams. Here are some time management techniques to help students ace their class 10 term 2 exams with zero stress levels!
Make a Daily Schedule
Most students study early to prepare for their CBSE class 10 board exams. But this is not required if they plan their daily schedule and stick to it “intensely.” Students can begin by making a one-week schedule. In this daily plan, one should include the topics and units of each subject that they wish to cover on a given day and time slots and breaks.
Students must allocate time for each subject depending on their efficiency level. Devoting extra time to topics or disciplines that are quite challenging will help students excel in their board exams. As a result, students must allot time to each subject wisely.
Determine Productive Hours
Some students are seen studying best during the day, while others prefer to study late at night. Therefore students need to determine their best productive hours. Schedule the high weightage chapters and important key topics in their most productive hours based on one’s abilities.
But this does not need to sacrifice their diet, sleep pattern, or free time while studying for their CBSE class 10 term 2 exams. It will harm health, but it will also harm learning and data processing skills, resulting in increased preparation time. So, students must make sure they have enough time in their study plan to accommodate all of these other essential activities.
Work on Writing Speed
Enhancing the writing speed is one of the most important time management skills that each student must practice before appearing for the exams. Despite being well-prepared, many students struggle to complete their papers on time, and the most common reason behind this is a lack of writing practice.
Therefore, students should solve as many sample papers before going to the examination hall to develop speedy writing skills. Practising on CBSE sample papers will increase their speed, but it will also help them adjust to a high-pressure, time-constrained situation. It will also improve handwriting, which is necessary for keeping the answer sheet clean and tidy. Students must always remember that the examiner’s first impression is always based on the handwriting on the answer sheet! Revise NCERT Solutions For Class 10.
Distractions are everywhere, especially on electronic devices. Students must remove all types of distraction devices such as cell phones and turn off social media notifications while studying for their exams. Eliminating all these electronics will help students remain more focused and attentive to their studies.
Use reading time effectively
Students must use the 15 minutes reading time wisely to go through and comprehend the questions and determine which they will be attempting first. They must determine the order in which they want to answer the questions. It is generally advised to begin with the easiest and shortest ones as they can make students feel confident, and they can quickly wrap them up.
Good time management allows students to complete more of their work in less time. All class 10 students must effectively use these efficient time management skills to minimize unnecessary stress in their CBSE board exams. It can also create a sense of accomplishment after achieving the goals.
Using these skills in preparation and examination hall allows students to complete their revisions and papers on time, boosting their confidence. So students must gear up themselves and work smartly for their class 10 term 2 examinations. All the best!
1. How can I effectively manage time for the online class 10 term 2 studies?
Covid-19 has confined students to their homes, making it difficult to monitor their studies, homework, and assignments regularly. Pre pandemic students had a definite location for their studies and time for their school/college hours. Post Covid-19 students are engaged in online lessons, which have significantly reduced their attentiveness and caused them to fall behind. Students must use the NCERT Solutions For Class 10 for better preparation.
Here are a few pointers to assist students in organising their time for online learning.
- Students must plan their daily studies and other responsibilities and tasks.
- Students must select a room in their home having ample sunlight for their online classes and studies.
- Creating a schedule for studies, tasks, and chapters can help students prioritise things that should be accomplished first.
- Putting the required time can assist students in allocating and completing their daily activities on time. It will also assist them in determining how much time they spend on certain assignments.
- While studying, devote this time solely to the studies. Make an effort not to be sidetracked by social sites or friends.
- Taking short breaks and rewarding oneself at regular intervals is a good strategy for effective time management. It will assist students to mind in remaining focus and enhance productivity.
2. I am a class 10 student; how should I manage my time wisely for the term 2 exams?
Time management is critical for students to balance their education with other daily vital tasks. Good time management strengthens the memory and gives students more energy to accomplish their tasks. As a result, students must begin focusing on improved time management. If students have no idea where to begin with, this! Here are some time management suggestions for students that they will find useful:
- Make a daily plan or schedule that includes all the learnings that students must complete.
- Students must begin their day early for more focused and attentive preparation.
- Divide all the activities effectively.
- Taking a 5-minute break between studies or tasks can refresh students’ minds.
- Students must avoid unnecessary stress and keep their minds calm and composed to learn the concepts better.
- Rather than multitasking, focusing on one subject at a time is a better option.
- Take at least 7 hours of sleep for better functioning of the brain.
- Complete the studies with full concentration.
- Students must consume nutritious foods instead of packed junk food to keep the brain more alert.
- When studying, minimise distractions (such as TV and mobile devices).
3. What do previous years’ class 10 toppers follow the effective time management tips?
Proper time management enables students to achieve more in less time, thereby minimizing their stress level and helping them accomplish their daily tasks on time. Students can cross tasks off their to-do list, ultimately boosting their confidence levels. There are several ways for students to enhance their time management skills.
Here are some hit and trial tips recommended by previous years’ class 10 toppers for students preparing for the class 10 term 2 exams.
- Continuous studying for long hours can cause fatigue and tiredness among students. Resulting in low concentration levels and a lack of proper understanding of the concepts. Thus students must take regular intervals between their study timetables to ensure learning with fresh minds.
- Record how much time one has spent on each learning activity. It will show students areas where they can better use their time.
- Students must prepare a checklist of everything they need to complete, as writing it down can help students remember and prioritise activities.
- Students must follow people who inspire them. It can be the subject’s teacher, parents, peer group members, or anyone. Talking to such people can motivate them to work with more dedication and hard work.
- Avoid taking unnecessary stress before exam days and revise all important topics daily.
4. Why is it important for CBSE class 10 students manage their time judiciously?
Each student has a fixed amount of time for their preparation, and everyone wants to utilize the most of it. So here are some more reasons why time management is important for CBSE class 10 students:
- Students will be more effective if they manage their time properly. Instead of multitasking, students must concentrate on one thing at a time for a set time.
- With the help of effective time management, students can focus on units with high weightage. They will be better able to schedule their time to work on important assignments and topics on a priority basis. Thus completing with syllabus ahead of time.
- Time management makes it easier to manage activities. They’ll know what has to be done and how much time they have to finish each work. It reduces their overall worry and tension because they have adequate time to complete their tasks.
- With proper time management, students can complete their work on time by managing their time wisely. It instilled a sense of confidence and achievement in students. Thus encouraging them to study more effectively for future exams.
5. How can I prepare for CBSE class 10 term 2 exams in a month?
The CBSE class 10 2022 term 2 exams will begin on April 26! All class 10 students must be equally stressed and excited for their board exams. Here are some simple strategies for speedy preparation offered by subject experts.
- Students should be competent in time management skills.
- Examine all NCERT textbooks thoroughly, as most of the CBSE class 10 previous years’ questions come directly and indirectly from NCERT textbooks. Use the NCERT Solutions For Class 10.
- While practising for board exams, students should not forget to take short breaks.
- Rather than sticking to one subject for a long time, it’s better to switch between different subjects for effective learning.
- Prepare following the most recent CBSE class 10 term 2 exam pattern.
- Solve the latest CBSE sample papers, mock tests, and previous question papers to revise the concepts better.
- Get sufficient sleep at night.