Are you looking for MBBS after completing Class 12? Are you confused about when you should start your NEET preparations? Do not worry! This article is definitely for you. Read this article till the end to get answers to your queries.
Each year, thousands of students passing out of class 12 write the medical entrance test in India. But there are a few aspirants who would be able to crack the NEET exam on their first attempt. Although there are no restrictions on class and age for students with the preparations for the NEET exam, experts advised that the best time to begin the preparations for the NEET exam is when the aspirants enter Class 11.
The NEET syllabus includes the topics of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from Class 11 and Class 12. However, as the aspirants are not clear about the concepts and requirements for the NEET preparations, this task would become profuse for them. To help those aspirants, this article will prove to be the best guide for them.
|Table of Contents|
|Best Strategic Plan For The NEET Exam For Class 11 Aspirants|
|Aware Yourself From The Latest NEET Syllabus|
|Develop A Schedule Plan For Your Regular Study|
|Choose The Best Study Material|
|Notes Are Important For The NEET Preparation|
|Practising Questions Is A Must|
|Stay Healthy And Positive|
|Some Best Study Tips For Class 11 Students To Start NEET Preparations|
As you have started your journey to Class 11 and plan to crack the NEET exam after Class 12, you have ample time to refine your preparation strategies and must leave no stone unturned in the process. Although preparing for NEET from Class 11 proves to be a great boon for Class 12, aspirants have the additional pressure to perform well in the board examination.
You need to draw a well-planned strategy added up with immense hard work to crack one of the most difficult exams in India. Here are the best strategic plan and preparation tips for Class 11 students who want to attempt the NEET exam in the future.
Best Strategic Plan For The NEET Exam For Class 11 Aspirants
To get into the best medical college in India, you have to start your preparation as soon as possible. For this, you need the best preparation strategy. It is one of the best strategies to start preparations for the NEET exam from Class 11. You need to follow the following steps:
Aware Yourself From The Latest NEET Syllabus
Knowing the NEET syllabus of the exam is the first step toward the success of preparations. It would help if you acquainted yourself with the topics covered in the syllabus. NEET exam contains three subjects’ syllabus: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. You need to know about all these.
Most of the topics for the NEET exam are common to the Class 11 and Class 12 board exam. It would help if you focused on those common topics. Keep your preparation in proper sequence as each chapter is interrelated, so maintaining proper sequence is necessary. You can consult with your peers and teachers for guidance.
Develop A Schedule Plan For Your Regular Study
Make a timetable. And allot enough time to prepare Physics, Chemistry, and Biology topics. The timetable should be according to your study pattern. Check whether you are a daytime or night-time learner and prepare a timetable accordingly.
Include small breaks, playtime, exercise time, and revision time in your timetable. Instead of long hours of continuous study time, make a small duration of study time in your timetable.
Choose The Best Study Material
It is difficult to crack the NEET exam without the best study material. Choosing the best books with the best concepts for NEET entrance preparation is necessary. There’s no doubt that NCERT books are the best material for preparing for the NEET exam. But, to crack it, you also have to consult some other books.
Reference books provide you with topic-wise explanations with practice questions. Some best reference books for Class 11 students are
- Objective Physics Vol. 1 by Arihant Publication
- Objective Chemistry Vol. 1 by Arihant Publication
- A to Z Biology for NEET Class 11 by Cengage
Notes Are Important For The NEET Preparation
Make notes of each topic and remember to include important topics. Try to make them in keyword format and add mnemonics to them. Notes preparation helps you understand the topics more deeply and clears your doubts.
Notes help you learn your strong points and weak points in different topics. And then you can work accordingly. As you have ample time for preparing for the NEET exam, focus more on your weaknesses and work on them more.
Practising Questions is A Must
Practice is the most crucial step in any preparation. If you practice the prepared topics regularly, the topics and concepts will be at your fingertips. And as the saying goes, ‘Practice makes a man perfect!‘ So it would help if you practised the topics by solving questions as much as possible.
Solving sample papers is the best step to analysing your preparations. You can get a clear idea about the NEET exam pattern by solving previous years’ papers. And you will be able to monitor your performance.
Stay Healthy And Positive
It is obvious to have stress while preparing for the NEET exam. But it is also necessary to get rid of this stress, as it will bring negativity towards you. If you learn to plan your time effectively, you will successfully maintain a balance between your school exams and NEET preparation. You need to eat healthy food and have a night of proper sleep during this journey.
Some Best Study Tips For Class 11 Students To Start NEET Preparations
Apart from planning strategies for the NEET preparations, knowing some best study tips is necessary. It will help you prepare for the NEET exam in a stepwise manner. Some study tips that will be useful for you are given below:
- Print the updated syllabus of the NEET exam and check it timely till the exam.
- Select the best books and all study material required for the NEET preparations.
- Identify what time suits you to study and make a schedule chart accordingly.
- Remove all unnecessary distractions like playing video games, using social media apps, etc., and make a habit of studying strictly every day at the same time with full concentration.
- Understand all the concepts well, practice problems, and discuss your doubts with your teachers.
- Make notes from the start of your NEET preparations and revise them regularly.
- Do homework and assignments for school studies in a timely manner and do not get a backlog.
- Revise the topics you are studying daily and memorise them.
- Analyse your tests timely and note down your mistakes. And try to overcome them.
- Stay positive, disciplined, and consistent with your studies. And follow your timetable strictly.
- Keep your body and mind healthy. Take small breaks between your studies to freshen up your mind.
If you want to start your journey as a NEET aspirant, Class 11 is ideal. The basics taught in the previous years are still fresh, and the mind is ready for a new beginning.
For cracking any national-level entrance exam, it is necessary to design a well-planned strategy and follow it with immense hard work. You have to understand that the outcome after 2-3 months of preparations can never be comparable to the outcome of 2 years of meticulous preparations.
We believe that if you are in Class 11 and have started your preparations for NEET or other medical exams, then the tips mentioned above will surely help you get a good rank and secure a seat in your favourite medical institute.
1. I want to know about the Class 11 Chemistry chapters included in the NEET exam?
The Class 11 Chemistry chapters included in the NEEt exam are given below:
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry: Basic Principles & Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
2. I’m a Class 11 student. What steps should I take to prepare for NEET?
You have to follow the steps below for the NEET preparations:
- Update yourself with the latest NEET exam syllabus.
- Prepare notes of each topic, including important points.
- Make a schedule plan. Give equal time to all three subjects, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, daily for preparations.
- Revise your notes regularly.
- Study NCERT books thoroughly and do not leave any single term, diagram, activity, or example.
- Solve all the exercises and questions related to the topic you have studied, and in the last, move towards topic-wise mock papers.
- Take proper healthy meals and sleep for a healthy body. And stay away from negativity.
3. While preparing for the NEET exam, what things should I have to remember not to do?
There are so many things that experts and toppers advise you to do and don’t while preparing for the competitive exams. The things that you should remember not to do while preparing for the NEET exam are given below:
- Do not waste your time performing silly activities.
- Do not leave chapters after studying them. It would be best if you analysed how much you gain from them. So, after the completion of chapters, perform chapter-wise exercises or module tests.
- Do not move to full-length papers for analysing your preparations directly. Move step by step. First, analyse yourself with chapter-wise mini-tests. Then move towards half syllabus tests and then go through full-length tests.
- Do not neglect to solve online NEET mock tests. They will help you with your time management skills and speed and accuracy to perform exams.
- Last but most important, do not neglect NCERT books. Read them line by line thoroughly.
4. What are the important topics of Class 11 Physics, Chemistry, and Biology that need to be prepared for the NEET exam?
The important topics of Class 11 Physics, Chemistry, and Biology for the NEET exam are given below:
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Oscillations and Waves
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Mole Concept
- Chemical Bonding
- States of matter
- Hydrogen and S-block
- Organic and Hydrocarbons
- Diversity in the Living World
- Cell Cycle
- Cell Division
- Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals
- Human Physiology
5. What timetable should I follow for self-study for the NEET preparations?
There is no such best timetable to be followed. Generally, students plan to follow the timetable strictly, but later on, they start to neglect it due to laziness. But for self-study, you need to have strong willpower. The ideal timetable that you can follow is as below:
|4:00 – 4:05 am||Wake up|
|4:10 – 4:30 am||Morning walk, yoga, or another physical exercise|
|4:30 – 4:45 am||Fresh up and bath|
|4:45 – 5:00 am||Breakfast|
|5:00 – 7:00 am||Study for the NEET exam|
|7:00 am – 2:00 pm||School timing|
|2:00 – 2:30 pm||Returning from school and having lunch|
|2:30 – 3:00 pm||Break time (you can watch T.V. or play with a mobile)|
|3:00 – 7:00 pm||Preparation time for the NEET exam|
|7:00 – 8:00 pm||Dinner time and have some break|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm||Complete your schoolwork|
|9:30 – 10:00 pm||Take a break and relax walk|
6. I’m in Class 11 and want to attempt the NEET exam after Class 12. What are the best books for NEET preparation?
Class 11 is the ideal class for starting the NEET preparations. You have to understand first that before moving to any reference books, study the NCERT books of Class 11 and Class 12 thoroughly, as most of the exam questions are included in the NCERT syllabus. Some other books are given below: