The official notification for the BITSAT exam has been released. BITS Pilani will be conducting Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) 2019 from May 16 to May 26. The online BITSAT application form has been released on January 4, 2019. Candidates can download BITSAT admit card 2019 from April 12 onwards.
Conducted every year, BITSAT is an online computer-based test (CBT) that is held to shortlist aspirants for admission at BITS campuses located at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. BITS offer admission to interested candidates in its integrated First-degree programmes including BE, Pharma, and MSc Programmes. It is a three-hour long exam comprising of 150 multiple choice questions. Each section of BITSAT Exam has questions from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English proficiency and Logical Reasoning.
Candidates can fill in the application form till March 20, 2019 after considering the following things:
- Intermediate graduates (10+2) with aggregate 75% marks in PCB/PCM are eligible to apply.
- It has 4 sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English & Logical Reasoning.
- The result will be intimated in July 2019 along with the cut off released by the BITS authorities.
- BITSAT 2019 cut off will be the qualifying criteria to proceed further with the admission process.
Highlights of BITSAT 2019 Exam
|Exam Name||BITS Pilani|
|Conducting Body||Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes (3 hours)|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to first degree programmes at BITS-Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad|
|Seats Offered||2000 seats in total|
BITSAT Important Dates
|Registration Dates||January 4 to March 20, 2019|
|Exam Date||May 16 to May 26, 2019|
Why Appear for BITSAT 2019
On the basis of an aspirant’s BITSAT result 2019, he/she can secure admission in courses offered at the BITS Campuses located at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai. Some of the reasons due to which candidates should be encouraged to appear for the BITSAT Exam are as mentioned below:
- In case of scoring less in JEE Main, BITSAT acts as another option. It is an entry point through which one can get into the best institutes in India
- Aspirants can select their own preferred course combinations
- All the colleges of BITS have a good infrastructure, faculty and industry exposure
- Toppers of the state Boards are offered direct admission
- The salary and placements offered at BITS is best
Therefore, all those candidates who are not able to secure a good rank in JEE Main can opt to pursue an engineering degree in one of the renowned colleges in India by clearing the BITSAT exam.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Schedule
Here is a tentative schedule of the exam:
|Availability of BITSAT Application Form||January 04, 2019 to March 20, 2019|
|Application Form Correction||March 22 to 25, 2019|
|Allotment of Test Centres||March 27, 2019|
|Slot Booking Dates||March 28 to April 08, 2019|
|Issue of BITSAT Admit Card||April 12, 2019 to May 13, 2019|
|BITSAT 2019 Exam date||May 16 to 26, 2019|
|Apply for admissions with 12th marks and preferences||May 16, 2019 to June 18, 2019|
Eligibility for BITSAT
The basic eligibility to appear for BITSAT 2019 is to secure a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects of class 12.
Find below the course wise eligibility details:
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Hons), M.Sc. (Hons) and M.Sc (Tech.) Programs
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.
- Candidates must secure the minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Pharm (Hons.) Programs
- Students must have successfully passed class 12th examinations with minimum 75% aggregate marks.
- They must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects in Class 12th.
BITSAT 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates can download admit card from April 12, 2019.
- The hall ticket can be downloaded from the official website.
- The hall ticket will include: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, centre details, date & time of the exam, test slot and exam instructions.
- Use BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy in the Admit Card, the candidate needs to report to the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with the updated information.
Syllabus for BITSAT 2019
There is not much change in the BITSAT syllabus. Aspirants must go through their class 11 and 12 syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Here is the distribution of questions in the exam:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
In addition, it is very important to practice BITSAT Sample papers. These mock tests are set on the pattern followed by BITSAT 2019. Candidates can attempt these tests to analyze their performance. Also, all those students who will attempt 150 questions before the competition of 3 hours will get 12 more questions to score more from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
Documents to carry for the final Exam
Candidates appearing for the exam must read the instructions carefully and carry the following documents in order to avoid last minute chaos:
- Admit card is a mandatory document without which the aspirants will not be allowed to enter the exam hall & appear for the exam.
- Carry any of the authorized original photo ID such as your PAN Card./ Driving License/Passport/Aadhaar Card etc.
- Candidates will have to carry one passport size photograph.
- Make sure to reach the test centre before the reporting time.
- Do not carry any other printed material in the exam hall except your admit card.
- Aspirants are not allowed to carry any electronic device such as mobile phones, calculators, spy cameras etc inside the exam hall.
Thus, on a concluding note, it is the dream of every student to secure a good rank and get into the best college. This requires complete dedication and hard work. Aakash Institute provides experienced faculty who can increase your love for learning.
Author: Kriti Kohli
Kriti is an active blogger with decent experience in the education industry. She researches on various topics related to education & various other competitive exams and pens down her research in the form of articles & blogs. She performs extensive research, adds several crucial information, inputs and statistics in her write-ups. When she is not writing, she loves wandering around the hills, as exploring nature excites her the most.