The JEE Main 2023 is considered one of India’s most popular and difficult competitive entrance exams for engineering students. More than 10 lakh candidates register for the JEE Main Exams, hoping to get admission to the country’s top engineering institutes. The competition is so high that less than a thousand students qualify for admission to India’s leading engineering universities out of the lakhs.
The subjects included in JEE Mains are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Among these three subjects, the Mathematics paper is the most difficult. As various topics are covered, JEE Mathematics is believed to have a comprehensive syllabus. Moreover, the Mathematics syllabus for JEE Main, Advanced, and board exams is different. Students are suggested to refer to the JEE Advanced Maths Syllabus for details.
As a result, aspirants find it challenging to manage the subject. To overcome the problem, aspirants are suggested to practice the previous year’s Maths questions and attempt the mock test regularly after completing a topic for self-evaluation. Students are suggested to refer to JEE Main Mock Tests.
Are you one of those aspirants who would like to prepare early for competitive exams like JEE Main 2023? You are recommended to Find Aakash Coaching Institute Near You.
Aakash coaching centre will provide you with the relevant study materials and links for mock exams, which will help you to prepare well.
JEE Main Maths Exam 2023: Attempt these Mock Tests to Evaluate Your Preparation
Preparation is incomplete without proper evaluation, and for this purpose, mock exams are conducted so that students can evaluate themselves by identifying their strengths and weaknesses. To keep a regular check on the progress of the level of preparation, aspirants are advised to sit for the mock tests after completing a particular chapter or section. Hence candidates should not ignore the JEE Mains mock test during their preparation.
To boost your JEE Score, you should take the following mock tests:
Some of the reasons that explain the importance of attempting mock tests have been listed below:
- To understand the difficulty level, candidates who attempt the JEE Main Maths mock exams can easily form an idea about the pattern of questions. Attempting the mock tests enables the candidates to evaluate the difficulty level of the questions. The difficulty level varies from moderate to high, and the candidate can easily perform well if the candidate takes the mock exams seriously.
- To Understand the Questions’ Weightage– The notification for mock tests has already been released. Interested candidates can check the marking scheme from the question paper and form their preparation strategy accordingly. Candidates may find that some questions carry more weight than other questions in a particular year. Hence they will form their study plan so that more focus is given to the important questions.
- To Reduce the Fear and Nervousness of the Students– It has been observed that candidates feel nervous and anxious before appearing in the JEE Mains Maths examination. Students feel nervous because they are not aware of their strengths and weaknesses. To evaluate themselves, they should attempt the mock exams conducted by the National Testing Agency. This approach will allow them to analyse their strong and weak points and adopt strategies for improvement. Self-evaluation will boost the confidence of the students and will make them feel less anxious before the exam. Students will lose inhibitions and gain the willpower to appear in the JEE Mains exam.
- To Check the Speed– The mock tests for JEE Mains Maths and other subjects will be conducted online for the benefit of the candidates. There will be an automatic timer on the page, and the timer will turn on when the candidates log in for the mock test. The candidates will be able to track their speed through the timer and adopt measures for improving speed. Candidates will be able to keep a check on the amount of time required to complete a particular section and accordingly practise more to increase their speed and accuracy.
- Online Practise– Since the JEE Mains 2023 exam will be computer-based, candidates who are not technically equipped may face difficulties handling computers. Candidates are advised to appear in the online mock tests for practice to overcome this problem. Attempting the online mock tests will help them become familiar with the computer-based exams. Therefore, the candidates will not get nervous or anxious during the main exam.
- To Understand the Pattern of the JEE Main Maths Question Paper– Candidates cannot form an idea about the pattern of the question paper until they attempt the mock exams after completing a topic or a section of the syllabus. Students get more clarity about the syllabus and the structure of the paper after giving the mock tests. Mock tests help the students to focus on the areas which need more practice and improvements, like Calculus and derivations. Students can adjust their study plans accordingly and practise the difficult topics more before the main exam.
- To Understand the Type of Questions– The type of questions asked in the JEE Mains exam can be analytical or calculative. Attempting mock exams will help the students to gain a clear idea about the type of questions that will be asked in the exam.
- To Focus on Some Particular Topics– The syllabus for JEE Mains is vast, and the candidate cannot score well if the candidate has to focus on all the topics. During the mock test, the candidate will know which topics or chapters are more important and have a high chance of coming to the JEE Mains entrance exam. The candidate can then form a study plan to understand those topics in-depth compared to the other topics.
- Time Management Skills– Time management is very important for a JEE aspirant. The aspirants have to ensure that they do not take a lot of time to finish one section of the question paper. If the candidate takes too much time to complete one section or a particular question, less time will be left for the other sections. Initially, the student may face problems in completing the mock tests, but after constantly attempting the mock tests, the students will gain confidence and will be able to complete the test on time. The candidate will become well-equipped and manage to complete the question paper on time without any failure.
- To Improve Efficiency– Regularly attempting mock tests will boost the candidates’ confidence and make them more efficient. The possibility of committing silly mistakes will also be reduced, and the candidates will be able to do the calculations efficiently without any errors. The candidates will not be allowed to use a calculator to perform the JEE Mains exam calculations. As a result, they have to improve their calculations’ speed and accuracy level.
- To Assess One’s Ability– The mock exams will help the students to judge their capability. Students can put in more effort if they are not fully satisfied with their performance. This kind of approach will help the students to improve their preparation process and perform well in the JEE Mains exam. Candidates will also be able to get a reality check of their preparation status by attempting the mock tests.
1. How should the students prepare for the JEE Mains 2023 Exam from class 10?
The syllabus of the class 10 board exam and JEE Mains are different from each other. Therefore it becomes difficult for the students to simultaneously concentrate on their class 12 board exam preparation and preparation for JEE Mains. Students are advised to construct a comprehensive timetable and divide their time equally between the class 10 syllabus and JEE Mains. However, students are suggested to reduce the time for JEE Mains preparation when the board exam approaches nearer. Students should not waste their precious time on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. However, this does not mean that students will have to study for long hours consistently. They can take short breaks between their study sessions to refresh their minds.
2. Can you suggest how class 12 students prepare for their board exams and JEE Mains?
A similarity is observed between the class 12 curriculum and JEE Mains syllabus. Because of this reason, class 12 students find it easier to prepare for the JEE Mains as they are already familiar with the primary concepts and formulas. Students learn to solve complicated problems based on these primary formulas during the JEE Mains preparation. The class 11 and 12 Science syllabus of CBSE covers the topics included in the JEE Mains. As a result, the science students can prepare for board exams and JEE Mains together without giving a drop after class 12 for preparation.
3. Are mock tests considered crucial for JEE Mains Maths Exam 2023?
Mock exams are considered the most significant preparation tool for JEE Mains 2023. A mock test helps the student understand and analyse the exam pattern correctly. Attempting mock exams weekly helps the students to improve their speed and accuracy. Students can also form a rough idea about the topics they have to focus on more. Students attempt mock exams to check their preparation level and recognise their mistakes.
4. When should the candidate sit for the mock tests?
Candidates are advised to attempt the mock tests after completing their preparation. Candidates should revise the topics at least thrice before attempting the mock tests. If the candidates sit for the mock exam without proper preparation, then they will not be able to judge their true capability. The links for the mock exams are available on online websites like Vedantu and Embibe.
5. What are the strategies or tricks to clear the JEE Mains Exam on the first attempt?
To clear the JEE Mains on the first attempt, students must go through the entire syllabus very carefully and prepare a study plan immediately. Students should try to divide the syllabus into small sections and allocate a certain amount of time or days for each section. This kind of approach will reduce the students’ burden and help them prepare well. Students should clear their doubts regularly from the experts and revise the topics repeatedly. Students should also solve previous year’s questions to acquire confidence. Most importantly, students should work smartly and not just study for long hours mechanically.
Check our visual story on These Tips Will Make Your JEE Mains Preparation Easier
The JEE Main Maths Exam is about understanding, remembering, and applying fundamental formulas. Thus, students must spend sufficient time developing their Maths Concepts. Students should be familiar with simple, fundamental formulas before moving on to more advanced ones. Otherwise, students will face difficulties in solving complicated mathematical problems. Enrolling in a good coaching program can help the aspirants prepare for JEE Main Exams. Students can get their doubts cleared by experts in online coaching classes. The JEE Main Exam preparation plan includes:
- A study timetable.
- Access to relevant study material.
- Practising mock tests.
- Answering previous year’s JEE Main papers.
The aspirants who can implement the preparation plan effectively will achieve success in the future.