AIIMS is one of the most coveted exams among medical aspirants. Conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, the exam helps students get admission to MBBS programmes offered by 9 AIIMS institutions in India. Students from all over the country apply for this national level exam to get admission in AIIMS institutes located in New Delhi, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Patna, Jodhpur, Guntur, Nagpur, Raipur & Bhubaneshwar. The registration process for AIIMS 2019, which is scheduled to be conducted on May 25 and May 26 will tentatively start in the first week of February 2018. To check all the details about AIIMS MBBS 2019, application process, important dates, syllabus and exam pattern, read the article below.
|Exam Name||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Entrance Exam 2019|
|Commonly Known as||AIIMS|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi|
|Seats available||800 for India Students
7 for Overseas Students
|Participating Institutes||9 AIIMS Institutes in New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh, Guntur and Nagpur|
|Minimum age limit||17 years of age as of December 31, 2019|
|Date of exam||May 25 and May 26, 2019|
AIIMS 2019 Important Dates
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi has announced the official dates of AIIMS 2019 exam. Though the complete exam schedule is yet to be announced by the exam conducted body, aspiring candidates can check this tentative AIIMS 2019 calendar. As the official exam calendar is announced, we will update it here.
AIIMS 2019 Schedule
|Basic registration starting date||30 November 2018|
|Last date for basic registration||3 January 2019|
|Status update (Accepted & Not Accepted) of Basic Registration||7 January 2019|
|Correction of deficiencies in Basic Registration||8 – 18 January 2019|
|Final status (Accepted & Rejected) of Basic Registration||22 January 2019|
|Prospectus upload||29 January 2019|
|Generation of Code for Final Registration||29 January – 17 February 2019|
|Final Registration||21 February – 12 March 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||15 May 2019|
|Exam Date||25 & 26 May 2019|
|Result Announcement date||12 June 2019|
AIIMS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Checking eligibility criteria for AIIMS is important before applying for any competitive exam. Because it’s not just about the wastage of money paid for the application form but also wastage of time and efforts. AIIMS 2019 application forms of the candidates who don’t meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected without any prior notice. So, in order to avoid such instances, it is better you carefully check the eligibility criteria and apply for the exam only when you meet every condition in terms of age, minimum passing marks etc.
AIIMS Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Candidate must be 17 years of age as on 31 December 2019
- Citizens of India, OCI & Foreign National candidates are eligible to apply for the exam
- Students who have passed class 12th, SSC examination, Intermediate Science (ISc) or any other equivalent examination can apply for the exam
- The pass percentage in 12th is 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects for students from Gen, OBC and OCI category
- Students from SC, ST, OPH categories and Foreign National candidates need to get a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects
AIIMS 2019 Application Process
AIIMS 2019 application process will start tentatively in the first week of February 2019. AIIMS 2019 application forms will be available online on the official website of AIIMS, New Delhi. The registration process will be done in two parts: basic registration and final registration. In basic registration, candidates need to fill only the basic details along with the latest photograph and scanned copy of the signature.
Candidates whose basic registration get accepted will only be allowed to proceed for the final registration that will start on February 21, 2019. At this stage, candidates need to provide the remaining details and pay AIIMS 2019 application fee.
AIIMS 2019 Application Process
AIIMS 2019 Basic Registration
- Visit the official website of AIIMS between from November 30, 2018, to January 03, 2019.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ tab.
- Fill all the details in the given form.
- Upload photograph and signature in the given size and format.
Only the candidates who get the final registration code can proceed with the further process. If you get the code,
- Visit the website and login with the credential created while filling the basic registration form.
- Fill personal, professional and academic details asked in the form.
- Pay AIIMS 2019 application fee through debit/credit card, net banking or bank challan.
- Submit the duly filled application form.
AIIMS 2019 Application Fee:
Candidates should carefully check the fees as it varies for applicants from different categories. Further, they should also check the payment options to ensure that the process goes well. AIIMS 2019 application fee can be paid online through Credit/Debit card or net banking.
AIIMS MBBS Application Fee 2019
|General and OBC (Both creamy and non-creamy layers)||Rs. 1500||As Applicable|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Rs. 800||As Applicable|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. 800||As Applicable|
AIIMS 2019 Exam Pattern
Having knowledge of exam pattern is essential to give your AIIMS 2019 preparation a right direction. AIIMS 2019 exam pattern will help you get an idea of the type of questions, total time, marking system, shifts and exam mode, among other details. As per AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam pattern, there will be 200 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany and Zoology), General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking. Check the table below for details of AIIMS 2019 exam pattern:
|Exam mode||Computer Based Test (CBT) in Online mode|
|Number of sessions||Four Sessions (Two sessions on each day)|
|Exam timings||Morning Session – 9.00 AM to 12.30 PM|
|Evening Session – 3.00 PM to 6.30 PM|
|Medium of exam||English and Hindi (Optional)|
|Total number of questions||200|
Questions in each section
Biology (Botany + Zoology): 60
General Knowledge: 10
Aptitude & Logical Thinking: 10
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice and reason-assertion based|
|Marking system||Total marks: 200
1 mark for each correct answer
– 1/3 (one-third negative) mark for each incorrect answer
AIIMS 2019 Syllabus
Majorly AIIMS 2019 syllabus covers topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking. Most of the syllabus of AIIMS MBBS is similar to that of NEET. So, the students preparing for NEET don’t need to make some extra efforts. The only difference between AIIMS and NEET 2019 syllabus is of two additional sections in the former exam. To prepare for PCB, candidates should go through NCERT books; for GK, students should stay updated with the current affairs and for Aptitude & Logical thinking, candidates should solve online practice tests regularly.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Important Topics – Physics
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Ray Optics
- Rotational Motion
- Semiconductors and Communication System
- Photoelectric Effect and Electromagnetic Waves
- Current Electricity
- Waves and Sound
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Magnetic Effects of Current
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Important Topics – Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Atomic Structure
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- Carbonyl Compounds (Aldehydes and Ketones)
- General Organic Chemistry
- p Block Elements
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- d and f Block Elements
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Important Topics – Biology
- Biological Classification
- Plant Kingdom
- Morphology of Flowering Plants
- Cell – The Unit of Life
- Digestion and Absorption
- Chemical Coordination and Integration
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Human Health and Disease
- Environmental Issues
AIIMS 2019 Preparation Tips
After going through the syllabus, the next step is to plan how to cover that syllabus in the available time. In addition to the regular coaching, students also need to follow a personal study plan to prepare for AIIMS 2019. Here are some AIIMS preparation tips to help you score well in the final exam:
- Make a realistic timetable and follow it to ensure that you cover all the sections of AIIMS 2019 syllabus.
- Revise regularly by going through the notes or by watching the recorded video lectures.
- Learn through different learning mediums if you are not able to understand the topics by just going through the printed study material.
- Regularly solve online practice tests to assess your progress and to get ready for the computer-based test.
- Choose the right study material as it has a huge impact on your final performance. If you think books are not enough for you, combine them with recorded video lectures and e-books for a better understanding of topics.
- Take care of your health. Make sure you eat healthy food and take proper sleep.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.
Author: Preeti Gupta
Preeti Gupta is a passionate writer and reader, who believes in the magic of words. Helping students in their competitive exam preparation through informative blogs gives her happiness. In her free time, she loves traveling.