Before getting into “Why should students take the CUET NTA 2022 exam?” It is critical first to grasp what NTA and CUCET are. The Ministry of Education (Moe) and the Government of India (GOI) together formed a self-governing, self-sufficient, and self-sustaining nation’s leading testing organisation, the National Testing Agency (NTA), under the Societies Registration Act (1860) for conducting efficient, unbiased, and global standards examinations to evaluate the basic competence of students for admissions to top-ranked institutions of higher learning.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been tasked with organising the Central University Entrance Test, CUET (also known as CUCET) for Post – graduation (PG) programmes in 2022.
The Central University Entrance Test (CUET) offers admission in various programmes of collaborating Central Universities, which provides students with a single-window opportunity to obtain admission to these participating or collaborating universities/ institute(s)/ colleges across the nation.
Why should you apply for the CUCET NTA 2022 exam?
The Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUET NTA 2022), administered by the National Testing Agency, is a common entrance examination for admissions to 45+ central and state universities or teaching institutes in India.
Before 2022, every central and state university had its own admissions system for UG and PG programmes. To unify this procedure, the Ministry Of Education (MOE) has introduced the CUET NTA 2022, which the National Testing Agency will administer as a standard exam for admissions to all of India’s central universities.
These are some of the essential reasons why students should apply for the CUET NTA 2022 exam:
Ensures Equal Opportunity for every student
Every student wants to be enrolled in their dream university. However, due to the enormous weightage of the 12th grade, not every student had an equal opportunity to apply to their chosen college. The cut-off system for Class 12th exams has only prioritized the marks achieved in Class 12th. With the CUET NTA 2022, each student now has a decent opportunity to do well in this standard entrance examination and gain admission to the top universities possible. Some colleges are concerned that this standard entrance examination (CUET NTA) will diminish the weightage and value of the Class 12th marking system. On the contrary, this is most likely not the case.
The CUET NTA participating colleges and universities require a minimum of 50% weightage of the CUET 2022 marks. As a result, central universities and colleges have yet to reveal the weightage they would give to Class 12th marks. In this way, both the Class 12th marks and the equity in the admissions procedure will be harmonized.
Puts an end to Personal Bias
When asked, “Why should students apply for the CUET NTA 2022 exam?” one strong answer is the elimination of subjectivity and personal biases. For example, imagine an SC category student who wishes to study B.Sc Chemistry, and he did well in Class 12th Chemistry, but he was denied admission to his desired university and course due to comparatively low grades in Biology and Physics. It demonstrates subjectivity and personal biases.
However, with the CUET NTA 2022 exam implementation, students can give the examination focusing on their core subject only, thereby reducing the weightage of the other Class 12th subjects. In this way, a student can now obtain a reasonable chance in their area of interest.
Transparency of Rank
It can be observed from previous entrance admittance systems that students had control over their ranks. For example, Delhi University (DU) does not provide ranks to the Class 12 students due to their merit-based admissions. It produced confusion among students, resulting in students moving from one college and campus to the other. With the CUET NTA 2022, students will no longer be in the dark regarding their ranks and the universities they will be enrolled in. The CUET NTA 2022 ranking system will give students a clear understanding of their preferences, allowing them to focus on getting into the specific college and campus without any difficulty or misunderstanding.
An End in Cut-off Competition!
With the introduction of the CUET NTA 2022 entrance examination, the universities’ popular cut-off method will end. The CUET 2022 has its dimensions and aspects for college admission, thereby eliminating the chaos of cut-off forever. Under CUCET 2022, each central university will now participate in a single standard entrance examination and accept admissions based on the CUET NTA 2022 merit and students’ Class 12 results weightage. The CUET NTA 2022 priorities students’ aspirations and provides them with a fair method for admission to their dream colleges and universities.
Ensures fair chances for each university.
One of the most remarkable answers to the question “Why should students apply for the CUET NTA 2022 exam?” is the equity provided to all central universities. So far, each university and college has had its system of undergraduate and postgraduate admission processes, which may or may not be equitable to each college’s standing. While some institutions used a cut-off mechanism, others used entrance examinations to determine admissions. Some universities benefited greatly from this approach, while others suffered greatly. Introducing the CUCET NTA 2022 standard entrance exam will reduce such discrepancies, and each university will have a genuine and fair opportunity to choose students.
Other Additional Benefits of applying to the CUET NTA 2022 Exam.
- With the CUET NTA 2022 examination, there will be only one standard entrance examination for all participating central and state universities or colleges; presently, there are 45+ universities and colleges under CUET NTA 2022 UGC has authorized.
- The CUCET NTA 2022 will provide no extra weightage to Class 12th results or scorecards for admission to top-ranked colleges.
- The CUET NTA exam syllabus will be based on the Class 12 NCERT syllabus. Thus students don’t need to study any additional study material for the examination.
- Students from other boards, such as ISC and Northeastern, will have equitable access to higher education under CUET NTA 2022, ensuring equality and fairness.
- The CUET NTA 2022 will be administered via online CBT mode. The exam lies on the principle of one syllabus – one examination.
- The examination will save students time and money by not taking several entrance examinations for individual colleges and universities.
- There will be no change in the degree of difficulty previously.
- Here students will have more options for courses, i.e., students can shift their educational career options; for example, applicants can change their streams from science to humanities or commerce fields based on their inclinations, opening up a myriad of choices.
- Students can use the CUET NTA 2022 score for direct admission to private colleges and universities.
- India’s top-ranked universities, such as JNU, DU, and BHU, will make admission decisions based on the CUET 2022 exam.
- Students who have scored low marks but have passed the Class 12th board examinations can also apply for the CUET NTA 2022 exam.
Watch: Last Minute Tips & Tricks for CUET 2022 | CUET Exam Taking Strategy | Aakash BYJU’S
1. What is CUET NTA 2022?
The CUCET NTA 2022 is a standard entrance examination expected to take place in July 2022. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued a notification for the Common University Entrance Test (UG)-2022 for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in both central and state universities for the academic year (session) 2022-23. The National Testing Agency will conduct CUET 2022 under the online CBT – Computer-Based Testing Mode. The online application process for the CUET NTA 2022 will be available from 2nd April to 30th April 2022 on the official site: CUET.
2. What should students apply for the CUET NTA 2022 exam?
Here are several reasons why students should apply for CUET NTA 2022 exams:
1. Before releasing the CUET NTA 2022 exam, each university held its entrance exam. As a result, students had to take multiple exams to gain admission to various universities.
2. Because of the many entrance examinations, the difficulty of the examinations varied due to different syllabi.
3. Most of the students didn’t know universities and colleges outside their home state.
4. Students were required to take multiple exams at the same time.
5. Filling out many entrance examination forms consumes time and effort for students and their parents. Also, adding the financial strain of various exam fees.
6. Some colleges used to publish a merit list based solely on Class 12th grades.
Thus, with the implementation of the CUCET NTA 2022 exams, the students can avoid all these barriers.
3. Who can apply and where to apply for CUET NTA 2022 exam?
All Class 12 students can apply for the CUET NTA 2022 exam, granting them admission to the best universities and colleges affiliated with 45 central universities. The National Testing Agency, NTA, has begun the CUET NTA 2022 registration procedure. Class 12 students can apply through the official website, cuet.Samarth.ac.in.
Stage1: Go to the official CUET NTA 2022 website, cuet.Samarth.ac.in.
Stage 2: On the website, click on the ‘CUET 2022 Registration’ option.
Stage 3: After clicking on the option, a new page will open on the screen.
Stage 4: Create an account and fill out the application form.
Stage 5: Upload the necessary documents and press the submit button.
Stage 6: Print a copy of the registration form for further use.
4. Explain the CUCET 2022 exam pattern.
CUET NTA 2022 will be a computer-based test (CBT) centred on the Class 12 NCERT textbooks. Incorrect answers will result in negative marks.
The CUET 2022 examination is divided into three sections: Section A (Language), Section B (Domain-specific test), and Section C (Optional general test for vocational/ cross-stream/ open eligibility).
1. Section A (Language): Students can choose any language from the 13 languages: Hindi, English, Marathi, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu, Kannada, Urdu, Malayalam, Assamese, Bengali, Odia, Punjabi.
2. Section B (domain-specific subjects): Students must select at least six domains from the 27 available to study at the undergraduate level.
3. Section C (vocational/cross-check/open eligibility): This supplementary section is divided into two subsections.
5. What are the eligibility guidelines for applying for the CUET NTA 2022 exam?
Students must apply for the CUET NTA 2022 exam online at the exam board’s official site. First, students need to create a new account by completing basic information such as their name, postcode, and mobile number. It will generate students’ unique username ID and password. After logging in with their registration details, students must complete the CUET NTA 2022 application form by adding all their academic and personal information, course and exam city preferences, and submit documents.
To be eligible for the CUET NTA 2022 exam, students must have passed Class 12 from a well-known institution in the Science stream to apply for admission to bachelor’s degree courses at central and state universities. General category students must have scored a minimum of 50 percent in their Class 12 examinations. In contrast, SC/ST must have a minimum of 45 percent to be eligible for the CUET NTA 2022 exam. Students applying for BTech programmes must have a minimum aggregate of 45 percent (in the case of general students) and 40 percent in the case of reserved category students.
With so many advantages for students applying for the CUET NTA 2022 examinations, all Class 12th students should pick up a pen and notebook and begin preparation for the examination to gain admission into their dream prestigious government colleges where they have an option to pursue the courses of their choice and passion. CUCET NTA 2022 applications have been started and will be made accessible for a limited period. Thus, all Class 12 students must get themselves registered soon. Check the CUET 2022 Application Form. Students must keep all their documentation handy, and don’t forget to apply. If students have any questions about the CUET NTA 2022 exam, they can visit the official site.