More than 11 lakh students appear for JEE Main every year. It is considered one of the most challenging competitive exams in the country. JEE Main is conducted before JEE Advanced as a preliminary screening of students for admission to the top engineering colleges of India. On clearing JEE Main, students qualify for JEE Advanced 2022. After clearing JEE Advanced, students can get admission to a reputable college of their choice, including IITs, NITs, and CFTIs.
JEE Main is just around the corner, and now the aspirants must get ready for this exam. Today, we will discuss the questions expected in JEE Main 2022 Physics. The students can go through our well-explained Physics Concepts section for polishing the core concepts. To excel in the JEE Main Exam, students need to be well prepared with all the topics. We are here with some expected sample questions for the Physics section. Let us dive deeper!
JEE 2022: A Crisp Discussion
JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is a national-level entrance exam for admissions to leading engineering colleges in India. By acquiring a good JEE Main score, a candidate can get a seat in prestigious engineering institutions like IIT, NIT, etc.
JEE Main 2022 will have two attempts. More than one attempts to offer opportunities to students to enhance their scores if they fail to gain good results in their first attempt.
As the JEE Main preparation requires dedication to gain exhaustive knowledge of the syllabus, we have curated high-quality JEE study resources for the aspirants. Candidates can study the JEE Main 2022 Important Chapters from our well-explained notes.
Will JEE 2022 be tougher or easier?
With the number of students competing for a few thousand seats in IITs and NITs each year, the testing authorities are forced to elevate the difficulty level of JEE. It is an approach for effective screening of the top candidates. The difficulty level is expected to be the same as the previous year. The candidates who will clear JEE Mains 2022 will be among the initial 2.5 lakh rank holders eligible for the JEE Advanced exam. Talking about the difficulty level, many students think that Chemistry might be somehow simple, but Mathematics and Physics can prove challenging and time-consuming.
|Fact of Matter
JEE Main 2022 is rescheduled by NTA and now the revised JEE Main exam dates are:
Session 1 will be conducted from June 20 to June 29, 2022.
Session 2 will be conducted from July 21 to July 30, 2022.
Candidates must check the JEE Main 2022 syllabus for their preparations.
Key topics for JEE Main 2022 Physics section
The candidates should gain a good understanding of all the topics under the JEE Mains Physics Syllabus. The Key study topics for JEE Main 2022 Physics section are:
- Laws of Motion
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents
- Modern physics
- Ray Optics
- Thermodynamics: Thermal stress and thermal strain
- Frequency, angular frequency, angular velocity, velocity gradient
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Magnetic flux
- Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves
- Amplitude Modulation
- Units, Dimensions, & Measurement
- Centre of Mass, Momentum and Collision
- Rotational Dynamics
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Experimental Skills
|Fact of Matter
Physics and Measurement, Dual Nature of Matter and radiation, Communication System
Gravitation and Kinetic Theory of Gases are a few topics that do not hold a considerable part in JEE Main. But, the candidates must be aware of basic concepts if the questions arise.
Looking to download the JEE Admit Card? Click and download the JEE Main 2022 Admit Card here. Let us move ahead toward the JEE physics section paper pattern.
Paper Pattern of Physics Section
The JEE Main 2022 Physics Section will have 100 marks, and 30 questions will be divided into two sections. Section A will comprise 20 MCQs, and Section B will comprise ten questions with numerical value answers. Out of these ten, the candidates need to attempt only five questions.
The candidates will get four marks for each correct answer. There will be a deduction of 1 mark for each incorrect answer. Notably, there will be no negative marking in the case of Non-MCQ questions.
Type of Questions in Physics Section
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Non-MCQs Numeric Value
- Formula Based Questions
- Questions Based on Facts or Laws
The students must be wondering what type of questions might be asked in the JEE Main Exam. Refer to some sample questions from different topics in the JEE Main 2022 Physics Syllabus.
- The electric charges q, q, and -2q are placed at the corners of an equilateral triangle ABC with side L. The magnitude of the electric dipole moment of the system is:
(a) qL (b) (√3)qL (c) 2qL (d) 4qL
- What is the corresponding wavelength band of a radio that can tune to any station in the 7.5 MHz to 12 MHz band?
(a) 40 m to 25 m (b) 25 m to 10 m
(c) 30 m to 25 m (d) 10 m to 5 m
- With an amplitude of 20 cm, a particle executes SHM in a time period of 12 sec. The minimum time required for it to move between two points 10 cm on either side of the mean position is:
(a) 15 s (b) 3s (c) 2s (d) 4s
- A soldier directs a laser beam on an enemy by reflecting it from a mirror. If the mirror is rotated by an angle of 9, by what angle will the reflected beam rotate?
(a) 0/2 (b) 0 (c) 20 (d) None of these
- The magnetic flux linked with a coil of N turns of the area of cross-section A held with its plane parallel to the field B is:
- The first excited state of a hydrogen atom is 10.2 eV above its ground state. What temperature is needed to excite hydrogen atoms to the first excited level –
(a) 7.88 x 10¹K
(b) 78.8 x 104 K
(c) 788 × 10-4 K
(d) 788 x 10–¹ K
- A projectile is thrown with a velocity u0 at an angle of 0 with the horizontal. The ratio of the rate of change of speed w.r.t. time at the highest point and that at the point of projection is:
(a) g sin 0 (b) Zero (c) g sin 01 (d) g
Check the JEE Advanced 2022 Syllabus.
- A boy pushed a block of ice of mass 40 Kg on a horizontal plane with a velocity of 5 M/s. Due to friction, it comes to rest after covering a distance of 25 metres. How much ice will melt?
(a) 0.10 gm (b) 100 gm (c) 1.48 gm (d) 1000 gm
- The value of universal gravitation constant G 6.67 × 10-11 N m² kg-2. The value of G in units of g–¹ cm3s-2 is:
(a) 6.67 x 10-7
(b) 6.67 x 10-8
(c) 6.67 x 10-9
(d) 6.67 x 10-10
- Two full turns of the circular scale of a screw gauge cover a distance of 1 mm on its main scale, and the total number of divisions on the circular scale is 50. Moreover, it is found that the screw gauge has a zero error of -0.03 mm. A student notes the main scale reading of 2 mm and the number of circular scale divisions in line with the main scale as 35 while measuring the diameter of a thin wire. Then, the diameter of the wire is:
(a) 2.67 mm (b) 2.38 mm (c) 2.32 mm (d) 2.73 mm
Analyze your preparation level by taking our JEE Main Mock Tests 2022.
Students are busy preparing for the JEE Main 2022, as the exams are now rescheduled for June and July. As JEE Main is one of the most difficult exams, the students need to put in their best efforts to score high. To support the students, we came up with specialised resources for the most productive preparation of students. Also, the students can seek JEE Main 2022 preparation tips from our experts. We hope this article on JEE 2022 proves helpful to you. All the best to all the aspiring candidates.
Get JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Pattern and Advance 2022 Preparation Tips at Aakash. Find Aakash Coaching Institute Near You and get clarifications of your doubts immediately!
1. How should I set the study timetable for JEE Preparation?
Students should set a practicable and convenient timetable instead of a relentless one. Every individual knows himself better than others. So, a student should prepare a study plan where he has to spend the correct amount of time practising each topic according to his strength & learning ability. Students are advised to prepare a topic-oriented study plan rather than a time-specific plan. Keep a target of one topic at a time and meet the learning goals for that particular topic. Students can efficiently do the time management in JEE Main preparation once they learn the topics wisely.
2. Which books should I refer to for the preparation of JEE Main?
NCERT textbooks are always regarded as the most valuable books for JEE Main preparation. Many students disregard or underestimate NCERT the books and prefer to focus only on the reference books. The NCERT books have a cardinal role in the JEE Main preparation. The students should primarily complete the NCERT textbooks, and then they can study from the reference books. Some ideal and popular books for learning concepts for JEE Main Physics are DC Pandey and HC Verma.
Access HC Verma Solutions and NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics and enhance your preparation levels for the upcoming JEE exams!
3. Why solving Mock Tests & Previous years' papers is significant for JEE Preparation?
Students can assess their preparation level for the JEE Main Mock Tests 2022. By this, students will become aware of the topics that require more attention & practice after reviewing the results of the mock tests. Solving mock tests regularly enhances the students' time management skills by providing an environment comparable to exams. Besides, the JEE Main previous year papers provide an idea of the questions asked in the previous exams. It helps to analyze the level of questions to expect in the exam.