Monday, November 16, 2015
Are you planning to crack JEE 2016? Is IIT your dream college? Take this 5 minute read for important tips and tricks which will help you crack JEE in the first go and take you a step closer to your dream college!
1) Create a timetable: It is absolutely necessary to have a well thought-out strategy and plan to crack this competitive exam. At the beginning of your preparation, you must create a timetable which should have all the topics and the time you will be devoting to each one of them.
2) Join a good coaching institute: Coaching institutes are extremely important as the guidance and support they provide is necessary to crack exams like JEE! Join a good coaching institute which will help you achieve your dream of being an IITian.
3) Start with the basics: The basics are what form the foundation of your preparation. The first step of your studying schedule should include going through the NCERT books for class XI and XII and solving all of the questions. Being thorough with NCERT books forms a great foundation for your preparation.
4) Identify your weaknesses: While preparing for the exam, you will come across a lot of your weaknesses that you must overcome! To overcome these weaknesses, you must first identify them and with help from your teachers and coaching institutes, you should try to perfect these topics.
5) Strengthen important concepts: There are some topics that have the maximum weightage in JEE. These topics require extra attention from you and you must master them! These important topics and concepts can be found on the JEE Advanced website.
6) Solve previous year’s question papers: This step is the most crucial step. Solving previous year’s question papers gives you a good idea of the structure of the exam and how tricky the questions will be. They will also give you a good idea of the time you must devote to each question so you don’t run out of time on the day of the exam!
7) Take mock tests: Taking mock tests is good practice. You can enrol yourself for Aakash’s Test Series so you can compare your score on an All India level and get guidance and help from experts whenever you get stuck on any topic.
8) Clarify doubts: Never hesitate to clarify the doubts that you have. The best method is to mark the questions or topics that you feel you need help with and devote time to them with an expert or your teacher. Clarifying doubts is an important step because they can drop your score in the main exam. You can now clarify your doubts online sitting at home too. Visit www.aakashitutor.com
9) Be thorough with the syllabus: Following are topics for JEE Advanced 2016 that you should focus on:
● Physical Chemistry: Memorize the formulae and practice the questions repeatedly. Focus: Thermodynamics.
● Inorganic Chemistry: Spend good amount of time on this topic. Focus: Analytical Chemistry
● Organic Chemistry: It demands regular and efficient efforts. Focus: Reaction Mechanisms
● Mathematics: Remember 3 T’s:- Tips, Tricks and Techniques for each topic. Make charts to memorize formulae. Focus: Calculus
● Physics: Remember the concepts and practice the questions. Focus: Mechanics
10) Relax and take breaks:While all the stress from studying for JEE might give you anxiety, you should always remember to take some time off and indulge in the activities that relax your mind. You should give time to physical activities and always get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep. Keep a healthy body and mind!
All the very best! Work hard, stay focused and you will always achieve success!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.