Haryana is a state in northern India. It is the 20th state of India founded on November 1, 1966. It borders the states of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi and Punjab. Chandigarh is the capital of Haryana. According to the 2011 census, the literacy rate in this state is 67.91%. In terms of medical education, Haryana has many reputed institutes that provide education in the medical field. Here we have made the list of best medical schools in Haryana.
List of Medical Colleges in Haryana (Based on NIRF 2023 Ranking)
More Details | |
|IR-D-C-30767||Pt. B.D.Sharma, PGIMS
More Details | |
Provided below are the top medical colleges in Haryana out of the top 100 colleges in India, based on NIRF’s ranking.
Maharishi Markandeshwar (Rank 35)
Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University), Mullana is a prestigious university located near Ambala in the Indian state of Haryana. It was founded in 1993 under the name of Maharishi Markandeshwar Ji. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in engineering, hospitality, management, nursing, and health.
The campus consists of 14 hostels and six condos. It has a sports complex with seven gyms, a swimming pool, and a playing arena. The campus has two shopping malls with four banks, a post office, and various restaurants. There is also an auditorium on campus with a capacity of around 1500 seats.
Other Renowned Medical Colleges in Haryana
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University, Gurgaon
- SGT Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Gurgaon
- MAMC Agroha – Maharaja Agrasen Medical College
- PGIMS Rohtak – Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences
- Adesh Medical College and Hospital, Kurukshetra
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Haryana an open state for MBBS?
Haryana is an open state and other state candidates can take part in counselling and admission based on NEET UG score.
2. How many Govt medical colleges are in Haryana?
Haryana has 6 Government Medical Colleges and 5 Private Medical Colleges.
3. How can I get admission to a medical college in Haryana?
Haryana MBBS admission is done online mode. The candidates need to appear for NEET and the selection of candidates is done based on the NEET Examination score.
4. How many seats are there in NEET in Haryana?
There are around 1660 MBBS seats for government colleges and 100 BDS seats for government colleges in the state.
5. How can I apply for NEET Counselling in Haryana?
Candidates who wish to participate in the counselling of Haryana need to register themselves on the official website of DMER, Haryana. To register online, candidates will have to provide a valid email ID and mobile number.