The JEE Main 2020 was held in January between January 6 to January 9, 2020. Around 9.2 lakh students had registered for the exam out of which approx. 8.7 lakh could appear for the same. The result for the JEE Main January exam has been announced with about 9 students scoring 100 percentiles across the country. However, the final result for JEE Main 2020 will be available in the first week of May only after the declaration of the result of the April exam. The higher of the two scores will be considered for final ranking. However, the common rank list will denote the All India and Category ranks of all the aspirants in addition to their details and the marks obtained. The rank in the JEE Main exam will be the basis for admission to the NITs, IITs and GFTIs.
For all those students who could not do well in the January session, there is no need to worry as the JEE Main April exam is another opportunity for students who wish to improve their scores.
Read the complete article to know more about the JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips for the April exam.
What’s new in the JEE Main 2020?
- Changes have been announced by NTA in JEE Main 2020 exam pattern
- The exam will be conducted in the computer-based mode and twice in a year
- You will be given a chance to appear in one or both of the exams
- If any of you appear for both the examinations, then the best score will be considered
- All those of you who wish to apply for admission through JEE Main 2020 Paper II (B.Arch) are required to have scored 50% marks individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2 standard (or equivalent) qualifying examination and also 50% aggregate marks
Important things to learn from the Past
- One must not repeat the same mistakes as committed in the January session of JEE Main. Rather you should learn from these mistakes
- Complete your syllabus thoroughly if not done earlier
- Practice as many questions from Previous year JEE Main Papers and even from the January exam
- Make sure to keep a check on your speed and accuracy
- Do a complete Test Analysis of JEE Paper that was done in January and ensure that you are confident with each of them now
- Take help from your Subject teachers to clear your doubts and speak to them in case of any conceptual doubts that you are unable to solve
- Prepare a quick revision plan and categorize each of the topics As Easy, Moderate and Difficult
- While revising you might have to take help from your teachers for all the difficult chapters and get all the concepts cleared as sitting and waiting for the concepts to get cleared on its own may not help
- For all the moderate chapters you will need more time so devote time daily so adequate no. of questions are completed
- For all the chapters that are Easy, it is important that you are able to solve any question from there.
- Use of graphs and diagrams in your answers will really be helpful and expedite your answers
- Take care of your physical and mental fitness as there are several external factors that influence your performance
- Avoid taking up new books or start any new chapter just before the exam as this is going to spoil your confidence level
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout your preparation. Staying confident and keeping calm while appearing for the exam will help you to get the desired score
Preparation Tips for JEE MAIN 2020 April Exam
Be Familiar with the Syllabus
One of the first things that you need to accomplish is to be familiar with the JEE MAIN 2020 Syllabus. By knowing the complete syllabus, you will be able to prepare a proper exam strategy for the upcoming exam. Segregation of the syllabus will also help you to understand which topics are easy and can be studied later and which ones required more attention.
|Download Chapter Wise JEE Paper and Solution|
Follow a Proper Study Time Table
Once you are familiar with the syllabus, the next important thing is to prepare a proper study schedule. The time table should be prepared in such a way that all the topics are covered. Not only this, but the study schedule should be made in such a way that students do not feel monotonous while studying. There should be enough time for short breaks.
Refer to Some of the Best Books
It is important for you to refer to the best study material while preparing for JEE Main 2020 April exam. NCERT books are the best however there are several other books as well that are recommended for reference. You can take notes from each of these reference books in order to have clear concepts.
Solve Previous Year Papers
During your preparation, one of the methods which is usually followed by the candidates are to solve as many sample papers. Since the examination will be conducted on the computer-based mode, the candidates will get an idea about how the examination will be like through. Aspirants also use sample papers or previous year papers to practically apply all of their studied concepts. Time management can also be practiced through mock tests.
Ensure Small Breaks During Preparation
Constant studying is important and so is taking small breaks in between. By keeping small breaks in your study schedule, you will be able to refresh your mind which will help increase your concentration. You can go out for a walk, listen to music or watch out movies during these breaks to keep your mind refreshed.
Stay Healthy and Motivated
The most important thing during your preparation is to stay healthy and motivated. Make sure you eat and sleep well while preparing for JEE Main 2020 April exam. Proper sleep and good eating habits will ensure that you remain refresh. Motivation factor is also another thing that will decide whether you will do well in your exam or not.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.