Now, your preparation time for Class 10 board exams is over, and what remains is the revision time. As the Science Class 10th exam is about to come, students are looking for only one question ‘How to revise the whole syllabus at this last minute?‘
Class 10 board exams are a critical period for students. It is the juncture that builds the direction of their future career and helps them decide the category to choose for Class 12 board exams. Whether you want to select the Science stream, Commerce stream, or Arts stream for Class 12 board exams, you have to clear the hurdle of Class 10 board exams first.
Let’s have a quick look at ‘How to revise the whole syllabus of Science for Class 10 at the last minute.‘
CBSE Class 10 Board exams are about to begin on 15 February 2023. All students are in full swing of preparations. But, it’s time to leave the preparations and focus on revising the syllabus.
Also see: NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science
Most of you are looking for some effective revision tips and tricks that can help you with an excellent result in the Science exam with last-minute preparations. Here are some effective tips for you:
Last-Minute Tips For Science Revision For Class 10 Exam
You must have prepared the complete Science syllabus as the board exam is approaching. There is a need for just a quick revision for the exam now. Given below are some tips for the Science revision that can be beneficial for you at this last minute:
- Go through the updated Science syllabus on the CBSE website.
- Practice repeated questions from previous years’ papers, sample papers, and mock papers.
- Revise syllabus according to the updated weightage of chapters given by CBSE.
- Work more on application-based questions.
- Make sure to study the NCERT textbook and NCERT solutions for fundamental preparations.
- Use flow charts, notes, diagrams, mnemonics, or other ways to memorise important topics.
- Practice as much as possible, according to the latest pattern.
- Do not leave any single line, diagram, table, example, question, term, or graph from the NCERT book.
- Revise all Physics formulae, chemical reactions from Chemistry, and diagrams and definitions of Biology thoroughly.
- Solve all model papers and work according to the updated exam pattern and weightage.
Important Topics To Revise At The Last Minute For Class 10 Science Exam
This subject demands students to understand the concepts thoroughly. You first need to remember and understand the concepts of Science if you want an excellent score in it.
Also see: NCERT Solutions for Class 10
Here is the list of expected questions from each section of Science that can help you with your last-minute preparations:
1. Expected Questions from Physics
Some chapter-wise expected questions from Physics are given below:
- Electricity (expected weightage is 6 marks)
- Magnetic effect of electric current (expected weightage is 6 marks)
- Verify Ohm’s law and its applications
- Working on AC and DC generators and their applications
- Fleming’s left-hand rule
- Fleming’s right-hand rule
- Magnetic field lines
- Electric circuit-based questions
- Human eye
- Defects of vision and their corrections
- Glass prism and white light spectrum
- Images formed by the lens and mirrors
2. Expected Questions from Chemistry
Some chapter-wise expected questions from Chemistry are given below:
- Periodic Classification of Elements (expected weightage is 7 marks)
- Carbon and Its Compounds (expected weightage is 3 marks)
- The cleansing action of soap
- Saponification reaction
- Nomenclature of carbon compounds
- Isomers and isomerization
- Elements’ properties
- Triads of Periodic table
- Identification of elements or compound formulae
3. Expected Questions from Biology
Some chapter-wise expected questions from Biology are given below:
- How Do Organisms Reproduce? (expected weightage is 4 marks)
- Heredity (expected weightage is 9 marks)
- Our Environment (expected weightage is 5 marks)
- Sexual and asexual reproduction
- Female reproductive system and role of the placenta
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Food chain
- Ten percent law
- Laws of Mendel
- Homologous and analogous organs
- Fossils as evidence
- Diagrams of reproductive systems, ovaries, etc.
Some Section-wise Tips To Prepare Science For the Class 10 Exam
Science is divided into three sections (or subjects)- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Physics contains some numerical parts, Chemistry contains chemical reactions and conceptual parts, but Biology is a theoretical section. Here are some section-wise tips and tricks to prepare for Science for the Class 10 exam:
Tips and Tricks for Physics Preparations
Some tips and tricks for the Physics section to ace its preparations are given below:
- Practice numerical problems and diagrams as much as possible.
- Revise your notes regularly.
- Write down all theorems and formulae in your notes diary and practice questions related to them strictly.
- Work on gripping concepts of Physics for conceptual and theoretical problems.
- Do not neglect NCERT books. Revise every example, exercise question, diagram, table, and graph.
Tips and Tricks for Chemistry Preparations
Some tips and tricks for the Chemistry section to ace its preparations are given below:
- Prepare notes and revise them regularly.
- Write all important topics like Saponification, Cleansing action of soap, Nomenclature of Carbon compounds, etc. All chemical reactions are given in the NCERT book in your notes diary.
- Practice balanced reactions and numerical parts regularly.
- Try to memorise at least 20 elements from the Periodic Table. If possible, memorise their groups and periods and the first and last elements of the Periodic Table.
- Revise all the topics given in the NCERT Science book. Do not neglect even any activity given in the NCERT books.
Tips and Tricks for Biology Preparations
Some tips and tricks for the Biology section to ace its preparations are given below:
- Practice diagrams as much as possible.
- Make sure to note all important terms, definitions, theories, diagrams, and their respective functions in your notes diary and revise them daily.
- It will be best if you prepare Biology based on the weightage of topics according to the CBSE board exam.
- Work on difficult terms, definitions, and theories the most, as it is a theoretical subject.
- Do not forget to cover all the topics given in the NCERT Science books before moving to supplementary books.
Some Preparation Tips For the Class 10 Science Exam
Some most important tips for the preparation for the Science exam are given below:
- Try to memorise all the NCERT topics. You can take the help of NCERT Solutions of Science for Class 10.
- Revise all the topics regularly and familiarise yourself with them.
- Move to chapter-wise sample papers for practice after revision.
- Once you complete all the chapters, try to solve cbse class 10 previous year question papers science
- Solve mock papers to analyse yourself. It will help you with problem-solving skills.
- Work on your weak points thoroughly. It will increase your confidence level.
Check our visual story on ‘Do you know about these 10 greatest scientists’?
1. How many chapters are there in the class 10 science NCERT book?
NCERT Science textbook for Class 10, consists of a total of 16 Chapters as per the latest syllabus prescribed by the CBSE.
2. What general strategy should I follow at the last minute to get an excellent score in the Class 10 Science exam?
You can follow the given below strategy to get an excellent outcome in the Class 10 Science Exam:
1. Do not run after fresh topics. It can only drain your preparations and waste your time.
2. Revise your prepared notes thoroughly and practice all diagrams, chemical reactions, and numerical problems.
3. Solve all previous years’ papers, model papers, and mock papers according to the board schedule.
4. Go thoroughly through all text, examples, questions, and back exercises of the NCERT.
3. What tips should I use while answering the Class 10 Science exam?
You need to follow the given below tips:
1. Read the exam paper carefully in the extra given timing and mark your preferable questions.
2. Differentiate questions according to your level of understanding into easy, moderate, and difficult.
3. Write the answers according to marks allocated by CBSE.
4. If you cannot answer any question, do not get stuck to it. Move to the next question.
5. Do not forget the timing of the board exam while writing answers. Keep an eye on the time duration.
6. Focus on your handwriting too.
7. Most importantly, answer those questions first that you are confident with. Do not think about going section-wise while answering.
4. What preparations should I need to remember on the day before the examination?
You need to remember the given below steps:
1. Neglect all fresh topics you can see.
2. Revise your notes properly.
3. Check all necessary things like admit card and pencil kit for examination.
4. Eat healthy food items and take proper sleep for freshening up your mind.
5. Do not think anything negative. Be relaxed and positive.
6. Memorise all important topics. Do not skip anyone.
5. What preparation tips should I use for the Physics section of the Class 10 Science exam?
The following given below are the best tips that can help you with your physics preparations for the board exam:
1. Learn all important formulae and revise them so that they become at your fingertips.
2. Practice numerical on the series and parallel combination of resistances.
3. Memorize Fleming’s left-hand rule and right-hand rule, electric current diagram, magnetic field flow, AC and DC generators, images formed by the lens and mirrors, human eye, white light spectrum, glass prism, and defect of visions and their corrections.
4. Solve mock papers according to the board schedule.
Although the tips mentioned above and tricks will be beneficial for you, the first thing you must understand about Science is that it is a conceptual subject. If you can tight grip the concepts of its topics, then your path to getting more than 90% marks in Science in Class 10 exams will be easy to solve.
Regular practice and assessment solving can help you with quick revision, but they will also help you with your confidence level, problem-solving skills, time management, speed, and accuracy. Moreover, it is the only way to overcome your mistakes and weaknesses.
We hope this article benefits you and give you a boost in your last-minute preparations for the Science Class 10 board exam. All the best to all of you!