JEE Advanced 2018 result is out on June 10th. The result of JEE Advanced 2018 consists of the scores secured by candidates in the examination along with their qualifying status. Using their registration number, date of birth, mobile number and email ID, candidates will be able to access their JEE Advanced 2018 result. All the candidates are required to have qualified the entrance examination of JEE Advanced to get admission into various courses offered by IITs. The candidates will have to note that the scores secured in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of JEE Advanced 2018 will be considered while the rank is calculated. The result of the exam is only available in the online mode. Read the full blog to get the complete information about JEE Advanced 2018 Results.
|1.||JEE Advanced 2018 Examination||May 20, 2018|
|2.||Release of JEE Advanced 2018 Result||June 10, 2018|
|3.||Downloading of JEE Advanced 2018 Rank Card||June 10, 2018|
|4.||JoSAA 2018 Counselling||June 19 to July 15, 2018|
Click Here to Check JEE Advanced 2018 Results.
Steps to check JEE Advanced Result 2018
The result of JEE Advanced 2018 is announced on June 10. Candidates can follow the given steps to check and download JEE Advanced 2018 Result:
- Candidates will have to enter their JEE Advanced 2018 registration number, date of birth, mobile number and email ID
- Click on “Submit”
- The result of JEE Advanced 2018 will be displayed on the screen
- The candidates will have to download the JEE Advanced result 2018 and can also keep a print of this for further use
How is the JEE Advanced 2018 Result Score calculated?
All the candidates appearing for JEE Advanced 2018 were supposed to appear in both Papers 1 and paper 2 of JEE Advanced 2018 to be considered for the ranking process. Scores secured in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be taken while the rank is calculated by the concerned authorities. The scores secured in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be taken while the rank is calculated by the concerned authorities.
For instance, to know Marks obtained in Physics = Physics marks obtained in Paper 1 + Physics marks obtained in paper 2
If you want to calculate the marks for Chemistry and Mathematics it can be done in similar way.
The aggregate marks for JEE Advanced 2018 will be calculated using the following formula:
Aggregate Marks/Scores obtained in JEE Advanced = Aggregate Marks in Physics + Aggregate Marks in Chemistry + Aggregate Marks in Mathematics
The rank list of JEE Advanced 2018 will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination.
The Tie Breaker Policy for JEE Advanced 2018
The tie breaker policy is used if two or more candidates manage to secure equal marks in JEE Advanced 2018 examination. The ranks are allotted by using the following methods to break the tie:
- Candidates who have secured higher scores in Mathematics will be given the higher rank
- If the tie is not resolved, then all the candidates who have obtained a higher score in Physics will be allotted the higher rank
- However, if the tie is not resolved, then the candidates will be awarded the same rank
Important Points of JEE Advanced Result 2018
- The merit list for OBC, ST and SC will be released separately. There will be specified relaxation in minimum marks for candidates belonging to these categories
- The minimum prescribed marks will vary according to the category of the candidates
- Individual rank cards will not be sent to the candidates
- Securing a rank in JEE Advanced 2018 will not guarantee admission to IITs
JEE Advanced 2018 Cut-off
The cutoff of JEE Advanced 2018 is the minimum rank that has to be secured by the aspiring candidates to be eligible for admission into B.Tech courses offered by IITs. The opening and closing ranks required for admission will be listed out in the JEE Advanced cutoff 2018. According to the category, selection of the course and institute, the cutoff will vary. JEE Advanced 2018 cutoff has not been announced yet, however, the candidates can check the previous year cutoff to know the range of ranks which might get them allotted to their preferred IIT.
What follows after JEE Advanced 2018 Result?
After the JEE Advanced results are announced, the qualified candidates will have to register themselves for counselling session. JoSAA 2018 will be responsible for the counselling and seat allotment procedure for all JEE Advanced qualified candidates. Those candidates who meet the required qualification will be eligible for admission in the IITs of the nation. Allotment of seats will be done according to the merit of the candidates as well as his/her preferred choice of course and college.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.