As the JEE Main 2022 is just around the corner, you must be worried and tense about your performance. Unlike last year JEE Main 2022 will be held in two phases. By securing good marks in JEE 2022, aspirants can get admission to their dream institutions. Qualifying for JEE requires in-depth knowledge of every topic, dedicated preparation, and a strategic approach designed according to the JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern. This article will provide you with information about the important topics of Chemistry, one monthly revision strategy, and some expert tips to enhance your performance.
|Table of Contents|
|JEE Main 2022: What’s New?|
|JEE Main 2022 Syllabus – Chemistry|
|JEE Main 2022 Important Chapters of Chemistry with credit|
|How to Improve JEE Main 2022 Chemistry Preparations?|
|Chemistry Revision Notes and its Benefits|
|JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips for Chemistry|
|FAQs on JEE Main 2022 Chemistry Revision|
JEE Main 2022: What’s New?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has made some changes to the JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates and JEE Main 2022 Registration Date for the convenience of students. Therefore, aspirants need to be aware of the changes made by NTA before taking the exam.
Following are some crucial changes made by NTA:
|Commencement of JEE Main 2022 Registration (Phase -1)||01/03/2022|
|Conclusion of JEE Main 2022 Registration (Phase -1)||31/03/2022|
|Release of JEE Main Admit Card (Phase -1)||April 2nd week 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates (Phase -1)||16/04/2022 to 21/04/2022|
|Commencement of JEE Main 2022 Registration (Phase – 2)||08/04/2022|
|Conclusion of JEE Main 2022 Registration (Phase – 2)||03/05/2022|
|Release of JEE Main Admit Card (Phase – 2)||May 3rd week 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates (Phase -2)||24/05/2022 to 29/05/2022|
For the JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria, candidates can refer to the following table:
|Maximum or minimum age limit||NTA lists no age limit for JEE Main 2022|
|Educational qualifications||Applicants must have qualified or appeared for class 12th board in 2022.|
|Year of passing class 12th board||Candidates must have passed class 12th in 2020. Students who have qualified for class 12 in 2019 or before are not eligible for JEE 2022.|
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus – Chemistry
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus is crucial for preparing a solid study plan. A proper study plan is key to enhancing your preparation for JEE Main. Therefore, it is also helpful in scoring good marks. Moreover, Chemistry is a high scoring subject because its questions are not tricky. Therefore, you can easily analyse the questions and provide the answer quickly.
However, there are numerous chapters of Chemistry that are included in the JEE Main 2022 Syllabus. You need to clearly understand each topic to improve your knowledge and problem-solving skills. Furthermore, the JEE Chemistry syllabus is divided into three sub-categories. They are:
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
The following table demonstrates all the chapters included in the JEE Main 2022 Syllabus for the categories mentioned above of Chemistry.
|Physical Chemistry||Inorganic Chemistry||Organic Chemistry|
JEE Main 2022 Important Chapters of Chemistry with credit
As the exam is near and the JEE Main 2022 Syllabus of Chemistry is vast, having proper knowledge of important topics is crucial to power up your preparation. According to the detailed analysis of JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers, the following topic carry more credit:
|Topics||No. of questions (expected)||Total marks|
|Topics||No. of questions (expected)||Total marks|
|Topics||No. of questions (expected)||Total marks|
How to Improve JEE 2022 Chemistry Preparations?
Among all the three subjects of JEE Main, Chemistry consists of the most chapters. Therefore, students need to give special attention to this subject. Students with a strong command of Chemistry have a great chance of improving their JEE Main AIR Rankings.
Following are a few steps that you can follow to improve your Chemistry preparations:
- Make an efficient study plan and stick to it. Since the JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates are so near, every minute is precious for you. Wisely allocate time to revise those weak sections that need more attention.
- Follow the NCERT syllabus and cover each topic to get a better command. Students who learn all the chapters properly can quickly solve questions in exams.
- Do not take up new books and notes at this time. It will add to your confusion and distress rather than improve your knowledge. Stick to the notes and books you have been following throughout your preparation.
- Stay regular in your studies and try to accomplish your daily targets. This will help avoid anxiety and boost your confidence level before the exam.
- It would help if you memorised topics such as atomic symbols, periodic tables, atomic numbers, etc. In addition to this, you must also consider memorising several chemical reactions. These are essential parts of chemistry, and they save a lot of time during the exam.
- Keep some time aside to thoroughly revise all the topics you have covered in a day. This will be helpful in properly memorising the topic so that you can take up new topics confidently.
- To improve your time management and problem-solving capacity, you should take as many JEE Main Mock Tests 2022 as possible. Mock tests provide you with an accurate exam environment to get familiar with it beforehand.
- One of the most efficient ways of improving your Chemistry preparation for JEE 2022 is to solve JEE Main Previous Year Question Papers. By solving previous year’s questions, you will know what areas you need to practise more. It is also crucial for understanding the question pattern so that you are mentally prepared for the big day.
Chemistry Revision Notes and its Benefits
Chemistry revision notes provide a quick overview of all the syllabus topics. It includes all the major chemical reactions, atomic symbols, periodic tables, atomic numbers, etc., in one place so that students can take a glance at each topic during final revisions and even before exams.
Revision notes are crucial for boosting confidence and improving exam performance. Moreover, as the chemistry syllabus is huge, it is impossible to cover each topic thoroughly before the exam. Therefore, these notes are a lifesaver for JEE aspirants.
Following are a few benefits of Chemistry revision notes:
- They cover all the vital facts, chemical reactions, and chemical formulas so that you can efficiently revise all the topics before exams.
- They are very well written and are easy to understand so that students don’t stress out during the final revision period.
- They are prepared according to the latest JEE syllabus. This way, neither a crucial topic is left, nor any extra and unnecessary topic is included.
- Since it is tough to revise all the topics just before the exam, the revision notes can be crucial for a quick revision of all the topics.
- They can play a vital role in improving your JEE score by enhancing your final preparation.
- They provide solutions to previous year’s questions. Therefore, you can easily cross-check your solutions and know your mistakes to correct them.
JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips for Chemistry
As JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates are barely two weeks away following tips will help you give your best shot to crack JEE.
- Do not attempt to study a new topic you have not learnt earlier. Rather focus on revising the topics you have already studied.
- Prioritise topics according to their weightage in the exam. Strengthening your knowledge of high credit topics will help you fetch good marks in the exam.
- Follow the NCERT syllabus and solve as many JEE Main Mock Tests 2022 as possible.
- Set daily targets and give your best try to achieve them. Stay dedicated to accomplishing them by remaining positive.
Chemistry is the most scoring subject for JEE Main 2022. If you learn this subject properly, you can efficiently improve your JEE Main 2022 Result. Therefore, you must stick to the syllabus and study with complete dedication to strengthen your knowledge of each chapter. In addition, you also need to know the question pattern in advance to know which topics need more attention. Time plays a vital role during the exam. Therefore, you should consider attempting those questions first, which are less time consuming so that you will have sufficient time to solve tricky ones.
FAQs on JEE Main 2022 Chemistry Revision
1. Is NCERT sufficient for JEE Chemistry preparation?
There is no doubt that all the Chemistry questions asked in JEE Main are covered in the NCERT syllabus. NCERT books give a clear understanding of chemistry’s basic elements, organic, inorganic and physical chemistry. However, it would help to refer to the necessary books based on the NCERT syllabus to improve your problem-solving skills.
2. What is the standard of Chemistry questions in JEE?
Compared to Physics and Mathematics, Chemistry is generally considered an easy subject in JEE. If you learn and understand all the topics properly, it can be the most scoring subject. All the questions asked in Chemistry are direct and require zero calculations. However, it has a vast syllabus. Therefore, you need to start an early preparation to cover all the chapters properly.
3. How can I improve my inorganic Chemistry preparations for JEE?
Inorganic Chemistry is considered the most difficult of all the three sections of Chemistry. During JEE, you need sufficient time to solve the questions asked on this sun-topic. Therefore, you need to pay necessary attention to strengthening the basics. For this, the first thing you need to do is refer to the NCERT textbook because all the questions asked inJEE are from NCERT topics. Moreover, it would help to write all the learnt topics regularly to improve your memorization.
4. Can I score full marks in JEE 2022?
You can score a perfect 360 in JEE 2022 with utter dedication. However, you must understand that the JEE is one of the toughest competitive exams in India. Moreover, this year there will be negative markings in the subjective paper. However, if you have covered all the topics thoroughly, have taken numerous Mock tests, solved all previous year’s question papers and have got all the answers correct, there is a great chance that you will succeed in getting a perfect score.
5. How much time is required to prepare for JEE Chemistry?
Chemistry has a vast syllabus. It would be helpful if you had sufficient time to cover all the topics thoroughly. If you start early preparation for JEE, you need to dedicate around 5 hours daily. However, it would help if you increased the preparation duration over time. During the final revision times, you need to give Chemistry around 7-8 hours.
6. What is the optimum revision strategy for JEE?
JEE has a vast syllabus. The optimum way to revise all the topics is to follow a study plan. For this, you can divide your day into sections and dedicate the necessary time to all the topics. It would help if you also consider taking short breaks after every hour to avoid burnout. Exam time can be very stressful. Therefore, you need to follow a routine healthy lifestyle to maintain good health.