JEE 2022 examination is a student’s ticket to get admission into the most prestigious engineering institutions in the country. Nonetheless, the most basic question asked by most students is to know which chapters from which subject are the most important. To ease this dilemma, here are some JEE Physics chapters that have the highest weightage in the JEE examination.
|Table of contents|
|Why is Physics an important subject for the preparation of JEE?|
|Do all the Physics chapters hold the same weightage?|
|How to obtain a good rank in JEE?|
|How to cover the JEE syllabus?|
|Some facts regarding the JEE syllabus|
|JEE Main topics for Physics with high weightage|
|Chapter-wise important topics for Physics|
|Important books for Physics JEE Main 2022|
|The pattern for JEE 2022 examination|
|Some basic tips for students to score a good rank in JEE Main|
|Frequently asked questions about JEE|
Why is Physics an important subject for the preparation of JEE?
Some students consider Chemistry to be an easy subject among all the other subjects in the JEE syllabus. On the other hand, Mathematics is considered to be the toughest one. It leaves us with Physics lying just somewhere in the middle.
This means while most students consider neglecting Physics chapters for the preparation of their exam, including them in your preparation might ace up your score. Aspirants should consider Physics because it not only helps them to develop problem-solving skills but also acquires a critical thinking mind.
Do all Physics chapters hold the same weightage?
Just like any other examination, the JEE Main syllabus & JEE Advanced syllabus contains three main subjects. They are Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Having said this, all these three subjects make an appearance in the JEE examinations.
Talking about Physics, each chapter holds an individual weightage. It means while there are chapters that contribute more, there are chapters that do not.
Now that we know that not all Physics chapters hold the same amount of weightage, it would be easy for us to know an approximate number of questions that would be appearing from a particular Physics chapter.
|If you are a JEE aspirant and wonder how to score well in the examination? Read the information given below to find the best suitable answer.|
How to obtain a good rank in JEE?
JEE is a crucial examination for engineering aspirants. It is why the students need to prepare for the entire syllabus. It is equally important that students should prepare for these examinations with the utmost dedication and sincerity to each and every topic. Nevertheless, a student can also go through the chapter-wise weightage that can help them rank higher in their exam.
In addition to important chapters, students should also have a thorough knowledge of each chapter that would be contributing to the syllabus.
How to cover the JEE Physics syllabus?
To prepare for the Physics chapters, aspirants should refer to NCERT solutions of 12th and its solutions as well as NCERT 11th solutions. Candidates can refer to the previous year’s chapter-wise JEE Mains Physics syllabus with weightage to understand which topics and units are important for the preparation. Candidates can cover all high-weightage topics of JEE Main 2022 Physics syllabus to acquire a good rank in the exam. It is recommended to solve JEE Main previous years’ papers to know the type of questions asked and high-weightage chapters and topics.
Some facts regarding the JEE Physics syllabus
JEE might be a tough examination, but knowing some facts regarding it can help students understand and prepare for the same. Some facts that can help students through their examination are-
- In the JEE Main Physics syllabus, every chapter has an individual weightage of marks.
- Even though every chapter has individual weightage, it is not fixed or maintained by any official conducting authority.
- Even though there is no disclosure of the weightage of marks, there is a visible pattern of the JEE Main examination.
- Chapters of a subject can be broken down into 3-4 categories depending upon their weightage of marks.
- There are topics that contain a high weightage of marks, and there are topics that hold the minimum weightage of marks.
- A student can separate the important chapters from the lesser important chapters. It will help them to focus more attention on the crucial chapters only.
- By making a layout of all the important chapters, a student can figure out a way to score good marks in the JEE examination.
|Now that you are aware of some facts about the JEE examination, it is time to know which Physics chapters hold a high weightage of marks.|
JEE Main topics for Physics with high weightage
The Physics syllabus of JEE Main has around 21 chapters. Some of the important JEE Main topics are given below-
- Oscillations and Waves
- Rotational Motion
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
The chapter concerning Oscillations and Waves covers the maximum percentage of Physics questions in the JEE exam. It is around 10%. Other than these topics, we have observed questions from topics like Electrodynamics, Modern Physics, Optics, and many others, in the previous JEE exams.
Chapter-wise important topics for Physics
Here we will be describing topics along with their difficulty level for each chapter of Physics. The division is according to the most basic and fundamental concepts of Physics. Along with easy and highly important Physics topics for the exams, there are chapters that have heavy weightage in JEE Main and have repeatedly appeared in the past few years.
JEE Main important Physics topics
We have arranged the topics on the basis of the following parameters.
Physics concepts that contain 1 mark each are
- Units and Dimensions
- Measurement of Errors
Fundamental concepts of Physics that contain 2 marks each are
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
Easy Physics topics that can assist you to score a good rank in JEE Main 2022 are
- Work, Energy and Power
- Current Electricity
- Wave Optics
- Ray Optics
JEE Main important Physics topics which contain the weightage of 2-3 marks each, are-
- Centre of Mass, Momentum and Collision
- Rotational Dynamics
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Fluid Mechanics
- Wave Motion and String Waves
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Nuclear Physics
- Modern Physics
|As students, you are now aware of the important Physics chapters. Please refer to the books given below for the preparation of your syllabus.|
Important books for Physics JEE Main 2022
Physics is also one of the toughest subjects to clear in competitive examinations, as it consists of all the fundamental concepts of science. Below are a few of the most appropriate and best books that can help candidates to score better marks in their engineering entrance exams.
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main and JEE Advanced- D C Pandey
- Concepts of Physics (Volume 1 and 2)- H C Verma
- Complete Physics for JEE main- I E Irodov
- Problems in General Physics- I E Irodov
- Understanding Physics Electricity and Magnetism by D C Pandey
Some basic tips for students to score good scores in the Physics section in JEE Main
Some basic tips for JEE Mains that can help an aspirant to score well in Physics are-
- Maintain speed –
- With better and continuous practice, students will build speed in Physics.
- This practice speed must be maintained during the examinations as well.
- Since there is no defined timing, ensure that you are able to solve enough Physics questions from each section of the question paper within one and a half hours (90 minutes) such that your score reaches the expected cutoff.
- Topic-wise mock tests –
- Solving mock tests and practice Physics papers can actually tell what level of preparation is needed.
- Thus, it also enables the students to know the level of the exam and also their own preparation against it. It will help them to work on their weak topics of Physics.
- Nowadays, a deep analysis of mock tests are easily available online to understand correctness, strong topics, time-consuming topics, and weak topics.
- Accurate answers –
- If you go by the speed rule in the first 90 minutes, follow by the accuracy rule in the next 90 minutes.
- Instead of solving all the questions, try solving what you can, but with correct answers.
- This will aid you in building your score and probably help you in the overall rank considered for IITs.
- Revise every week –
- Schedule your study time and revision time.
- Revision will ensure that you are on track with the topics that are important but must be worked on.
- Take regular breaks.
- Practise previous years’ JEE Main question papers.
- Revise the main topics every alternate day or at least twice a week.
Now that you have received a good understanding of the important Physics topics and chapters of JEE Main, it is time to push yourself towards good exam preparation. With the help of weightage, exam patterns, paper analysis, and useful learning applications, it will be definitely easy for you to study in a streamlined manner.
Frequently asked questions about chapters of Physics in JEE
1. Which subject has more weightage in JEE mains?
Ans. The weightage of each of the subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) is different for JEE Mains. So, any aspirant, who is preparing for the JEE examination, should go through the entire syllabus.
2. What was the weightage of marks for the classes 11th and 12th in JEE Mains 2021?
Ans. Although it is not an exact estimation of the weightage of marks, it was said to be nearly 49% for class 11th and 51% for class 12th.
3. What is the weightage for modern Physics in JEE Mains?
Ans. It is estimated that 20-25% weightage of marks is from modern Physics in JEE Main. This hints at the fact that this section is important for JEE.
4. Can an average student score good in Physics in their JEE Main exam?
Ans. Yes, any student that can be consistent with hard work and focus can ace their Physics score in JEE Main Exam. So, prepare well to get an admission in the best engineering college of India.
5. Which subject is considered to be the toughest in JEE Main 2022 examination?
Ans. In JEE Main, the Mathematics section is considered to be a difficult section because it is completely numerical based. A thorough understanding of the concepts can easily help you ace through the Mathematics section.
6. How many total chapters are there in the syllabus of JEE Main?
Ans.JEE Main syllabus consists of a total of 76 chapters, as categorised under three subjects:
- Chemistry- 30 Chapters
- Physics- 21 chapters
- Mathematics- 25 chapters
7. Is the syllabus for classes 11 & 12 enough to cover all important Physics topics?
Ans. Class 11 & 12 books can provide a solid base for the preparation of important Physics topics. But, a student will definitely be required to study from other advanced books.
8. What subject is important for JEE Main?
Ans. Physics is said to be the most important subject, while on the other hand, Mathematics is the toughest. Nevertheless, attention should be paid to every subject to crack JEE in the first attempt.