CUET UG 2022 has been conducted for the first time to fill seats in various UG courses offered by different central universities, colleges, and private and state universities. The exam was conducted in multiple sessions. There were almost 27 domain-specific subjects out of which students had to choose at least 2. The CUET question paper consisted of Language, Domain-specific subjects, and General tests. NTA has followed the normalization process to determine the CUET 2022 percentile score.
CUET 2022 Ranking system
The CUET 2022 ranking system will be based on the CUET 2022 results. The CUET UG 2022 results have been declared on 15 September 2022.
Let us look at the ranking system that is to be followed in the CUET 2022 exam. The CUET 2022 ranking system includes the discussion of the score calculations, rank calculations as well as the normalisation process.
CUET Expected Marks Vs Percentile 2022 (for Domain Specific subjects)
As the CUET exam is conducted in multiple sessions, the marks vs percentile analysis would vary according to the subject. Provided below are the CUET marks & percentile for the basic reference of students:
|Marks Range||Expected Percentile|
How to Calculate CUET 2022 Score?
To make it easy for students, we have simplified the process to calculate CUET Score:
- Since the exam is conducted in multiple sessions, NTA has adopted a normalization process through which percentile is calculated
- Firstly, the highest percentile scored by candidates in a particular session is to be taken into consideration
- The percentile score will have up to 7 decimal points. This will help NTA in ranking the student’s basis the percentile score with exact decimal points
- Candidates must note that the candidate with the highest marks in each shift shall get 100 percentiles.
- NTA will release both the percentile and raw score while announcing the results
Formula for Normalization
Total percentile (100) = (Number of candidates who appeared from the session with a raw score less or equal to total percentil) / (Total number of candidates appeared in the session)
What is Tie-Breaker Method?
If two or more students with identical CUET scores choose the same college and course as their top choices, their Class 12 board scores or the % will be used as a tiebreaker to determine who gets what.
Marking scheme followed in CUET 2022
Understanding the CUET marking scheme for 2022 is crucial to calculate your score. Let’s examine how the CUET scores will be determined.
- Students will receive 5 marks for each accurate response
- One mark will be subtracted for each incorrect response
- There won’t be any deductions for questions that weren’t attempted
We hope this article has been helpful for students wondering about the top universities in India accepting CUET Scores. For more information, check out the latest updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
CUET is an entrance exam for admission into the Top Universities. To appear for CUET, the candidates must have passed Class 12th from a recognized school board. A candidate who failed in one or two subjects of Class 12th will not be considered eligible to apply for CUET 2022.
The CUET score will be used for admission to top colleges and universities including Delhi University, JNU, and Hyderabad University, among several others. As soon as the result will be announced, students will have to start applying for the colleges and courses of their choice.