The syllabus for JEE Mains is extensive and requires undivided attention from aspirants. It is because this competition is tough and requires a considerable amount of effort for its preparation. Marks between 150-200 are expected to be good in this particular examination. However, JEE Mains aspirants are required to strategize and plan their JEE syllabus to achieve a maximum percentile and get admitted to the prestigious engineering colleges of India.
How to score maximum marks in JEE Mains 2022?
Scoring a total of 150+ marks in JEE Exam will help you get into a reputed college. Nevertheless, it is not as difficult as it seems.
An aspirant is required to plan things accordingly. Constant dedication and consistency in hard work are the key strategies that play a significant role in levelling up the score.
Candidate should work on their strengths and make a study plan according to the more likely topics in the exam. It is entirely up to an individual whether their preparation requires a couple of months or even a year. While every aspirant has their own way of preparing, there are certain strategic points that one can perform to end up cracking the JEE exam.
- Make a layout plan and study according to your schedule.
- Plan your daily tasks according to your schedule only. Without planning, a person wastes a lot of time.
- Read fundamental books to cover basic topics, especially for conceptual subjects like chemistry, as it is a scoring subject.
- For subjects like maths, consider advanced level books.
- Make a habit of practising numerical questions.
- Try considering the time duration while solving a numerical problem and try to decrease it by practising.
- Do not let your doubts sit while you are studying other topics. Ask your teacher to assist you with academic problems.
- Analyse your test marks and rectify your mistakes.
- Apart from getting your answers right, also try to improve your accuracy and speed.
- Do not leave important topics for the last moment.
- Apart from all the preparation, take time to focus on your physical and mental health. Good health ensures better results.
Are you a JEE aspirant who is looking for some useful tips for the upcoming examination? Read the sections below to ease your concerns.
Useful preparation tips for JEE examination
JEE aspirants know that apart from the vigorous learning procedures, there are certain important points that should be considered during their preparation. For an effective and correctly executed exam, aspirants should look for the following –
1. Using the right books
Getting the right books for JEE Mains is such an underrated useful tip for any examination. Most of the time, candidates only focus on practicing numerical problems and not on conceptual theory chapters from good books. As a result, their fundamental knowledge of basic concepts of science is compromised.
The right books are actually the best way to enhance and ace up the preparation of a candidate. Relevant books can deliver better knowledge of certain concepts and hence be a good addition to the preparation.
2. The exam pattern for JEE Mains
Understanding the JEE Main Exam Pattern can really break or make your scoring results. Aspirants do continuous hard work when smart work can get their jobs done most of the time.
Analyzing the exam pattern is a smart way of knowing how much time should be given to how many questions. Apart from this, knowing the exam pattern will help candidates discover the various types of questions that are asked in the question paper.
3. Complete Syllabus
It is advisable that the proper syllabus for any exam should be followed. It is because most candidates skip going through the syllabus as they only practice through the previous year’s question papers. Knowing the entire JEE Main syllabus has numerous advantages.
One can come to know that there are certain chapters that need a certain amount of dedication. The knowledge of the syllabus will help a candidate develop a clean strategy on which chapters to prepare first.
4. Go through solved question papers of JEE from previous years
After an aspirant is done going through the syllabus, they can practice JEE Main previous year question papers.
This tip allows the person to utilize their strength and analyze the amount of knowledge they have retained from the syllabus.
5. Go for mock tests
Mock tests are a convenient way to prepare for the upcoming JEE Mains 2022. These tests allow a candidate to track their progress by going through the process of a similar exam but without the seriousness of the main exam.
Mock tests for JEE are a way to evaluate how much a candidate has prepared for an exam. JEE Main Mock tests can assist aspirants with knowing their weak points and helping them to make progress in the same area.
Have you ever considered giving mock tests? If not, try giving one. They are helpful in providing the same experience as the main examination.
A quick approach to prepare for JEE
Apart from a quick approach, candidates should proceed in the direction of the right approach for their preparation plan. Candidates are required to achieve a detailed preparation plan to effectively score well in the examination. Check out the following points for a quick approach for your preparation.
- Go through every topic of the syllabus
- Get used to the exam pattern
- Analyse and practise previous years’ question papers
- Prepare from advanced level books
- Strictly follow your timetable
- Invest your dedication hard work for each subject
- Go through mock test papers
Do you find managing all the subjects of your syllabus difficult? Well, not anymore. Please check the section below to find a chapter-wise layout plan for the upcoming JEE Mains examination.
How to do subject-wise preparation?
When we talk about the subjects appearing in the question paper of JEE, there are three main subjects involved, Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Look at the subject-wise preparation for the following subjects.
- Physics: It is a conceptual subject that requires a thorough understanding of its concepts. Apart from this, the understanding of its concepts plays a significant role in understanding numerical problems related to them. Candidates should try to develop a chapter-wise explanation and understanding of important physics chapters. Apart from fundamental books, one can also make use of advanced level books as they cover wide knowledge of all the concepts.
- Chemistry: Most aspirants regard Chemistry to be a scoring subject. However, this particular subject involves numerous reactions, equations, and their respective mechanisms. A candidate should get familiar with all the name reactions, symbols, and preparation methods for important chemicals. NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry are considered to be convenient for understanding the fundamental basics of Chemistry.
- Maths: This is a tricky subject for most JEE aspirants. It is because this subject requires both conceptual and problem-solving skills. Apart from this, one has to be quick at solving calculations. It is better to understand the theory of the chapter first and then apply it to the numerical problems. The only way a candidate can overcome their difficulty with maths is by practising repeatedly. Continuous practice of maths develops better results.
Do you know that undertaking frequent mock tests can actually strengthen your understanding of the subject and omit any weakness in your concepts?
Some valuable tricks to score maximum percentile while preparing for JEE Mains 2022
Apart from memorising all the aspects of the syllabus, there are various other things that require the attention of a candidate. Even though no one said that this exam is an easy one, there are some common tricks that make the process bearable.
The duration of your preparation depends on how smartly an aspirant can work. Taking appropriate steps can make the process smoother and achieve desirable results. Follow the following points to help yourself achieve your goals.
- Make notes of all the important formulas, chapter-wise
- Try to solve two different types of numerical problems with the same formula
- No matter what the circumstances are, never miss your schedule
- Do not skip the chapters that you find most difficult
- Try to learn lengthy chapters by dividing them
- After completing each chapter, solve its mock test paper
- Try to manage your time so that you can efficiently solve the question paper when you give the actual exam