Students have a lot of plans working in their heads for the summer holidays. Some of these plans include travelling to a new place, visiting their family, performing outdoor activities, hanging out with friends and many more! And all these are necessary since students need some time to relax after a long semester.
The only thing to worry about is that most students abstain from their studies over the holidays. Students do not perceive the need to continue their studies because there are no examinations, assignments, or evaluations. It should not be the situation. Since students need to return to school after the holidays, they need to continue studying during the holidays. Students can continue reading to learn about some of the advantages of studying over the summer vacation.
Keeps Brain Occupied
The brain is similar to a muscle. Like every other muscle, the brain requires action and training to function properly. Students will acclimate faster when they return to school if they study during their holidays. It is particularly important in certain situations, such as:
- If student’s finals are scheduled just after the holidays;
- If this is the student’s final semester before graduation;
- If students are working on a long term project or have a presentation to prepare;
Studying on holidays helps students remember all the learnt concepts in class. Keep students focused on their studies and help them effectively memorise the facts, concepts, and information, enabling them to stick in students’ minds. According to research, the human mind forgets what they’ve learnt within 2 or 3 days. Even a weekly update can help students cure this situation.
No child likes to study during the holiday breaks. Still, when the time comes for final examinations and students need to prepare a huge curriculum, they understand the importance of the time they waste during holidays. Thus, students should understand the importance of regular revision. They must realise the value of those extra Maths lessons during the holidays.
Learn at your own Pace
Since students have no deadlines or tasks, they can broaden and develop their knowledge at their own pace. Students have plenty of time to focus on what fascinates them the most during the holidays. They can start their learning through an article recommended by their teachers or a textbook they have always liked to read. Whatever they want to explore or learn, students now have some spare time, and they can utilise it as their greatest alternative.
Students can also review their curriculum and school textbook for the recently completed topics. Students can mark the readings they enjoyed the most and learned more on the same topic. Learning during holidays improves students’ chances of scoring well in exams. Most students tend to complete their final exam syllabus during the holidays. However, at certain schools, students take their finals subsequently.
Thus, the sooner students begin, the better equipped they will be. All students must always remember that it is not how much they learn; rather, how frequently they do it.
|What is the Ideal Time to Study?
There is no such thing as a good or bad time to study. It all relies on what time of day suits students best. The following are some topics to think about:
Maintains Regular Routine
Throughout the academic year, students most likely have a regular study routine. It keeps students active and focused on their objectives. Similarly, maintaining a study routine throughout the holidays can also be beneficial. Students can achieve their daily study goals; they must start by putting small targets which can help them in attaining their real academic goals move on to There are also some other advantages:
- Following a daily routine is a good discipline to have. The more students study, the less difficult it becomes.
- Having a study plan is beneficial for the mental wellness of students. It is one of the long-term advantages of developing a good study habit. It can also aid in the avoidance of procrastination and loss of motivation.
- It may help students acclimate to the semester more quickly.
Nothing is worse than getting up late to face the reality of final examinations and cramming a few last-minute topics with the hope of achieving passing marks. Thus, students must dedicate time and energy to work hard to get the best grades during the holidays.
Employ your Knowledge into Practice
Holidays are the best opportunity for students to put what ve learnt into practice. For instance, if students study chemistry reactions, they can identify the theory behind the formation of bubbles in the soap. Similarly, if someone is a journalism student, they can go to media outlets and observe what goes on.
Studying over holidays may appear tedious, but it does not have to be. Students can use the opportunity to study something new in a peaceful atmosphere and return to school the following semester, rejuvenated and ahead of schedule!
Preparing for Engineering Entrance Exam? Click Here to Register for JEE Crash Course 2022 by Aakash Byju’s
Examine your Performance
Students have time throughout the holidays to focus on their overall academic achievement. They can pause for a moment and assess their performance without being distracted by forthcoming tasks, examinations, assignments, or other obligations. During the holidays, students can review all of their lessons and put their knowledge to the test on various concepts and ideas. Students will obtain insight into the topics they have to focus more on and will be able to construct their holiday study plan accordingly. It will assist students in identifying their strengths and weaknesses and comprehending their overall academic performance.
Time to Catch-up
There will always be specific subjects and concepts that students will struggle with during each term. Teachers are hurrying through their syllabus due to excess workload that needs to be completed within the time frame, and most students tumble off the bus with a few tough notions. Studying throughout the holidays is the ideal time to re-read, review, and conquer minor flaws that will have implications for final examinations later in the academic year.
Those few hours during the holidays will help students prepare their knowledge base. They will guarantee students that they are ready to understand the new concepts in the following term, rather than falling behind due to the foundations necessary from earlier lessons.
Get Ready for the New Semester
Students learn more effectively when they can select what they study. Bringing the next semester’s syllabus home during the holidays is wise. It will provide students with a preview of what to experience in the following semester. Furthermore, students have the opportunity to study beforehand and prepare for their future subjects. When the teacher requests an in-class discussion after the holidays, students who have studied the topics earlier will be better able to participate in class discussions.
Preparing for Medical Entrance Exam? Click Here to Register for NEET Crash Course 2022 by Aakash Byju’s.
Did you Know?
Some schools provide supplementary classes for students who desire to study while on vacation. Students can also look at the various topics for the coming semester and start learning some topics of particular interest to them.
Many papers support the theory that students should continue reading, revising, and focusing on their education over the school holidays. According to one of the statistical reports, their concentration levels have plummeted by 22% by the time kids return to school.
According to another research released by Oxford Learning, kids can lose up to two months’ worth of reading ability during their vacations, particularly when it comes to youngsters learning new tasks and absorbing important information. It is extremely severe because the decrease in brain functioning and ability to focus can significantly impact test outcomes and assessments performed within the first week.
1. How essential are holidays for students?
Holidays are a vital part of real life, whether students or working people. Everyone deserves a vacation from the routine to revitalise and reduce their stress. Holidays are just perfect for them.
Aside from that, a holiday permits students to finish all of their leftover tasks. There won’t be anyone who despises holidays. From school-age children to grown-up children, everyone looks forward to the holidays and sees them as a perfect moment to slow down and enjoy themselves. It is a period when students can finally take a vacation from their schoolwork and explore their hobbies. They can enrol in classes that provide them with specialised instruction.
2. How should I make a study schedule for the holidays?
Students can make their study schedule for holidays using the following tips.
1. Everyone’s study schedule is unique. Here’s one method for making a study plan for holidays.
2. Students can start by making a time map of their present activities to see where and how they spend their time during a normal week.
3. Then, make a list of all the subjects or topics that must be studied and set study objectives accordingly.
4. Students must regularly examine their time chart and look for blocks of time that they could utilise for learning. Even chunks of 20-30 minutes can be beneficial.
5. Give time blocks for activities like holiday work, private time, quality time with family, and various subjects and topics on a calendar or planner.
6. Take out some time to explore new activities during the holidays. Students must remember enjoyment is also important along with studies.
3. How should I apply my study plan throughout the holidays?
Students must use the following suggestions in their study plan throughout the holidays.
1. Remember to take short breaks to relax, move around, or eat something. Students should take a break from their studies regularly to avoid being overly stressed.
2. Switch between subjects or study methods to mix things up. Occasionally switch study sites. Students can change their study methods according to the course topic (subject).
3. Students can use mini-targets to finish minor sections of their assignment as they work toward the finished product target.
4. Students must be committed to learning when they make up time for it. Concentrate on the assigned task and attempt to avoid distractions.
4. How important is a timetable during the holidays?
A curriculum is a list of disciplines that every student must learn. The students, on the other hand, have their preferences. Some subjects are particularly appealing to students, and they wish to focus solely on them. Without a timetable, kids will pursue only their favoured topics, losing all other subjects. Students can solve this problem with a well-designed timetable. A properly designed timetable guarantees that all subjects receive equal time so that kids can learn properly and can spend their time wisely during holidays or summer breaks.
5. How should students use their holiday time?
Summer vacations can be tedious and uninteresting if kids do the same activities every day. However, numerous activities are available during the summer vacation that are both productive and provide enjoyable and thrilling experiences.
Students can spend their holidays by:
1. Learning something new and creative.
2. Educating about new themes and information.
3. Performing relaxing and de-stressing activities.
4. Enhancing physical and mental health.
5. Finding new interesting activities.
6. Attending informative and entertaining workshops.
Learning martial arts techniques.
Participating in group studies or visiting public libraries for studies.
Everyone looks forward to the holidays, especially high school and college students. It’s an opportunity for them to rest and recharge their batteries. After that, students can return to class energised and inspired. While relaxing is important during this time, it is also possible to have a fruitful vacation and stay on top of academics. Students must maintain a proper study plan to achieve high grades during their vacations. Maintaining a study routine during the holidays can help students manage their studies when they return to school.
Leave a Reply