Are you one of those learners who like to prepare early for competitive entrance exams? The JEE Main 2022 is one of India’s most popular and leading competitive entrance exams for engineering students. Every year, around 11-12 lakh candidates register for the JEE Main Exams, hoping to get admission to the country’s top engineering institutes. The competition is so intense that only thousands of students, out of the lakhs, qualify for admission to India’s leading engineering colleges or universities. It is one of the main reasons why most engineering students want to begin their JEE Main 2022 preparation as soon as possible. And Class 10 is an excellent starting point for this journey!
|Table of Contents|
|10 Tips for Starting JEE Main 2022 Preparation after Class 10|
10 Tips for Starting JEE Main 2022 Preparation after Class 10
Examine the entire JEE Main 2022 Syllabus
The first and basic step for every student is to understand what they will study for the JEE Main 2022 Examination. Students need to comprehensively evaluate the JEE Main 2022 Syllabus to recognise the chapters from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, that they will be required to study in Class 11 and 12 syllabi. The JEE Main covers an extensive syllabus, and the Class 11 and 12 curriculum designs the groundwork for acquiring higher concepts. When students begin JEE Main preparation, they must briefly look at the entire JEE syllabus.
The syllabus for JEE Main and JEE Advanced is almost identical. While preparing for JEE Main Examinations, students are also preparing for JEE Advanced Examination. The only difference between both examinations is the difficulty level in questions; JEE Advanced has a higher edge over JEE Mains. Thus, students do not need to prepare individually for JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Students can refer to the JEE Main 2022 Syllabus
Also See: Most Important Chapters for JEE Mains 2022
Selecting Efficient JEE Main Study Material
After evaluating the JEE Main Syllabus, students must pick the best study materials and reference books for JEE Main preparations. Students can join a coaching programme where they will receive JEE Main study material that is more than sufficient to cover the entire JEE Main syllabus. These coaching modules include theoretical and numerical concepts designed specifically from the JEE Main point of view. Students must also refer to reference NCERT textbooks books (particularly for Chemistry), as they include many solved examples and summaries of the chapters.
Best Books for JEE Main Physics
|NCERT textbooks (Classes 11 and 12)||NCERT|
|Concepts of Physics (Volume 1 and 2)||H.C. Verma|
|Understanding Physics for JEE Main & JEE Advanced (Mechanics Part 1 & 2)||D.C. Pandey|
Best Books for JEE Main Chemistry
|NCERT textbooks (Classes 11 and 12)||NCERT|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison & Boyd/ Solomon and Fryhle|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
|A Guide to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry||Peter Sykes|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
Best Books for JEE Main Maths
|NCERT textbooks (Classes 11 and 12)||NCERT|
|Differential Calculus for IIT-JEE, and
Integral Calculus for IIT-JEE
|Problems in Calculus of One Variable||I.A. Maron|
|Mathematics Textbook||R.D. Sharma|
|Calculus and Analytical Geometry||Thomas and Finney|
Construct an effective study schedule or a timetable for JEE Main
A benefit of having a daily timetable is that students know how much time they need to finish one work and move on to the next task. They know what’s going to come up next in their calendar. Starting the day according to the timetable can drive students towards achieving consistency in their preparation.
However, some students can’t stick to a schedule; it’s totally fine; they can plan their day according to their comfort zone and stamina. Students must study for at least two hours daily for their JEE Main preparations and school studies. Students must completely focus on their studies and avoid all types of distractions (particularly mobile phones and other electronic gadgets). Students must make sure they meet their daily or weekly goals.
Also See: What you Need to Know to Succeed in JEE Main 2022?
Grasp the Fundamentals Well
JEE Main is all about understanding the fundamentals. Thus, students must spend sufficient time solidifying their concepts. Students should be familiar with simple, fundamental principles before moving on to more advanced ones.
Don’t be puzzled by questions like “How should I begin?” or “When should I begin?” Students must begin their preparation with their favourite topic first. It will boost their confidence and help them prepare properly for the exam.
Also See: How to Prepare for JEE Mains 2022
Understand the theory first, then practice problems. This method will clarify the concepts better. If students face difficulties solving the problems, revise the theoretical section twice until the concepts are crystal clear. Time management and question-solving patterns are also important for clearing the JEE Main Exam, which can only be attained via dedicated practice. Continue writing notes while studying a particular topic. Don’t forget to write important key points, shortcuts, formulas, comments, and mistakes for further revision.
Enrol in Coaching Programme
Coaching is the best solution when preparing for competitive entrance exams like JEE Main. Enrolling in a good coaching program can assist students in effective preparation for JEE Main Exams. Students can ask their doubts, questions, learning techniques, or anything disturbing them in coaching lessons. Students must learn with an open mind and always complete the assigned homework and tasks on time.
Also See: JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips
Determination and consistency are key to success!
To pass the examination, students must be passionate and determined with their goals. There will be instances when students struggle to manage and understand things effectively. Here students should not give up their hopes. Continue moving towards the target/scores until not achieved. Consistency is the most important attribute for achieving our goals.
Take Short Breaks
Students are more likely to become exhausted in the preparation if they continue studying for long hours. Taking short breaks between study sessions can preserve students’ attention and concentration. Students can go for a short walk, play outdoor games, or watch something on television during break time. Doing all these activities can refresh students’ minds and bodies. They can absorb new concepts faster and thus help in improving their memorising skills.
Also See: JEE Main preparation in one month
Revise Previously Learnt Topics
IIT-JEE preparation consumes a significant amount of time. Students need to comprehend new concepts, solve new numerical questions daily, and while learning all these, they tend to forget all old conceptions from their memory. Thus, consistent revision is a must for effective preparedness for JEE Main Exams. Always go over essential issues before going to bed.
Set Small Targets
At first glance, the JEE syllabus appears to be massive. Students must separate it into smaller sections. Study one topic at a time and concentrate on completing the goals associated with that topic; once finished, move on to the next topic on the syllabus. When an exam is approaching, go through the theory and solve questions from all topics.
Measure your Learning Performance
Students must administer their performance regularly to assess their learning, speed, accuracy, and time management abilities. Because JEE Main and JEE Advanced will be computer-based exams, students must practice online mock tests regularly.
After completing a test, students must analyse the test to identify their flaws or mistakes. The target should be to improve the soft spots and avoid making the same errors in a future test. In this manner, with each test students take during the preparation, they can enhance their scorecards.
Visual Story: When to Start Preparing for JEE Main 2022
What is the Right Age to Start JEE Entrance Exam Preparation?
The best JEE Main Exam preparation plan involves an overall exam strategy, the effective study material, practising mock tests, answering previous year’s JEE Main papers, and an effective study schedule. By putting all of this into action, JEE applicants can gain an advantage over their opponents and better understand the ideas taught in school. As a result, they would be able to ace the JEE Main Exams.
1. How to prepare for the IIT-JEE Main 2022 Exams after Class 10?
Here are some important points to remember when beginning preparation for JEE Main 2022 after Class 10.
- Examine the JEE Main 2022 syllabus entirely.
- Explore the reference books and study materials needed for JEE Main 2022 prep.
- Make a study schedule or a timetable.
- Understand the fundamentals, reinforce concepts, and develop a problem-solving attitude.
- Register in a coaching programme for methodical and guided preparation.
- Stay focused and committed to the target.
- Take short breaks in between long periods of study.
- Continue to review the previously learned topics.
- Concentrate on small targets to obtain desired results.
- Evaluate one’s learning process and take considerable measures to improve the performance.
2. Suggest subject-wise preparation tips for students preparing for JEE Main Exams.
The JEE Main Exam is split into three segments: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Because all three areas are equally significant, candidates must make sure that they understand the syllabus for all three sections properly. Here are some section-by-section preparation recommendations for JEE Main Exams:
JEE Main Physics
Physics is all about concepts and principles. The subject can become more challenging at times, notably when the questions become more intellectual. It is a topic that many JEE Main hopefuls loathe, and many of them surrender to Physics very quickly. But if practised effectively, Physics can become the most scoring unit in JEE Main Examination. Therefore, it is necessary to understand particular topics’ degree of difficulty and weightage.
Also See: JEE Main Physics Important Notes
JEE Main Chemistry
Chemistry is a topic that many JEE hopefuls avoid because it requires a lot of memorising. However, most chemical principles are pretty apparent and rational if learned correctly. The JEE Main Chemistry is split into three units- Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry.
Also See: JEE Main Chemistry Important Topics
JEE Main Exam Prep: Important Chemistry Chapters you Should not Skip
JEE Main Mathematics
Because of the vast wide range of topics covered, JEE Mathematics is believed to have a comprehensive syllabus. In addition, the Mathematics syllabus for JEE Main, Advanced, and board exams is different. As a result, applicants find it incredibly challenging to manage the subject. To overcome this issue, applicants must play smart and concentrate on high-weightage sections.
Also See: JEE Main Maths Important Topics
3. Suggest some quick tips and tricks for preparing well for JEE Main Exams.
Expert advice and tactics are quite useful during the preparation process. It helps in making preparation smoother. It ensures attaining a goal in a much more efficient manner. Check out the JEE Main preparation tips & strategies listed below.
- Take brief notes on key formulas and subjects and study these brief revision notes for effective study.
- Study regularly and adhere to the schedule.
- Re-read the concepts studied daily.
- Complete chapter-by-chapter mock tests after finishing a chapter and solve full-length mock tests after finishing the entire curriculum.
- Exercise time management skills. Students must use their three hours in the exam hall properly and without stress.
4. What action plan should I follow for clearing the JEE Main Exam in a single attempt?
Students must follow these action plans to clear JEE Main Exam in a single attempt.
- Study a section and understand its fundamentals well. NCERT textbooks are excellent for this.
- Make a note of significant facts and formulas when learning. These brief comments will come in handy during revision.
- After studying it, students must check how much they can remember and how well they understood the chapter or topic.
- Practice plenty of questions. When practising, avoid going straight for the solution. Students must try to solve the problems independently, make mistakes, and then correct them. This phase will teach students how to crack JEE Main.
- After finishing the subject, take a JEE Main mock test.
- Use the analysis to identify the weaknesses and work on improving these soft spots while revising the topic.
5. Suggest an effective timetable for JEE Main applicants.
All Class 11 students must follow this timetable for effective JEE Main Exam preparations.
- Begin with school textbooks and go through the fundamentals thoroughly.
- Then, go back to the JEE Main study material and answer as many questions as possible.
- Aim to administer a JEE Main study material test once every 15 days and ensure that the paper pattern matches the JEE Main Examination pattern.
- Maintain a weekly revision day for both school and JEE syllabuses and any possible queues accumulated during the week.
- Aim to complete the Class 11 syllabus before the end of the year and begin the Class 12 syllabus in January.
- Please take a little break before moving on to the further topic to keep yourself motivated before beginning the next section.
Leave a Reply