Monday, June 27, 2016
Students spend a great amount of time preparing for engineering entrance exams but cracking the entrance is only the beginning. The real battle is: deciding which branch to choose keeping all the factors in mind. The branch you choose will decide everything you will do in the 4 years of college and will determine your entire career. The standard choices are computer science, electrical, civil & mechanical. However, there are branches which you may not have explored like biotechnology, marine, instrumentation, chemical, aeronautical etc. Choosing the right branch can be a rigorous process. Here are some tips which will make this a little easy for you:
- Choose the branch according your interests: Keep aside the scope of work, money involved etc. and just think about your passion. If you are doing something you are passionate about, you will have a happy and successful work life. You should never be stuck in a field you aren’t interested in. Think about the little things that interest you and you may know which field you are interested in.
- Cut offs: Scoring good marks is essential to one’s successful career. Securing a good college can set you apart from the rest and give you the advantage of better faculty, teaching methods and overall personal growth. Student from good colleges are recruited by companies on priority basis and are given a better salary package
- Prioritize- Identify assignments or projects that will require extra time and thought and make sure to allot adequate time to each so you don’t miss out on anything.
- Target the Best College/University: No one can stop you from being successful if you put in enough hard work but most importantly know about the colleges that specialize in your area of interest. Don’t take up a course based on how popular it is or based on a popular college fest. You must research and ask around before deciding to spend rest of your crucial years and money in a college that does not specialize in your preferred field.
- Plan your every move: A degree is just a beginning and not the destination. You need to think of your plan after that. So the best thing to do here would be, ‘ask’. Reach out to professionals and inquire about job prospects, industrial knowhow etc Ask as many questions as possible and indulge in intensive research before you choose a career path.
- Peer Pressure: Most of us know about ‘Peer Pressure’. But only few know how to handle it. The worst thing that you can do is compare yourself to others and make decisions based on their course of action. If questions such as ‘shall I opt for the course as my xyz friend did?’ or ‘what kind of friends will I make in college?’, bother you, don’t let them! Nothing can really impact your life as much as your own actions do. So stay calm and focus on what’s important.
So stay calm, research, ask, do whatever it takes but avoid falling for colleges that lure students promising them extraordinary careers placements opportunities and careers.
Aakash Education Services Limited is now on Telegram. To get all the latest information, tips & tricks, answer solutions for the latest ongoing exams. Subscribe to Aakash on Telegram.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.
Leave a Reply