When the exams are approaching, we get to hear a lot of self-help myths from our friends and relatives. While they give good advice to help us, sometimes it’s okay to avoid a few of the things that they say.
Here are a few most common myths that you might actually believe but aren’t entirely true:
1. Trying to ace exams will leave you with no time to have fun or pursue any of your hobbies.Truth: When exams are around the corner, you have to put in extra effort and time to make sure you do well but that doesn’t mean you have to ignore your hobbies! You can always take out some time to have fun. This will give you the much needed break and refresh your mind!
2. Last minute studying doesn’t work Truth: It is always better to have a plan and be completely prepared before the exam so you don’t have to rush in the last hour. But last minute study can be useful sometimes. There is no reason to believe that you won’t be able to recall the things you learn in the last minute.
3. It’s essential to study every day, no exception Truth: If you have a plan and you’re sticking to it, you can always take a day off every now and then. This myth only exists so you can stick to a schedule and be more disciplined but if you have that in control and you are responsible, then go ahead and take a day off!
4. You tend to forget the things you study too much Truth: This is said because anxiety can lead to you forgetting things in the exam. But, revision is the best way to ensure great results. Reviewing topics that you feel anxious about are good as it is absolutely important for you to get your concepts right!
5. Study skills cannot be learned Truth: According to this myth, either you can study well or you can’t. This is an absurd belief that people have. You can study well if you learn to focus and work hard. It is important to have a strategy. Adapt new learning strategies and you will surely excel in your exams!
We hope that you are now clear about these myths! Instead of believing the things people say, just believe in yourself. Focus, work hard, always have a plan and stick to it! You will surely achieve great results! Best of luck!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.