Thursday, February 25, 2016
Class 12th Board exams are extremely crucial but managing time between the board exam and preparation for various competitive exams can be quite tricky. How does one manage to prepare for both, especially those who are preparing for Medical and Engineering entrance exams? Let’s focus on Engineering and Medical entrance exams which test your knowledge in physics, chemistry, mathematics or biology.
- Identical test syllabus: Students who are appearing for JEE (Main) and AIPMT should remember that the syllabus for these exams is the same as that of the boards exams. AIPMT and JEE are conducted by CBSE. It is extremely important for students to revise the important chapters regularly while preparing for JEE & AIPMT.
- Testing pattern: Students should remember that the question pattern of board exams is different from the multiple-choice question pattern that is followed in competitive exams like JEE and AIPMT. Therefore, it is crucial for students to keep practicing mock papers for competitive exams along with preparing for Board exams.
- Revision schedule: There are 5 subjects that you need to prepare for the board exams, it is important for you to allocate time to each of the subjects. Make sure to make a proper plan where you can give enough time to the subjects according to your strengths and weaknesses.
- Focus: For JEE, 40% weight-age is given to 12th board marks and that’s why you should not be careless about your board exams. Even though there is no direct impact of the Board marks on the admission process for exams other than JEE, you should always give your best to the Board exams.
- Have patience: Preparation for exams lasts a few months, you should build endurance so you can stay focused and don’t let distractions get to you. Maintain your concentration level and stay healthy. Get regular sleep and eat a balanced diet!
Take a break during long hours of preparation and read the newspaper to increase general awareness. The key to success for a good performance in board exams or any competitive exam is to remain focused & keep high level of concentration.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.