The JEE Main 2022 session 2 examinations will take place from 25 July – 30 July 2022. Students enrolled for the IIT JEE Main 2022 session 2 examinations must thoroughly read the guidelines and instructions that the NTA (National Testing Agency) has provided for the JEE Main 2022 examination day. Reading the guidelines can avoid any last-minute faults or miscommunication. Students can find these guidelines and instructions often published by NTA on their official webpage together with the admit card. Additionally, these guidelines include all the necessary information in the JEE Main 2022 information booklet. Before taking the examination, students should review the information.
The JAB (JEE Apex Board) has released examination guidelines for the COVID-19 outbreak. These instructions outline appropriate behaviours for COVID, security procedures at examination centres, objects permitted inside the centre, etc.
Students should be informed of the examination day’s detailsthe processes they must follow before the examination, the arriving time, and other crucial details. With this, there are several guidelines that students must follow on the examination day, including the dress code, the documentation that they must bring, the stationery requirements, and more. To learn more, keep reading!
JEE Main 2022 Session 2: Important Guidelines
Students taking the JEE 2022 must follow the rules and guidelines for the examination day. Besides the JEE Main 2022 admit card, NTA has announced some other guidelines for the students appearing for the JEE Main 2022 session 2 examinations. Understanding these different JEE Main 2022 guidelines is one of the crucial steps for students as it enables them to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
With the help of these instructions, students will be able to understand more about D-Day and also get an insight on what to bring and what not to bring, as well as the dos and don’ts, question paper patterns, and reporting timings, etc. All engineering students can take the JEE Main 2022 exam in two sessions. Following the JEE Main 2022 examination day instructions will guarantee students a seamless examination experience.
Also See: JEE Main Session 2 Question Paper Difficulty Level
The JEE Main 2022 session 2 exam day procedures are listed below, and each student is required to follow them:
- Students are recommended to be at the examination centre two hours before the beginning of the examination.
- Students should arrive at the exam hall by the mentioned reporting time specified on their JEE Main 2022 session 2 admit card.
- Students won’t be permitted to enter the JEE Main 2022 examination hall after the gate closes. Similarly, they won’t be permitted to leave the examination hall until the test is finished.
- It is recommended that students wearing special clothing for religious reasons arrive at the examination hall beforehand so they can go through a full inspection and required frisking.
- The students must arrive at the examination hall with their JEE Main 2022 session 2 admit card and other necessary paperwork. Under no circumstances will the Centre Superintendent allow a student to sit for the examination if they do not have their NTA JEE Main 2022 admit card or hall ticket.
- Students must properly fill out the self-declaration form, attach their passport-sized photo, and place their left-hand thumbprint in the designated location before arriving at the JEE Main 2022 examination centres.
- Students must strictly adhere to the instructions received by the centre administrator and invigilators.
- Students must simultaneously provide their printed or downloaded copy of the admit card from the official NTA website for entry into the examination hall or room. The on-duty test centre personnel are permitted to authenticate the presence of applicants and may take action to confirm and authenticate the identity documents. Applicants are urged to offer their full assistance. The Centre Superintendent will never, under any circumstances, allow a student to attempt the examination if they do not carry a genuine admit card and authorised photo ID.
- The applicant must verify that the question paper on the computer corresponds to the subject(s) they selected, as specified on their admit card. If the question paper’s subject differs from the one, the student should inform the invigilator in question.
- During the exam, applicants may speak with the invigilator or superintendent in the examination room if they need technical support, emergency first aid, or any other assistance.
- Students must maintain social distance from others.
- According to the roll numbers mentioned in the admit cards, students should immediately find their seats in the examination hall following the room’s opening. They can check on and read the examination instructions before the exam starts.
- The examination authority will provide students with a pen or pencil and blank paper for rough work.
- As soon as students receive the examination sheets, they must write their name and roll number at the top of their sheet. Before exiting the examination room, students must return their answer sheets to the invigilator.
- Students must fill out the attendance sheet with the necessary information, sign it, and paste their photo in the designated spot.
- Students must ensure that the imprint of their left thumb is legible and does not smear on the attendance sheet.
- The PwD certification issued by the appropriate authority must be brought to the examination centre by students seeking the PwD reservation.
Students can call the helpline numbers listed on the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2022 official website with any questions or concerns regarding the computer-based test.
JEE Main 2022 Session 2: Covid-19 Guidelines
Since the covid-19 outbreak, JAB-NTA has issued special guidelines for students appearing for the JEE Main 2022 session 2 examination. Students must sign and fill out the self-declaration form issued with the JEE Main 2022 admit card, following the guidance provided by the centre.
The form’s purpose was to gather information regarding the student’s recent travel history and any covid-19 symptoms that needed to be addressed. Students must adhere to the covid-19 rules and advice issued by JEE Main 2022 to maintain the secure and efficient administration of the examination.
Before the beginning of the examination, proper standard operating procedures will be put in place to ensure safety and preserve the necessary level of sanitation. The seating environment will be sanitised, including the chair, desk, keyboard, camera, and mouse. Lift buttons, door handles, and stair rails will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
Students appearing for the JEE 2022 session 2 examinations must strictly adhere to the following covid-19 guidelines. These are listed below:
- Students must keep a 6-foot distance between one another. The centre will set up floor markers.
- A student must take the examination in a separate room if their body temperature exceeds the covid-19 standards.
- Students can only sign the attendance form after sanitising their hands.
- After showing it to the invigilator, students must drop their JEE Main 2022 hall ticket or admit card and rough sheet into the box.
Check our visual story on JEE Main 2022 Session 2 Admit Card Download Guide
JEE Main 2022 Session 2: Exam Timing Guidelines
Students can find the JEE Main 2022 session 2 exam schedule and timing below. The instructional brochure and the JEE Main 2022 examination schedule have both been available on the JAB-NTA website. The table below contains the examination timing guidelines for students appearing in the JEE Main 2022 session 2 exams.
Students can check the JEE Main 2022 Important Dates here.
|Activities||Morning Shift||Afternoon Shift|
|Examination Timings||9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon||3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (6:30 PM for Paper 2)|
|Examination Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours (3:30 hours for Paper 2)|
|Examination Centre (Entry Timings)||7:30 AM to 8:30 AM||2:00 PM to 2:30 PM|
|JEE Main 2022 Invigilator Instructions Timings||Between 8:30 AM to 8:50 AM||Between 2:30 PM to 2:50 PM|
|JEE Main 2022 Students Instructions Reading Timings||8:50 AM||2:50 PM|
JEE Main 2022 Session 2: Quick Do’s Guidelines
- Keep the JEE Main 2022 admit card with oneself at all times.
- Verify that the system or computer assigned is in good functioning order.
- Make sure that all of the information on the attendance sheet is accurate and that all signatures are made in the designated column or spot.
- Show the admit card or hall ticket whenever required by the invigilator.
- Always listen to the invigilator’s instructions at the start, midpoint, and just before the examination concludes.
- Attempt simple and medium-level questions first because they have the same marking and take less time.
JEE Main 2022 Session 2: Quick Don’ts Guidelines
- Students should not get demoralised if they are unable to answer the questions. It is essential to have trust in oneself.
- If you are having trouble with a particular question, try not to worry while trying to solve it. Don’t waste time or energy on one question; proceed to another.
- Don’t put yourself through needless stress by wearing uncomfortable clothing to examinations.
- Never orally think about solutions to questions; instead, record them in writing.
- Even after students have finished the exam, stay inside the room. Wait until the time given has passed.
- Never attempt to answer a question quickly.
Students must make sure they pay attention to and adhere to the guidelines and instructions that will be announced by the invigilator before the beginning of the examination, in addition to the guidelines that have already been presented. Thus, students are asked to reach the examination centre a half-hour before the examination timings. Additionally, it is encouraged that the applicants refrain from speaking or handing paper chits during the examination and from employing unfair methods in general. All students discovered employing unethical methods during the examination will be penalised or disqualified.