The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 is finally happening on September 13, 2020 after having been postponed twice. This has definitely brought some relief to the NEET aspirants across the country who have been preparing so hard for this day. While it is important for students to be prepared for the exam, it is also essential for them to be well prepared for the NEET exam day.
If you are also one of the many NEET aspirants, here are some vital tips for the NEET exam day that you should keep in mind in order to smoothly cruise through one of the coveted medical entrance examinations in the country.
Before the Exam:
- On the day of the exam, do not study anything, have a healthy breakfast and get ready for the big day. Arrange all the important things for the exam such as your NEET Admit Card, Valid Govt. Identity Proof, Face Mask, Hand Gloves, a pocket-size hand sanitizer and a transparent water bottle. Do not carry any barred items with you. Reach the examination centre well in advance as per your reporting time. Given the circumstances, there will be long queues at the entry for temperature checking etc. Please follow social distancing norms at all times.
- Strictly avoid heavy food on the NEET exam day as it will make you feel lazy and lethargic. Instead, opt for a sandwich, have fruits, and munch on some nuts that will keep you high on energy. A light meal will give you the required boost for the exam and you will be able to approach the exam with the right attitude.
- If you feel anxious or nervous, listen to some light music. It will have a soothing effect on your mind and help you to stay calm. You will feel at peace and will be able to write the exam without stressing yourself.
- As NEET will be conducted in the afternoon, understand that you will be taking the exam on a hot summer afternoon. Lack of water can result in weakness. You might develop heat exhaustion, feel dizzy or have a headache which can severely affect your exam. It is, thus, imperative to keep yourself properly hydrated to be able to beat the heat and write the exam well.
During the Exam:
- Read the instructions mentioned on the test booklet very carefully.
- Do not panic just by looking at the question paper. Sometimes the questions appear to be difficult but it gets better once you start attempting the questions. Stay positive and have faith in your abilities.
- Stick to your exam-taking strategy. This is not the time to experiment with anything new. Start with your strongest subject first or as you used to during your preparation. Also, avoid tossing from one subject to another. Complete one subject by answering all the questions you can correctly and then move on to the next.
- Read the questions very carefully and do not rush through the paper. Pay attention to specific keywords as these can help you to get closer to the right option.
- Do not get stuck at any question. Time management is the key to succeed in NEET. Maintain your speed and accuracy throughout the exam. Spending more than the required time on a question will hamper your overall efficiency.
- Rough work should be done systematically and in an organised way. Always mention the question number in front of the rough work. This will help you greatly during revision and you will not have to waste your valuable time in searching for which solution belongs to which particular question.
- Do not skip lengthy and tough-looking questions as procrastination may leave you gasping for the time in the end. Try to approach such questions logically and analytically before going past them.
- Do not linger on the marking of the answers on the OMR sheet towards the end. There may not be enough time and you may end up marking the wrong bubbles. Instead, refrain from committing such errors and focus on marking the answers simultaneously and discreetly.
- In case of doubt, shift your focus from locating the correct option to eliminating the wrong options first. This approach may bring you closer to the right answer and help save your precious time.
- Do not forget to attempt the questions you left in the first round. Whenever you skip a question, highlight it so that you can come back to it later.
- Last but not the least, stay positive and have faith in your abilities.