Students who are aiming to pursue medicine as a career are aware how important it is to cross the hurdle and crack the NEET Exam. Getting an excellent rank increases a person’s chance of securing a seat in one of the top medical colleges. NEET being a highly competitive exam requires constant belief in your abilities. We at Aakash are highly committed to providing the best resources to our students and help them achieve their dreams.
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), for admissions to MBBS/BDS in India. All the top medical and dental colleges that are approved by Medical Council of India are eligible to admit students in the above courses through the NEET Score.
We have prepared a complete list of everything that you want to know about NEET, right from the NEET Exam pattern, to the important dates, eligibility and more.
NEET Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|Number of Questions||180 Multiple Choice Questions; with negative marking|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany|
|Question Paper Languages||English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Oriya, Kannada|
Subject Number of Multiple Choice Questions
Marking Scheme for NEET 2018
- The question paper will carry a maximum of 720 marks, divided equally among 180 questions.
- All questions will be Multiple choice type, with four options and only one correct answer
- 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- There will be negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Only 1 correct answer per question is allowed
- Use only black/blue ball point pen to mark answers.
- Multiple answers to a single question will be taken as an incorrect answer.
Eligibility for NEET 2018
To appear for NEET 2018, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Nationality – Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizens of India, Non-Resident Indians, Person of Indian Origin, and Foreign Nationals
Age Limit –
- Minimum – 17 years at the time of admission or complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of admission
- Maximum – 25 years as on the date of conduct of examination, relaxation of 5 years for students from OBC/ST/SC category.
Qualification – Students applying for NEET 2018, should have passed or appeared for the 12th or equivalent exam from any board recognized by the Government of India; with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. Minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and should have passed all subjects individually, while the criteria for the same is 40% for the students from reserved category.
Aadhar Card – Aadhar Card is not mandatory for all students appearing for NEET 2018.
|The start of NEET 2018 application process||8th February 2018|
|The Last date to submit NEET 2018 application form||12th March 2018|
|Last date to pay fee||13th March 2018|
|Admit cards can be downloaded from||17th April 2018|
|Date of examination||6th May 2018|
|OMR answer sheet can be downloaded from||Last Week of May (tentative)|
|Declaration of Results||5th June 2018|
For more thorough details, please visit the official CBSE website and read the Information Bulletin.
We at Aakash wish you all the best. Here’s hoping you come out with flying colours.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.