To know “What to study for NEET 2018?” a student first needs to be familiar with “the NEET 2018 Question Paper pattern”. Once a candidate is aware of the question paper pattern, he/she can make an effective study plan to attempt the maximum number of questions in a limited time.
The answer to “how to get a good rank in NEET 2018” lies in getting a good idea of the NEET 2018 paper pattern followed by a right preparation strategy for the exam. NEET 2018 question paper pattern basically includes the total number of questions, different sections and the number of questions in them. Though CBSE informs candidates about the question paper pattern, solving previous year question papers and taking NEET 2018 mock test is also a good idea to get a better understanding of the same.
NEET 2018 is the entrance exam for undergraduate MBBS/BDS Courses across top medical colleges of the Country. The exam is conducted by CBSE every year at around 2,000 examination centres in 150 cities across India. NEET 2018 will be conducted on May 06, 2018 in pen-and-paper form. The NEET 2018 syllabus is prescribed by MCI. It is a common syllabus prepared on the lines of 11th and 12th class syllabus of state boards across the country. Along with the other details like dates, application forms, eligibility criteria and fees, CBSE also gives information about NEET 2018 question paper pattern in the official notification.
NEET Important Dates and Exam Day Schedule
Date of Exam – 6 May 2018
Declaration of Results – June 05, 2018
NEET 2018 Question Paper Pattern
|Mode of the Examination||Offline Mode (i.e. Pen and Paper based)|
|Total No. of Questions||180 (Objective Type)|
|NEET Question Pattern||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Duration||3 Hours (10 AM to 1 PM)|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for every correct response and
-1 for each incorrect answer
|Total No. of Sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)|
|Maximum Marks||720 Marks|
NEET 2018 Question Paper Pattern – Number of Questions in Each Section
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||90|
The language of the exam as per NEET 2018 Question Paper Pattern
NEET 2018 will be conducted in 11 languages. Hindi and English are common languages. Availability of question papers in other languages depends on the language selected by the candidates while filling the application form of NEET 2018.
Availability of NEET 2018 question papers in regional languages
|S. No.||The language of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|1||English and Hindi||All Examination Centres|
|2||English and Urdu||All Examination Centres|
|3||English and Assamese||Examination Centres in Assam|
|4||English and Bengali||Examination Centres in West Bengal|
|5||English and Gujarati||Examination Centres in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|6||English and Marathi||Examination Centres in Maharashtra|
|7||English and Tamil||Examination Centres in Tamil Nadu|
|8||English and Telugu||Examination Centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|9||English and Oriya||Examination Centres in Odisha|
|11||English and Kannada||Examination Centres in Karnataka|
Things to remember for NEET 2018
NEET 2018 Subject-wise tips
- NCERT is the bible
- Highlight and concentrate on the important keywords
- Read and revise through summary
- Memorize important formulas
- Solve as many MCQ’s as possible to strengthen MCQ’s
- Read, write, reread and revise inorganic chemistry and important Name reactions in Organic Chemistry.
NEET 2018 Preparation Tips
NEET 2018 is now just a few days away. This is the time for the final revision. Here are a few NEET 2018 preparation tips for the candidates.
- Follow NEET 2018 Preparation strategy: Smart and serious NEET 2018 preparation will make you feel confident and less nervous on the exam day.
- Focus on concepts, Avoid parrot-fashion learning: It is essential to clearly understand the concepts rather than cramming up. Strong concepts not only increase your interest in the subject but also keep the stress and confusion away. Solving as many questions as possible is the key to make the concepts strong.
- Online Preparation and revision: Digital learning through online videos explains to you a way that helps you understand things easily. You can explore them in accordance to your personal level of intelligence and interpretation.
- Study Course Material and class notes: The Course Material and class notes are a combination of dedicated efforts of the best educated and experienced teachers. They must never be ignored or taken lightly.
- Tune into the rhythm of exam schedule: Practice previous year question papers and mock tests at the Examination timings in an exam like environment. Attempt the NEET 2018 practice question papers and mock tests for three hours continuously without break. It will activate your brain and speed up your understanding-solving process.
NEET 2018 Admit Card
The Admit Cards are expected to be out anytime soon. Candidates will be able to download NEET 2018 admit cards from the official website of CBSE once it releases the same. Candidates with valid admit card only be allowed to sit for the exam. Make sure you download it before the last date and check all the details from the spelling of your name to the signature, photograph, exam schedule and examination centre.
Having knowledge of NEET 2018 question paper pattern will definitely help you make an effective strategy for the D-day. Solve as many sample papers and mock tests as you can to get a strong command on the question papers.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.