Nearly 10 lakh aspirants appear in the JEE Mains Examination every year. Out of these 10 lakh candidates, only the students who can attain the top 50,000 ranks get admitted into elite institutions like NIIT and IITs. Therefore, the competition is hard and real, and only those who are aware of the ways to work hard and smart simultaneously will succeed in this game and manage to get to the top ranks in the JEE Main Rankings 2022. The phrase “survival of the fittest and smartest” can best explain the struggles faced by the students facing this competitive exam.
|Table of Contents|
|Most Important NCERT Maths Chapters for JEE Main 2022|
|Priority-wise Grading of Chapters|
|Least Important Maths Chapters for JEE Main 2022|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Most Important NCERT Maths Chapters for JEE Main Exam 2022
As Mathematics is the bread and butter of the JEE Mains examination, let us discuss the most important and scoring chapters in Mathematics so that you know what to focus on and how much to focus on to attain that dream score.
Following are the most important chapters from the perspective of the current JEE Mains 2022 Exam Pattern.
|CLASS 11 TOPICS||CLASS 12 TOPICS|
|Quadratic Equation||Vector & 3D|
|Mathematical Reasoning||Integral Calculus|
|Sequence and Series||ITF|
As you can see, the knowledge of NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths and NCERT Solutions Class 11 Maths is part and parcel of the JEE Main 2022 Syllabus and is, therefore, very important for your JEE Mains EXAM. To understand why these Chapters are important, here is the individual assessment of these chapters based on an analysis of previous year’s JEE Mains papers.
We will also discuss how you should cover these chapters, what things to keep in mind, and how many days approximately one chapter will need to be completed. All these suggestions have been prepared by the latest JEE Mains 22 Exam pattern. If you want to learn about these topics in detail, check the JEE Main Exam. You will find the guidelines for every chapter and an overview of the JEE MAINS Previous Year Question Papers in JEE Previous Year Questions.
- Quadratic Equation: An in-depth knowledge of this chapter’s basic concepts can help you score at least 1 question in the upcoming exam. This chapter is quite important if you want to crack JEE Main 2022.
- Statistics: This chapter should take approximately 1-2 days to finish. Analysis shows that 1 question is expected in the JEE 2022 paper from this chapter every year.
- Mathematical reasoning: This chapter will approximately consume 1-2 days. According to the analysis of the JEE Mains Previous Year Question Papers, the examiner tends to include at least 1 question from this chapter every year.
- Relations: Again, this chapter will take around 1-2 days to cover. One question is expected to appear in the exam from here.
- Sequence and Series: This is a relatively lengthy chapter, so investing 3-4 days in understanding its concepts is reasonable. 1-2 questions from this chapter are expected to come in the JEE Mains Paper 2022. If you think you are weak in Class 11 subjects, having studied those a long time back, go through those again.
- Vector 3D: Again, a relatively lengthier one, but to learn the concepts, 5-6 days can be fairly assigned to this chapter. Every year the paper contains 3-4 questions from this chapter. Vector 3D is the most important scoring chapter as far as JEE Mains Exams are concerned; make sure to go through the previous year’s NCERT Questions and JEE Mains Previous Year Question Papers for practising questions regarding this chapter.
- Differential calculus and Integral Calculus: These chapters constitute around 1/3rd of the entire syllabus, and around eight questions are expected from these particular chapters every year. Should you give sufficient time to these topics, your dream of cracking JEE Mains 2022 will be a little nearer.
- Matrix-Determinant: will require 3-4 days to finish. Studying the basic concepts of this chapter in detail is likely to get your one question done in the exam.
- ITF: it is a one-sitting chapter and will require only 1-2 days to finish it, approximately. You can expect 1-2 questions in the exam from this chapter.
These chapters will take roughly 34 days to cover, and these last few months are no less to dive into them. Also, from these chapters, you are likely to expect around 17-18 questions which can help you gain a solid grip on the JEE Mains Exam 2022 Question Paper. These chapters’ basic concepts have been discussed in detail in the JEE Main Maths Syllabus.
Priority-wise grading of chapters
Having discussed the most important Maths Chapters for JEE Mains Exam 2022, we will now classify these chapters according to priority level.
Priority 1 Chapters:
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Application of Derivatives
- Binomial theorem
- Vector & 3D
The above four chapters are expected to constitute 1/4th of your JEE Mains Paper. If you want to know more about JEE Mains paper weightage, check JEE Main Exam Pattern.
Priority 2 Chapters:
- Differential Equation
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Quadratic Equation
- Vector algebra
Priority 3 chapters:
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Trigonometric Equations
Least Important Maths chapters for JEE Main Exam 2022
Based on analysis of the JEE Mains Previous Year Question Papers and the level of difficulty vs productivity, the least important chapters from NCERT Maths for JEE Mains 2022 are discussed as follows:
- Limits: The probability of a question coming in the exam from this chapter is bleak compared to other important chapters. Around 0.8 (less than 1) question comes from this chapter in the exam every year. Moreover, this chapter’s questions don’t appear in the exam every year.
- Circle: Although you might expect questions from this topic in your exam, it is a relatively difficult chapter involving tricky geometrical problems. Students fail to solve the questions around this topic in the exam most of the time.
- Parabola: You don’t necessarily need to dive deep into this topic. Sticking to the basics and revising previous year’s exam questions can help you solve this chapter’s questions.
- Inverse trigonometric functions, Trigonometric Equations, Hyperbola, Set and Relations, properties of the triangle, and Heights and Distances. Based on the analysis of previous year’s Questions Papers, all these chapters tend to collectively fetch only 2-3 questions from the question paper, which is not very significant. Due to their less weightage, it is advisable to study or revise these chapters in the end, after you have already covered the important chapters for the exam as discussed above. Check HC Verma Solutions and Maths Concepts if you need a quick resource to revise these topics.
It would help if you did not assume that you could skip these topics. We are only guiding you with the list of important chapters which cover most of the weightage as far as JEE Mains is concerned so that you can aim to score as many marks as possible.
This way, you can start to plan to strengthen your concepts in the subject of Mathematics. No matter how hard you study, being confident and believing in yourself is incredibly important to crack any competitive examination. Having ample resources at your fingertips like no one can stop you from your dream of cracking JEE 2022 Examination.
If you always want to stay focused and on track, keep checking JEE Main Syllabus for the previous year’s papers, guidelines, study resources, etc., to cover the syllabus well before the JEE Mains 22 Exam Dates. Also, although we have discussed only the important chapters for Mathematics here, due to the increased competitive nature of the exam, it is important to revise JEE Mains 22 Important Chapters from all three subjects.
If you want to have a quick revision of the other two subjects, you can find those here JEE Main Physics Syllabus, JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus. It’s never too late; you still have enough time left. All you need to do is keep up with your hard work, motivation, and determination. We hope you can secure your desired seats in your dream colleges. All the best, and keep fighting!
1. How can I prepare for the JEE Mains Examination?
Following are some helpful JEE Mains Preparation Tips:
- Every night, make a time where you note down the topics you intend to cover the next day.
- Try to follow that timetable religiously.
- Go through the chapter wise and topic wise revision of the previous year’s question papers of JEE Mains.
- Make sure to attend JEE Mock tests 2022 every day starting from 1 month before the exam. If you want to attend quick mock tests for practising, go to JEE Main Mock Test.
- Remember that revision is the key. How much you remember at the end of the day is more important than how much you manage to study.
- Know the important chapters and revise those again and again towards the end of your preparation.
2. What is the most important NCERT Maths Chapter for JEE 2022?
Based on the analysis of the JEE Mains Previous Year Question Papers, the chapter from which the maximum number of Questions tend to come in the exam every year is Vector 3D. So, it should be your first chapter to start from. It is a relatively lengthier one, but 5-6 days can be fairly assigned to this chapter to learn the concepts.
Every year the paper contains 3-4 questions from this chapter. Vector 3D is the most important and scoring chapter as far as JEE Mains Exams are concerned; make sure to go through the previous year’s NCERT Questions from this chapter. If you think you are lacking concerning this chapter and need more revisions, check
3. What is the secret to cracking JEE Mains Exam 2022?
To crack any competitive exam, you need guidance, discipline, and obedience. All the guidance you possibly need for cracking the JEE Mains 2022 Exam can be found here. Obedience means that you follow all the guidelines we provide, and discipline involves following your plan with patience and perseverance. Also, go through the chapter-wise and topic-wise revision of the previous year’s question papers of JEE Mains as the exam follows more or less the same pattern over the years. Following all this advice, you can realize your dream of seeing your name towards the top in the JEE Main 2022 Rankings.
4. What are the JEE Mains 2022 Eligibility Criteria?
Any student who has passed the 12th class or equivalent exam in the Year 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2022 can get the JEE Mains 2022 Eligibility and fill up the JEE Main 2022 Form. If you are still confused and need more information regarding the same, check JEE Main Eligibility Criteria. If you want still to have more information regarding the upcoming JEE MAIN Examination, like where to get the JEE Main 2022 Application form, check JEE Main Application Form and JEE Mains Important Dates
5. Is the JEE Main easy?
Well, no exam is easy or hard. If any student is willing to work hard with consistency and give their best, they can crack any exam. If you look around you, you will find that even average students have passed JEE Exams in the past. Just be strong and give your best. Success is near.
6. How many questions are there in JEE Mains 2022?
There are 105 questions in JEE Mains 2022 EXAM, which constitute 400 marks in total. The examination is supposed to go on for 3 hours, and it is MCQ-based. Questions will have numerical value as answers will also be a part of the exam.