Considering the alarming increase in the number of COVID 19 patients, Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal announced that the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main and National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET 2020) will now be held in September. As per the schedule, JEE Main was to be conducted in April and NEET in May. Due to the pandemic spread these exams were rescheduled in July.
On the mentioned decision, a mixed reaction is coming out from the students. On one hand, some are considering this good as they have got more time to prepare for JEE Main and NEET while on the other some are unhappy as they are not able to retain focus because of the rescheduling of the exam. They said that they have lost the drive of studies and are not able to focus at all. Many students said that since they had stopped taking mock tests and were not doing any sessions from any coaching centres, they had begun losing hold on the topics and had somehow started forgetting all that they had learned.
Here are some tips to utilize remaining approx 1 month in JEE/NEET preparation during this lockdown:
1. Make Revision Schedule: The extra time can best be utilized by revising the subjects, concepts, formulae that you have already prepared. Making a practical revision plan for each subject can be highly helpful in achieving great results. Also, don’t forget to include fellow daily activities rather than keeping it all about study. This way your interest will be intact in following the same.
Always try and focus on understanding the concepts rather than mugging it up.
2. Attention to Important Topics: In your study time table give more attention to important topics. Focusing on the important topics during the last few days is what all is needed.
3. Online Practice: During this lockdown period online practice is the most effective way to take the JEE preparation to the next level. Online mock tests, sample papers, previous years’ papers will help you understand the JEE exam well. Solve maximum online practice papers to assess your level of preparation. Clearing Topic-wise doubts will boost your confidence.
4. Enroll yourself for a Crash Course: We at Aakash have introduced 3 Specialised Crash Courses for Students aspiring for NEET 2020 and JEE 2020 keeping in mind the different sets of requirements of all NEET/JEE aspirants across the country.
If you were all set for NEET/JEE 2020 Exam in July, this is the time and courses you have in hand to give your preparation one final boost to make sure you crack NEET/JEE 2020 in September with impressive rank to get into your Dream College.
Crash Courses will help you to plan your revision and clear all doubts which are important for NEET/JEE 2020 Exam.
Crash Course Details:
5. Keep Yourself Calm: During this period students are advised to be extra cautious of their health. You should follow the GOI guidelines during the lockdown. Take care of the hygiene around you, eat a healthy diet, and must follow a routine of exercise and meditation, it will help you calm your mind and keep you focused on your studies.
We hope this article helps you in planning for the remaining few days to the most sought after medical and IIT/JEE entrance examination. The key however is to stay focused on the success goal i.e. NEET 2020 and JEE 2020. We are sure following these revision tips and preparation tips for self-study for the exams 2020 in the remaining time during and after lockdown will help you make your preparation foolproof.