In view of the changed academic schedule, triggered by the pandemic, there are coming new reforms in the education sector.
In a recent Online Interactive Session with teachers, parents and students regarding the upcoming board exams and competitive exams, Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal made a key announcement for all the JEE Aspirants in the country. While he was talking live via Twitter and Facebook, the minister declared the probability of the conduct of the JEE Mains Exam 4 times in a year from February 2021.
While discussing JEE Main examination, a preliminary for JEE Advanced, the minister stated that the government is in all efforts to bring up a model to ensure that no candidate misses the opportunity for the examination due to time of exams.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF JEE MAINS 2021 NOTIFICATION
- Usually, JEE-Mains is held twice a year but as per the latest news, JEE Main 2021 may be held 4 times from February; once each in Feb, March, April, and May.
- Best of all scores will be taken into consideration for JEE Advanced.
- Candidates will have the option to appear in any or all of the four tests and the best performance will be considered for final ranking.
- The Minister also hinted at the probable change in exam pattern. Students will get to choose to attempt any 25 questions out of 30 from PCM each. In total, students will have to attempt 75 questions out of 90.
- Important JEE Main 2021 Exam updates like Release of application forms, Syllabus announcement, Exam date etc are expected to be out in December.
- NTA will release application forms at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- This time the exam will be conducted in more regional languages.
Furthermore, “The suggestion of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)-Main 2021 to be held four times in a year will be examined positively, beginning in the end of February, thereafter in March, April and May-2021, for three to four days during each time,” stated the minister during the same session.
The talked-about decision has been taken by the ministry to ensure that the candidates do not miss out on opportunities due to clash of examinations or in wake of the COVID-19 situation.
CURRENT JEE MAINS STRUCTURE
As per the current JEE Mains exam structure, it is conducted twice a year in 8 to 10 slots spread across 5 days. The usual exam slot falls in January and April and the exam pattern does not offer any choices to students but in the latest proposal, the possibility of giving choices was shared along with a proposal of reduction in syllabus.
However, these are only the suggestions being considered, and not finalized yet.
When asked about if there will be a delay in the JEE Mains 2021 first slot, the minister responded with an affirmation, though he did not indicate to a larger delay in the examination and hinted that for the most part the examinations would be conducted by May 2021. Final dates are expected to be out in December.
will in 2022 it happen?? or is it just for 2021
Thanks for sharing your query with us. This update has been released this year and this is the latest news received. Hopefully it will be the same for the coming years as well. But the actual details for the next year will be announced next year only. Subscribe to our blog https://www.aakash.ac.in/blog/ & stay tuned for the latest updates.