JEE Main is one of the most important examinations for candidates willing to take engineering as a career. This examination is the gateway to IITs, NITs, and other such important examinations. The examination was conducted by the Central board of secondary education till 2018 but this year there is a slight change and it will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This change in the exam conducting body has brought up many questions regarding the examination in the mind of the students.
In this article, we bring you some of the frequently asked questions related to JEE Main 2019:
1. What is the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2019?
- The candidates who have passed the 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in the year 2017 or 2018 or are appearing for their class 12th examination in 2019 are eligible to take the JEE Main examination 2019.
- All the candidates who have passed their examination in 2016 and before or who will be appearing for the 12th examination in 2020 are not eligible for JEE Main 2019. Also, all those aspirants who did not pass their 12th examination or any other equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 but passed in 2017 are not eligible to take JEE Mains 2019.
- There is no specific age limit for candidates willing to appear for JEE Main 2019. All those students who have passed or are appearing for their class 12th examination will take the JEE Main examination irrespective of their age.
2. Will the examination be in offline or online mode?
This will be a computer-based test and will be conducted through the online mode only.
3. What are the benefits of Computer Based Examination?
A computer-based examination has the following benefits:
- Candidates can review or re-enter any question at any point of time during the examination
- The candidate can change the option of the answer during the exam duration
- The candidates also have the option to mark any answer for review at a later stage during the examination
- There will be a panel on the computer screen showing all the question numbers in different color scheme indicating which questions are to be answered first, which are left unanswered and also the ones that are remaining for review.
- It is also used to enhance the confidence of the candidates while using Information technology
4. How many times can a student appear for the JEE Mains in one year?
As per the new guidelines introduced by NTA, all candidates willing to appear for JEE Mains can now take the paper twice a year.
5. Will the examination get tough this year due to NTA Conducting the examination?
No, the examination pattern and the syllabus for the JEE Mains are still the same as the previous year. The paper will remain somewhat similar due to no change in the pattern.
6. What are the months in which JEE Mains Examination are to be conducted?
JEE Main Examination is to be held twice from this year once in the month of January and second in the month of April.
7. Is it necessary to appear in JEE (Main) Examination twice? If the examination is given by me on both the occasions, which score will be considered.
No, it is not necessary to appear in JEE (Main) twice. It would be optional for the candidate to appear once or twice for the current academic session. In case you have attempted both the examinations, best of the scores would be taken for the merit list.
8. What will be the time schedule of the JEE Main 2019 Computer based examination?
The examination will be in two shifts i.e.
Shift I – 09:30 -12:30 Hours (IST)
Shift II – 14:30 – 17:30 Hours (IST)
9. What time should a candidate report at the exam center?
The candidate should appear 30 minutes before the exam
10. Is there any practice Test for computer-based examination?
Candidates can practice through the question banks, which are available at https://www.aakash.ac.in/one-year-final-stroke-jee/. It will provide the look and feel of a computer-based test and aspirants can easily know about their preparation.
11. In case of any problem in the computer will there be somebody to assist?
Yes, there will be a qualified IT Professional.
12. What are the dates for JEE Main 2019 both January and April Exams?
Dates, as announced officially announced by NTA for JEE Main 2019 are
Important Dates of JEE Main 2019 for January Exams:
|Online Submission of Application forms||September 1 to 30, 2018|
|Last date of Payment of Application Fee and Uploading of Photograph and Signature||October 1, 2018|
|Dates of Examination||06.01.2019 (Sunday) to 20.01.2019 (Sunday)|
|Declaration of Results||January 31, 2019|
Important Dates of JEE Main 2019 April Exam:
|Online submission of Application form||February 8 to March 7, 2019|
|Dates of Examination||06.04.2019 to 20.04.2019|
|Declaration of Results||April 30, 2019|
13. Will the new JEE Main still be the screening exam for JEE Advanced?
As of now, yes. Since no such announcement has been made, it can be assumed that JEE Main 2019 will still be the first stage of the exam which candidates need to qualify for JEE Advanced 2019.
14. What will happen in case there is some problem with the computer during the examination?
Enough buffer computers will be available at the examination centre to take care of such problems and the time lost in the change of system will be duly compensated as each and every server will be recorded in the system.
15. How will a candidate know which questions are unanswered?
There will be a panel on the computer screen showing all the questions in different color scheme which will indicate which are the questions answered, left unanswered and marked for review.
16. What is the examination pattern for JEE Main 2019?
JEE Main examination will have two papers paper 1 for BE/B.TECH and paper 2 for B.arch/ B.Planning. Candidates can take papers according to the courses they are seeking admission to. Here are the other details related to the subjects and marks:
Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech)
Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Type of Questions: Objective type questions with equal weightage to all the subjects
Mode of examination: Computer-based
Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning)
Subjects: Mathematics (Part 1), Aptitude Test (Part 2), Drawing Test (Part 3)
Type of Questions: Objective type for part 1 and 2, Questions to test drawing aptitude for part 3
Mode of Examination: Computer-based for part 1 and 2. On a drawing sheet (Offline mode) for part 3
17. Where can we avail the admit card?
The admit card of JEE Main 2019 for all registered candidates will be available for download from December 17, 2018 for the JEE Main 2019 exam to be held in January while it will be available for download from March 18, 2019 for the April exam.
18. When will the JEE Main 2019 Result be announced?
The result of JEE Main 2019 for the January exam is expected to be announced on January 31 while the result for JEE Main 2019 April exam is expected to be announced on April 30.
JEE Remains as one of the most important exams for Engineering aspirants in India. Students who wish to pursue engineering as a career know the importance of this exam and how crucial it is to cross this hurdle. Simply clearing the exam is not good enough, rather bagging a good rank is critical for students who wish to secure a seat in top engineering colleges around the country. The FAQs mentioned above will give students some important insights about the JEE Main exam. We at Aakash Institute are highly committed to providing the best information to help our students fulfill their dreams and move a step towards success.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.