IIT-JEE is planning to go global with the collaboration of the Indian government to open the door of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced 2022 exams for foreign students in around 25 countries in 2022. The collaboration aims to help Indian higher education institutions to establish cooperation with foreign educational institutions and to motivate foreign universities to send their students to Indian institutions. Candidates who are not citizens of India (by birth or naturalized) and/or are Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will be treated as foreign nationals. Foreign students will be able to get admission to the Indian Institute of Technology, the Indian Institute of Information Technology, the School of Planning and Architecture, and other Technical Institutions of the central government.
IIT-JEE Advanced 2022 Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Candidates
- Foreign national candidates who have studied or are studying ABROAD at 10+2 level or equivalent at the time of registration for JEE (Advanced) 2022, are not required to appear for JEE (Main) 2022 and can register directly for JEE (Advanced) 2022 directly subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- Foreign national candidates who have studied or are pursuing their 12th or equivalent from INDIA are required to appear in JEE (Main) 2022 and then need to qualify for JEE (Advanced) 2022 under the OPEN category to get admissions in any of the IITs, NITs, and IIITs. Furthermore, you can see the detailed eligibility criteria (from 1 to 5) also apply to foreign candidates [see Clause 11- Eligibility Criteria for Nationals for Appearing for JEE (Advanced) 2022 of the Information Brochure 2022]. All the foreign candidates of different nationalities other than Indian will be considered not a part of the 2,50,000 Indian national candidates who qualify for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2022.
- All the seats allotted to the foreign national candidates will be supernumerary (surplus) with a cap of 10% of the total number of seats in every course. These candidates will be outside the scope of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, GEN-EWS, PwD, and SC/ST categories as mentioned in the Information Brochure of JEE (Advanced) 2022. There will be no separate surplus seats for female candidates in the category of foreign national supernumerary seats.
Performance in Class XII (or equivalent) Exam
Foreign candidates must PASS the class XII (or equivalent) exam in the following subjects:
- A language
- Any subject other than the above four
Documents required for JEE Advanced 2022 Registration
- Class XII passing certificate
- Birth certificate for age proof
- Identity proof
- Testimonials where applicable
- Citizenship certificate/Foreign Passport/OCI/PIO Card where applicable
JEE (Advanced) 2022: Registration Fee and How to Apply
All foreign national candidates who want to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2022 have to register online through the official website JEE (Advanced) 2022. The registration fee structure for JEE (Advanced) 2022 for foreign candidates is given below:
|Foreign Nationals (including OCI/PIO)||Candidates residing in SAARC countries||USD 75#|
|Candidates residing in Non-SAARC countries||USD 150#|
#: or equivalent in INR
Considering the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation in India and abroad, it has been chosen not to conduct the JEE (Advanced) 2022 in any foreign country. However, the foreign national candidates need to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2022 examination at an Indian center at their own expense.
JEE (Advanced) 2022: Registration Dates for JEE (Advanced) for Foreign Candidates
|Activity||Day, Date and Time (IST)|
|Online Registration for foreign candidates:
both direct apply and one-time exception candidates
|Tue, 02/08/2022 to
|Last date for acceptance of registration
fee from the foreign candidates
Leave a Reply