The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the most anticipated common medical exam every year. Students seeking admissions to the government or private colleges in India eagerly await the application forms. Every year approximately 16 lakh students appear for the exam. National Testing Agency (NTA) is the statutory body responsible for the conduction and organization of the exam. It is the sole medical entrance exam offering entrance to undergraduate courses like MBBS and BDS. In addition to undergraduate course admissions, NTA conducts NEET for postgraduate and super-specialty courses. Here we will discuss in detail the NEET UG 2022 Application. Learn how to fill out the NEET 2022 Application Form correctly.
NEET UG Exam 2022 is for admission to medical programs including MBBS, BDS, BUMS, BHMS, BSMS, BAMS, and other undergraduate medical courses. It will be in pen and paper format. NTA will conduct the exam in 13 languages, including – English, Urdu, Hindi, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Odia, Punjabi, and Telugu.
In 2021, amongst 16 lakh candidates who appeared for the exam, three secured full marks, i.e., 720/ 720, and emerged as joint NEET 2021 toppers.
Given the exceptional performances last year, the NEET 2022 Cut-off is anticipated to be high. NTA will release the NEET 2022 Cut-off along with the NEET 2022 Result.
How To Fill Out The NEET 2022 Application Form?
Applicants must follow the below-mentioned steps to fill out the NEET 2022 application form:
Step 1: NEET 2022 Registration
Candidates will have to visit the official NEET website to access the NEET 2022 Application Form.
Next, click on new registration and submit the mobile number and email ID. Students must read all the instructions on the page carefully. Now, generate the password and keep the credentials safe. Candidates will require the credentials for logging in to the portal.
Step 2: Enter Details To Fill the NEET 2022 Application Form
Once you have registered for NEET 2022, login with your credentials. Now, click on the ‘complete application form’ option. You will have to fill out the following details in the NEET 2022 Application Form:
- Name of the applicant
- Parent’s name
- Date of birth
- Candidates will also have to enter the following information:
- Confirmation questions
- Identification type and number
- Medium of NEET 2022 question paper
- Select NEET 2022 Exam Centre city
- Academic details
Students must recheck all the NEET 2022 Application Form details before clicking the submit button.
Step 3: Upload Documents
Candidates will have to submit their documents once they finish entering the details in the NEET 2022 Application Form. They will upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Candidate’s signature
- Passport size photograph
- Postcard size photograph
- Left thumb impression
Step 4: Submit the NEET 2022 Application Fee
Once you have uploaded the documents and filled in the details, you will have to make the NEET 2022 application form payment. Click on the ‘pay examination fee’ option and submit the fee via debit card/ credit card/ Paytm/ Net banking.
Step 5: Download the Confirmation Page
After you have made the payment of the application fee, a confirmation page will appear. You will also receive a confirmation email on the registered email Id and the registered mobile number. The generation of confirmation page indicates that your NEET 2022 Application Form has been successfully submitted.
Precautions While Filling the NEET Application Form 2022
Often students commit common mistakes while filling out the NEET application form. Some mistakes can lead to the rejection of the application form. Here are some precautions that NEET aspirants must follow to ensure an error-free application process:
- It is essential to visit the official NTA website and read the guidelines provided by the organizing authorities.
- Carefully check out the application fee for your category before making the payment.
- Candidates belonging to EWS or OBC category must possess certificates for the same in the central list (you should possess both central and state list certificates as they will be useful during allotment of colleges).
- Your certificate should not be older than six months.
- Be careful while submitting your photograph and signature, as there won’t be a correction option for these two.
- In your photograph, 80% of the face should be clear, and the background can be either black/ white/ coloured.
- The photograph must be in JPG format (10 kb to 200 kb). Ensure that the photograph is taken with a professional camera. Do not upload selfie camera images.
- The signature should be in JPG format (4 kb to 30 kb). You should do the signature with a running hand.
- The postcard size photograph should be in JPG format of the size 4 x 6 inches.
- The left thumb impression has to be in JPG format as well. It can be in the range of 10 kb to 200 kb.
- The background should be white. Only blue ink is acceptable.
- Your class X passing certificate and category certificates should be in pdf format.
- Ensure that you keep the application number, password, and security question safe and do not share it with anyone.
- Before submitting the form, ensure that no column is unfilled or incomplete. Thoroughly recheck the spellings, date of birth, and other information.
- Do get a printout of the confirmation page. If the page is not generated, you will have to make the payment again.
Prerequisites for NEET 2022 Application Process
Although the NEET 2022 application forms are not available for 2022 now, they will be available shortly. So, all NEET aspirants should brace up and get ready with the required documents to carry on a hassle-free application process.
- A list of all the essentials for the NEET 2022 Application Process is given below:
- A speedy internet connection
- An email address
- A valid mobile number
- Latest passport size photograph in JPG format
- Postcard size photograph (4” x 6”) in JPG format
- Left-hand thumb impression in JPG format
- Signature in JPG format
- Class 10 pass certificate in PDF format
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc) in PDF format
- PwBD certificate in PDF format
- A self-declaration certificate for candidates belonging to Jammu and Kashmir
Also see: NTA NEET UG 2022 Admit Card Download Guide: When, Where & How to Get NEET Hall Ticket
Size and Format of the Documents
10 to 200 kb
Post Card Size Photograph
10 to 200 kb (4”x 6”)
4 to 30 kb
Left Thumb Impression
10 to 200 kb
Class X Passing Certificate
50 to 300 kb
Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS)
50 to 300 kb
50 to 300 kb
50 to 300 kb
When Does NEET 2022 Registration Begin?
Although there are several rumours regarding the announcement of the NEET 2022 Registration and application form date, NTA has not issued any official notification/ announcement regarding the start date for NEET 2022 Registration. As soon as any updates to the NEET 2022 Registration or Application Form are available, they will be posted here.
Latest Update on NEET UG 2022
NTA has recently announced the NEET 2022 Exam Date. As per the NEET 2022 Notification, NTA will conduct the exam on Sunday, July 17, 2022.
The NEET-UG 2022 Admit Card has been released and students can download the same from the official website – neet.nta.nic.in.
Leave a Reply