Nervous about your JEE (Main) 2016 exam? Here are a few tips and tricks that can help you perform better and keep the exam stress at bay on the day of the exam:
- Subject order: Deciding the subject order is one of the most crucial steps that one must consider before D-day! It is always better to solve your strongest subject first then your weakest subject followed by the one that you’re average at. This is extremely helpful as you would’ve scored a lot of marks at the beginning of the exam by attempting the subject you are the most confident about. Attempting your weakest subject now is helpful as you’re feeling confident and you have boosted morale. Then solve the subject you’re average at as you would’ve sailed through the best and the worst of your question paper. Also, ensure that you have solved practice tests & mock tests using this strategy.
- Make a list: While reading the question, make a list of all the data and quantities that have been given to you in the question. This simplifies the process as it’s easier to make sure that you aren’t missing out on anything which will cost you marks. Be careful about the units of physical quantities.
- Rough work: Rough work is crucial in paper-solving and students usually tend to ignore this fact. If your rough work is scribbled through the pages of your answer sheet, it affects your presentation and your state of mind. Make sure you write small while doing rough work. It’s also a good practice to have the rough work next to the corresponding question. This way the rough work is marked and it’s easier for you to revise your paper and it eliminates the chances of silly mistakes.
- Time management: While going through the paper, make sure you keep an eye on the time spent on each question. When only 30-35 mins are left, go back and recheck the answers. If your rough work is done properly, rechecking answers won’t take a lot of time. With the time that is left, go back to solving the questions. Don’t spend more than 2-3 minutes on each question. It’s better to leave the questions you are unsure about than waste time solving them. Optimize your time smartly.
- Strategizing: Make sure you solve the difficult questions of each subject first. For eg: In Chemistry, solve everything in Inorganic Chemistry since it’s all about remembering things. If you attempt the difficult portions first, your mind gets free of the stress and you can easily solve the rest of the questions in that particular subject. This also applies to Maths and Physics.
We hope that these last-minute tricks help you on the day of your exam! Best of luck for JEE (Main) 2016.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.