Wednesday, September 09, 2015
If you are aiming for IIT, this is a must read for you! Get inspired by these brilliant people who took great risks to follow their dreams and achieved success in various fields!
1. Chetan Bhagat – He has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. After working as an investment banker for a decade, he came to Mumbai to chase his dream of becoming a writer. Today, he has written many bestselling novels which are very popular with India’s youth!
2. Arvind Kejriwal – He did Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and then joined the IRS as an Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax. He later left his job and is now the Chief Minister of Delhi since February 2015.
3. Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal – Together, they founded one of India’s largest e-commerce platform, Flipkart. They were classmates in Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and got degrees in Computer Engineering.
4. Narayana Murthy – He got his master’s degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and worked with Patni Computer Systems. Later, in 1981 with 5 other people, he co-founded “Infosys” which is a multinational company providing business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services.
5. Sundar Pichai – Pichai got his degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in Metallurgical Engineering. He was the Product Chief of Google and has now been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Google. He manages Google products like Google Chrome, Chrome OS and is mainly responsible for Google Drive.
6. Nandan Nilekani – He has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. He co-founded Infosys with Narayana Murthy and after succeeding in this mission, he left it and became the chairman of Unique Identification Authority of India. In 2010, the logo and the brand name “Aadhar” was launched by Nilekani.
7. Deepinder Goyal – Armed with a master’s degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, Goyal worked with Bain & Company. He co-founded Zomato, an international, flourishing online food portal! Goyal spends most of his time thinking about creative strategies and new, innovative ideas to grow his business!
Now that you know all about these famous IITians, which of them inspired you the most? Take risks, work hard & follow your dreams and success will soon follow you.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.