The Delhi University (DU), on the last day of filling the application forms for the Central University Entrance Test (CUET), said that admissions for open seats in St Stephen’s College will be based on the merit basis as per CUET ranks.
Among the six minority institutes, St Stephens was the only college to object to the common admission procedures. Despite the university stating that 15% weightage will be given to the interviews and the remaining 85% to the CUET scores, St Stephens said it will conduct interviews for all of its admissions.
Also See: CUET 2022 Registration
DU earlier declared that it will hold admissions for all undergraduate programmes on the basis of CUET scores and gave details about the procedures to be followed in the six minority institutes. The policy stated that 85% weightage would be given to CUET scores and 15% weightage to interviews will be given for admission in St. Stephen’s College and Jesus & Mary College for the Christian students and only CUET will be considered for the unreserved category students. All those students who are applying for the Christian minority categories would be required to submit their baptism certificate and church membership certificate as per the requirements of the respective colleges. There are mainly six minority colleges under the institution which includes two Christian minority colleges, Jesus and Mary College and St Stephen’s College. Mata Sundri College, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, and Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College are some of the Sikh minority colleges.
Among all these minority institutes, St Stephen’s College under the University of Delhi was the only college to object to the new admission procedure. The college wanted to give weightage to interviews as well during admissions.
In a notice posted on the website, ‘The college also said that it reserves the right to proceed with admissions as per its own admission policy guaranteed to it as a minority institution’.