In India Ayushman Bharat Diwas is observed on April 30 every year. The Ayushman Bharat Diwas is observed to uplift the ideals of the Ayushman Bharat Yojna. The scheme of the Ayushman Bharat Diwas reflects the fulfillment of the objectives of the Indian government that align with the Sustainable Development Goals under the United Nations.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2022: History
In 2018, Ayushman Bharat Yojna was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide healthcare benefits to all Indians who can’t afford proper medical facilities. The flagship scheme of the Narendra Modi government was launched along the lines of universal health coverage to meet one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations – “leave no one behind. Go through the article for detailed information on Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2022.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2022: Significance
Most of the funding for this scheme is provided by the Central government of India. One of the most important features of this scheme is that people in need can avail a cashless hospitalization facility. The project covers the pre-existing conditions from the very first day. At the same time, the implementation costs get divided between the center and the individual states.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas 2022: Scheme
- The Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018.
- The beneficiaries are chosen from the Socio-Economic Census Database.
- It is the largest health cover in the world.
- The scheme also covers fifteen days of pre-hospitalization and fifteen days of post-hospitalization. This includes the expenses of medicines and tests.
- The scheme has packages that include knee replacement, bypass, and other treatments provided at 15% cheaper than the Central Government Health Schemes
A total of about 1393 procedures are undertaken as a part of this scheme. You will have to go through the details of this scheme and the day of observance.