Cracking Joint Entrance Examination or JEE is the ultimate goal of every aspiring engineer in India. JEE or the Joint Entrance Examination is conducted every year for admissions to premium engineering institutes like IITs, NITs, and IIITs. The screening process is now divided into two phases-
• JEE Mains
• JEE Advanced
JEE-Advanced is conducted for admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology(IITs), and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs), while the JEE-Mains is meant for admissions to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs).
Aspiring engineering students need to appear for JEE mains and only the students selected in JEE Mains are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
Preparation for JEE starts a few years in advance. Most students enroll themselves in the best engineering coaching institute at least a year or two before the main exams.
For all those gearing up for JEE 2017, the date of the entrance exam is nearing and the ongoing months are crucial. All the aspiring engineers must be burning the midnight oil already for the D-Day of JEE 2017.
However, amidst last minute preparations, pressure, and stress we advise you not to miss the important JEE 2017 checklist. Hope you are taking notes!
· 1st December 2016: Application forms for JEE 2017 are available online 1st December 2016 onwards. If you have not downloaded the form already, click here to access the same.
· 3rd January 2017: The application fee for JEE 2017 needs to be submitted on or before 3rd January 2017.
· Eligibility Criteria – In order to fill and submit the JEE forms online, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria, which are as under –
Aadhar Card is Mandatory
- All applicants must hold an Aadhar card. This was not a requirement until last year. However, for accessing the accuracy of the candidate’s details, the Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE that has been conducting JEE exams since 2014 has made this mandatory.
- Applicants who have appeared for Class XII board examination from the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya can use his or her passport number, ration card details, or bank account number or any valid identification provided by the Government to authenticate their identity. However, these identification options are only valid if they select the city of examination included in the mentioned states.
Applicants born on or after 1 October 1992 are eligible to apply for JEE 2017. Applicants under SC/ST/PWD category get a relaxation of 5 years.
• Candidates who will be appearing for Class XII board exams in March 2017 are eligible to appear for JEE Main exams scheduled to be held in April 2017.
• Candidates who have already appeared for Class XII examination in the previous year (2016) or 2015, can also appear if they fulfill the following criteria –
• Candidate should have secured an aggregate of 50% for Chemistry, Physics & Mathematics
• Candidate must have a minimum of 5 subjects in higher secondary exams
• Candidates get up to 3 attempts for the JEE Main examination.
Availability of Admit Card
Admit card will be available online from the 2nd week of March 2017. Thereupon the candidates can download the admission card from the official JEE website.
Date of Examination
Depending upon preference and comfort, aspiring candidates can appear for pencil and paper based examination or take it online. The dates for both examinations are separate.
• Pencil & Paper based examination (Paper 1 &2) will be conducted on 2nd April, 2017
• Computer based test will be conducted on 8th & 9th April 2017.
Another important change this year is the way All India Rank for JEE 2017 exam will be calculated. Up till 2016, class 12th marks were used to calculate the All India ranking in the ratio of 60:40. However, this year onwards CBSE has done away with this rule.
The upcoming 4-5 months are going to be very crucial for every aspiring engineering candidate. The key is to not panic and take one step at a time. Students who will be appearing for class XII examination, must also concentrate on completing the exam successfully. You have the guidance of some of the best faculty, and best coaching institutes. So just be confident and believe in yourself. Your dreams would sure come true.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.