JEE is one of the most competitive exams in India and a seat in any of the IITs will kick start your career. Most aspiring engineering students aim to crack the JEE exam with a good score. Securing a place in the most prestigious engineering colleges around the country is a dream of many students. However, JEE requires unparalleled preparation and dedication if one wishes to succeed with flying colours. Maintaining a schedule is vital, however, following it is even more important. Students who top the JEE exam are persistent and aim at higher grades. Every student must have a study plan and carefully distribute their time after a thorough analysis of their strengths and weaknesses. However, before signing up for any IIT JEE coaching in Delhi or getting started with the preparation, every student needs to know all about JEE 2019 examination.
Here, we have curated some of the most important questions that will help you in every step of your preparation. Because being well-informed about everything related to the examination is the first step of preparation.
Who Conducts the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)?
CBSE- The Central Board of Secondary Education conducts the JEE examination every year which acts as the gateway for admission to IITs across the nation. Students can also take admission in any of the NITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) and other technology institutes and engineering colleges run by private institutions and state governments who have adopted JEE. However, from 2019, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will organize the examination.
Are There Any New Changes Introduced?
Though there are still no new changes announced for the year 2019, there are a few changes that the Government of India had notified before rolling our forms for the 2018 examination. These include:
- Candidates do not have to verify there 12th standard roll number
- Candidates can book their slot if appearing for the online mode
- Top 2,24,000scorers of JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced
- There will be a total of 258 exam centres (248 in India and 10 abroad)
- Diabetic candidates are allowed to carry fruits, sugar tablets and a transparent bottle of water inside the examination hall
When will the JEE 2019 application form be released and what are the guidelines to fill it?
The application form for JEE 2019 will be available from the first week of December 2018,and the last date of submission will be anytime in the 1st week of January 2019. Candidates will be allowed to make amendments in the application in between 2nd to 4th week of January 2019. Below are the guidelines that will help while one is filling the application form.
- It is mandatory to provide correct Aadhar details when filling the application form
- Only online applications will be accepted for JEE 2019
- Scanned passport sized photograph to be uploaded by the candidate with self-attestation and that of mother/father/guardian
- The dimension of the photograph should not increase 3.5 x 4.5 cm while the sign should be 3.5 x 1.5 cm
- Only JPG or JPEG format images will be accepted
- Multiple applications will lead to rejection
- There will be no facility to send the hard copy of the application
What Will be The JEE Main Exam Pattern?
The examination has two papers:
Paper 1:for B.E/B.Tech – Will be conducted in both online and offline mode
Paper 2:for B.Arch/B.Planning – Will be conducted in offline mode
- The question paper will have objective type questions in paper 1
- In paper 2, the aptitude and mathematics section will have objective type questions while the drawing test will be subjective
- The duration of the examination will be three hours
- Four marks for every correct answer and a deduction of one mark for every incorrect answer
|The pattern for BE/B.Tech Paper|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|The pattern for B.Arch/B.Plan Paper|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Is There Any Attempt Limit for the JEE Examination?
Yes, candidates can only appear for the JEE Mains exam for a maximum of three times and JEE Advanced for maximum two consecutive years. The attempt limit remains same across all categories.
Now that you have a reasonable idea about the JEE 2019 Examination, it is time to look for the best IIT JEE coaching in Delhi to give your preparation the right start. All the best!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel.