As per the reports, JEE Main 2022 will be held in 2 sessions. For the total number of attempts in JEE Main 2022, students can appear in three consecutive years from the year of passing their class 12.
As per the reports, the authorities offered the relaxation of 4 attempts considering the pandemic situation. The recent notification has created a wave of panic and concern among the JEE aspirants. Students are worried as they consider more attempts for JEE Main are equivalent to better chances of improved score or AIR.
The authorities however have not released any official statement regarding the same but if considered the education experts, the reduced number of attempts can be more beneficial for the students as this will give students more time to prepare strategically for both the attempts and will provide IIT aspirants some extra time to prepare for JEE Advanced 2022 in a better way.
Advantages of 2 attempts for JEE Main 2022 :
- The students can now get first-hand experience of taking the JEE Main exam during the first attempt and will be aware of their weak and strong areas. They can thus use the gap time to strengthen their preparation.
- Having only two attempts will make students more focused as compared to having 4 attempts.
- Candidates can appear for JEE Main 2 times to improve their scores. This way they can sit for both the attempts and make use of this opportunity in the best possible way.
- Students will be under less pressure as they will know that they have one more chance to give their best.
How Should you prepare for JEE Main 2 Sessions?
JEE aspirants can follow the below-mentioned strategy to effectively get benefitted from JEE Main 2 sessions.
- Take the JEE Main first session exam with full preparation, without any pressure. Consider it as a practice test with full preparation.
- Continue with your preparation after the first session. If your score is low, then you need to improve, study and practice hard for the next session.
JEE Main Exam in 2 Phases – Common Students Queries
Out of the two attempts, how many times should I attempt the JEE Main 2022?
To give your best to JEE Main 2022, it is recommended to sit for both attempts. During the first attempt, you can get an idea of your preparation and performance and can use the gap time to strengthen your weaker areas.
I will have to sit for Board Exams too. How should I manage Board exams with JEE Main 2 attempts?
As per the authorities, Board exams will be conducted in-between JEE Main’s first attempt in April and the second attempt in May. So it will not be difficult for the candidates to sit for the exams. For the preparation part, students must prepare beforehand.
Will the average of 2 scores will be considered for the calculation of AIR?
NTA will take the best of two scores for the calculation of a candidate’s AIR.
Will a dropper student be allowed to give the JEE Main twice?
Yes, a dropper student can also take the JEE Main two times, just like the rest of the candidates.