NEET- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test
National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) 2020 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses and other undergraduate medical courses. Earlier CBSE-AIPMT was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018.
NEET (UG) – 2020 shall be conducted in 11 languages, including English and Hindi. The result of NEET will be applicable to all approved/recognized Medical/Dental and other colleges/institutes in India. The admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like institutions will also be made through NEET.
The eligibility criteria applicable to appear in NEET (UG) shall be common to the candidates seeking admission in INIs like AIIMS. The criteria for minimum qualifying marks for admission to MBBS course shall also be applicable to INIs.
Directorate General Health Service (DGHS) will conduct a common counseling for admission to MBBS course in these INIs as per the Time Schedule specified in the MCI’s regulations.
The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and for providing an “All India Rank Merit List” to the DGHS, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for providing the result to States/other Counselling Authorities.
NTA, an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization has been established by the Ministry of Human resources Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI).
Important Dates of NEET(UG)-2020
|Online Registration Opening Date||2nd December 2019|
|Online Registration Closing Date||31st December 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||27th March 2020|
|Date of Examination||3rd May 2020|
|Date of Announcing Results||4th June 2020|
|Mode of Examination||Pen & Paper|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NEET (UG), 2020.
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2020 i.e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination for General category (GC), 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ ST-PH/ OBC-PH.
- The candidates belonging to the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats from the academic year 2018-19 onward.
|Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration of Test|
|Physics||45||4 x 45 = 180||-1||3 hrs.|
|Chemistry||45||4 x 45 = 180|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||90||4 x 90 = 360|
|MCQs||Total –180||MM – 720|
More InformationFor more details, please refer: