NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 11: Lights, Shadows and Reflections
The chapter focuses on the main topic, which is Light, due to which there are shadows and reflection as well. Transparent, Opaque, and Translucent objects and their light reflections have been explained. Introduction to the concept of shadows is done by assigning activities. The factors that are needed to form a shadow have also been discussed. The purpose of a pinhole camera and directions to make one are given. Understanding reflections through the mirror has been done. Reflections of buildings, sky, and moon can be seen in the water. Thus, the chapter ends by stating the uses of light and concepts related to it.
- The chapter outlines the general concepts surrounding the Light
- Without light, there would not have been shadows and reflections.
- Various activities teach students how light can be seen through several objects
- A table has been made to list out objects through which light can be seen or passed.
- The technique behind the formation of different angles of shadows has been explained
- Steps to make a pinhole camera has been mentioned with its purpose
- Students can see different colours through a pinhole camera due to the presence of sunlight that passes through layers of cardboard.
- Tips have been given to explain how light passes through a straight line, and when it passes through a curved line, then it leaves a shadow.
- Similarly, to describe the concept of reflection, few activities have been given to make the topic clear to the students.
- To perform the activity of reflection, mirror and light are needed along with an object.