NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 12: Electricity and Circuits
The chapter talks about the importance of Electricity without which our lives would have been difficult. Ways in which electricity is used has been listed out. The invention of Electric cells and their applications have been described. How electric cells work and can be used has been stated. Then the chapter talks about the invention and mechanism of the bulb. Arrangement of the electric bulb and electric cell has been shown. To save electricity, the method of electric switches and circuits has been introduced. In the end, the chapter ends by stating that Conductors and Insulators are equally important to pass the electricity.
- The beginning of the chapter, states the human dependence on Electricity.
- Various examples have been stated to show how electricity has become part of life.
- The source of the electricity is a powerhouse, for, e.g., the torch has a switch and a battery and can also emit light, in this case, the battery serves as the powerhouse of the torch.
- Certain chemicals which are stored in electric cells help in the functioning of the cells to generate the power or electric current.
- The mechanism of the torch bulb has been illustrated with photos.
- When the bulb is connected with wires and a circuit, its fixed amount of electricity passes through it
- The concept of switches has been described that saves electricity by letting people switch on and off
- In the end, the chapter states the importance of conductors and insulators that function in electricity.