NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1: Food- Where Does it Come From?
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 1: Food - Where Does It Come From it segregates the food into various categories such as – Pulses, Staple food, spices, Cooking oil, grains, etc. It gives an idea of how the crops grow and the source of different Food ingredients. Further, it mentions different food dishes and the ingredients used, along with their source to inculcate learning habits in children.
Plants are a source of food and products from an animal are also included in the diet as a part of the food cycle. Apart from Human being's food habits, the chapter likewise discusses the food structure of what animals eat. The differentiation between meat-eating and plant-eating animals is done.
- This chapter talks about the food habits of both humans and animals.
- It explains different ingredients of food and divides them into categories.
- The way ingredients are obtained from plants, and their parts are shown.
- The chapter illustrates images that show the way ingredients grow in fields, on trees, and plants.
- Various tables are used to differentiate food categories under pulses, oil, seeds, grains, and staple food.
- The chapter further explains how different parts of the same plant are used to obtain different consumption ingredients.
- Various food dishes and the ingredients used in them are shown with the table's help, and the source from which the ingredients are obtained has also been mentioned.
- For a better understanding, the chapter asks the students to observe the food ingredients consumed by animals.
Class 6 Science Chapter 1: Food Where Does It Come From NCERT Question and Answers PDF for Download