NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 4: Sorting Materials into Groups
In the previous chapters, the segment of Food and clothing were covered. In this chapter, the materials are divided and explained in detail. Students are asked to study various objects around them and then segregate them according to the materials used to make them in separate columns. Further, the chapter point lists out the differences between the properties of various metals and their corresponding uses. Again, the materials are subdivided into soluble and insoluble materials to explain the meaning of their nature. Liquids and other materials are tested in water to check the mass. In the end, the chapter talks about the transparency of various metals and the utility of various materials.
- The chapter starts with assigning the students with the work of observing the surroundings and finding out different objects.
- Students are then asked to separate the objects based on the similarity of materials used to make them.
- The properties of the materials are further explained with the help of activities.
- A table is prepared to depict the materials and different objects made from them.
- Other activities are asked to be done to know the solubility and non-solubility of certain materials in water.
- Some liquids such as vinegar and lemon juice are also diluted in the water to check which dilutes quickly.
- The next step is to find out which objects float in the water and which objects sink to know the mass and density of each object.