NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Science Chapter 14: Water
The chapter begins with the importance of water, an element without which life would not have started. Every organism requires water for its birth and survival. The earth is composed of 70% of water. How water is utilised in our daily life has been explained. The chapter then talks about the source of water. How water is used for household chores and consumption. The water cycle explains how natural and artificial conditions work together to recycle water. Condensation requires water without which clouds would not have existed. How it rains and the science behind it has been described with pictures. In the end, the chapter shows ways to conserve water.
- At the beginning of the chapter, examples have been briefed out to focus on the importance of water.
- Water, the essential element, which is one of the factors behind the origin of life on the earth.
- Various ways in which water is used for household cleaning purposes and consumption is mentioned.
- There is no end to water, which has been explained in the process of the water cycle.
- Water from oceans, seas, rivers, lakes, and ponds is used in the condensation process.
- The water is evaporated, and it is the main reason for the formation of clouds.
- Rain falls from clouds which again gets mixed in ponds, lakes, seas, rivers, and oceans.
- How rainwater and rivers circulate and are purified via different ways to supply us clean drinking water and water for the household purpose has been clearly described.
- The chapter ends by giving tips to save water.