NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 7 - Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion
The chapter begins with an introduction to particles and their relationship with different bodies. Then we read about the mass and the centre of mass and the motion in the centre of mass. The chapter tells us about linear momentum in a system of particles. We move on to learn the difference between angular velocity and its relation with linear velocity.
We also learn about equilibrium in rigid bodies and the moment of inertia. We would further read about the theorems of perpendicular and parallel axes. Various equations and numerical also explain the kinematics, dynamics, and angular momentum in rotational motion about a fixed axis. The chapter concludes by giving a brief about rolling motion.
- The chapter tells us about the motions in a rigid body and the centre of mass of particles and its equations.
- Linear momentum in a system of particles relates to Newton's second law of motion.
- We also study the vector product and the vector product obtained from two vectors.
- Various diagrams and numerical also portray the relationship between angular and linear velocity.
- Moment of force is torque.
- The chapter also illustrates the relation between torque and angular momentum and angular acceleration with practical examples.
- We also learn about the angular momentum of a particle and the conservation of angular momentum.
- Forces change the total linear momentum of a rigid body.
- The chapter further encapsulates the equilibrium attained in such a rigid body.
- Equations and theorems also teach us about the centre of gravity in this chapter.
- We then read about the moment of inertia by beginning with the kinetic energy of a rotating body.
- Tables and graphs also try to explain the theorems of perpendicular and parallel axes in this chapter.
- Then we move on to the kinematic, dynamic and angular momentum derivations in rotational motion about a fixed axis.
- Any rolling body on a level surface experiences rolling motion and the kinetic energy in rolling objects is explained with the help of equations and examples along with solutions.
Download PDF For FREE
Key Features of the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 7: Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion
- Well-structured and simplified materials to help the student in performing better in exams and school in general.
- The answers, solutions and explanations have been written while keeping in mind the different performance levels and retaining capacities of students.