NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 10 - Mechanical Properties in Liquids
In the last chapter, we studied the mechanical properties in solids. In this chapter, we will focus on the mechanical properties in liquids. The chapter begins by telling us about pressure and its application in liquids. We are introduced to concepts like streamline flow and Bernoulli's principle. We also read about viscosity in detail. The chapter concludes by telling us about surface tensions and its calculations.
- The pressure is a scalar quantity.
- The smaller the surface area on which a force acts, the greater the pressure of that area.
- The chapter explains the equations of pressure and how they are applied.
- Pascal's law says that in a fluid at rest, at the same height, the pressure experienced is the same at all points.
- We will also read about the variation in pressure according to depth in a liquid.
- We also learn about concepts of gauge pressure, atmospheric pressure and hydrostatic paradox with the help of examples.
- The chapter goes on to give an introduction to hydraulic machines and their usage.
- Streamline flow is basically the study of fluids in motion.
- Derivations and calculations explain the equation of continuity.
- Bernoulli's principle relates two pressure differences in a pipe to both velocity changes and elevation changes.
- The chapter gives us the equation of Bernoulli's principle and its drawbacks and restrictions.
- We also learn about Torricelli's laws and the speed of efflux principle.
- Resistance to fluid motion is called viscosity.
- The chapter lists the various equations of viscosity and its derivations.
- The chapter also explains Stokes' law in relation to viscosity.
- The chapter ends by teaching the students the concepts of surface tension.
- We study surface energy, angle of contact, drops and bubbles, and various other surface tension concepts.
Download PDF For FREE
Key Features of the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 10: Mechanical Properties in Liquids
- Elaborate and cohesive answers to provide an in-depth understanding of the subject to the students.
- The solutions provided by the team at Aakash also aim to target the curiosity in students towards the subject at hand.
- The course material provided by Aakash strictly follows the guidelines provided by NCERT.